Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th June 2007, 23:00   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
zenopio, sathya here gets 10kmpl. mostly it depends on the way you drive it. with or without a/c, rip or no rip, with or witout light foot on pedal etc. definitely it will give 10, and maybe more as time goes by.
Yes, with AC switched on always, it gives 10 for me (filled in petrol 5-7 times by now) - this is without sun control film.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 14:32   #182

The red colour looks awesome on zxi!

Somehow I didn't get this feel when I looked at the red ZXi demo car @ Bimal.
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 20:25   #183
BHPian

The red demo car has stickers all over on it. Probably, that d=ecreases the appeal! I am thinking about a black ZXi w/o leather.
What do you guys think?

PS: Any members here who have got the same model/colour?
hmishra83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 20:30   #184
Team-BHP Support

black, white, silver and red all look good and in real the front end is turning into quite a poser, was ogling at a white one today morning in front of office, only if they plonked a diesel motor also he he am sounding like a diesel fanatic now
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 10:22   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
The red colour looks awesome on zxi!

Somehow I didn't get this feel when I looked at the red ZXi demo car @ Bimal.
Well I have the Red SX4 now for two weeks and it does look great. I had a Black Baleno before this and was somehow not convinced abt black colour on SX4. Wanted something bright to match the new fresh car! I actually wanted the Swift "Red" which is a non-metallic shade but this turned out to be different.
I too was not convinced abt the colour and booked the SX4 without telling them the colour. It took me almost 4 days to study the various colour options before I zereod in on Red.
Yes the demo car is stickered so much that you dont see much of the car, I too had the same feeling when I saw the Red Demo car at Bimal.
Here are a few pics which shows how stunning the car looks!

@#2#

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th June 2007 at 10:53. Reason: link edited
1000w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 12:18   #186
BHPian

When did you book this car?? What was the delivery period for you??
sudhir5478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 13:29   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
When did you book this car?? What was the delivery period for you??
Booked on 14May, took delivery on 4thJune, exactly 3 weeks. This is at Bimal Auto, Whitefield road, SX4 - Red without Leather
1000w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 14:14   #188
BHPian

looks nice in red, white and grey are also appealing..silver & white have the max waiting currently at dealers
TRANSAM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 14:20   #189
BHPian

ok, to all owners... What do you feel about the NVH levels ? isn't the engine making lot of noise when the speed goes above 80 ? Also, what about outside noise filtering on the inside, someone on the forum mentioned about getting the sound proofing done outside ? Not sure what he meant, can anyone elaborate pls

Any updates on Maruti doing something about that raised rear middle seat ?

Average seems to vary and one of my friend is reporting 8-9 in Delhi.
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 16:13   #190
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I drive an auto SX4 where the NVH are surely higher esp after 100kmph. Esp in the right side window, i hear a hiss sound which is horrible. Not so good work by Suzuki in this area.

I clocked already 11k and changed to semi-synth the engine noise reduced a lot. Next oil change i want to move to synth. hopefully there'll be more noise reduction from engine bay.

One recommendation, try change to semi or full synth oil by 10k or so and see the car picking up and cruising, it is on par with any thing like corolla altis or civic.
sgmuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 16:39   #191
BHPian

Which brands sell semi or full synth oil in India?
I remember looking around for my Enfield A350, couldn't locate one easily, so gave up and got the usual ELF that i use. Thats the story of a 2-wheeler though. So no comparisions.
hmishra83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 19:06   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
ok, to all owners... What do you feel about the NVH levels ? isn't the engine making lot of noise when the speed goes above 80 ?
Not sure if you can notice if you keep windows closed. I always drive keeping windows closed and didn't hear noise much. So, noise proof is probably good.

Quote:
Any updates on Maruti doing something about that raised rear middle seat ?
MUL called me yesterday and asked for feedback. I told them except 4 -ve points, it is good car. Those -ve points: bad build quality, poor AC (after 1st service it is good now), rear centre seat uncomfy and reverse gear is stuck many times (either try again or shift 1st gear and try back reverse). He said he would take the feedback and convey. Probably, if all owners start complaining about it, they may look into.

Quote:
Average seems to vary and one of my friend is reporting 8-9 in Delhi.
I am getting 10. Ask him to take it to service and report the issue. MUL seemed to have told all dealers to correct AC whenever given for service.
Old 12th June 2007, 20:15   #193
Senior - BHPian

sathya

i am deciding to call it a day with sx4. i dont seem to like either the waiting period with maruti or the attitude with the dealer. i know what i will be missing, but i believe peace of mind is more important than all the other associated goodies. probably my next car would be either of these - a 1.6 palio, 1.6 LT aveo (with abs/airbags etc), or a 1.2 UVA (since i personally like it a lot). the ford fiesta diesel appeals, but somehow i dread ford.

thanks maruti
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 20:42   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
sathya

i am deciding to call it a day with sx4. i dont seem to like either the waiting period with maruti or the attitude with the dealer. i know what i will be missing, but i believe peace of mind is more important than all the other associated goodies. probably my next car would be either of these - a 1.6 palio, 1.6 LT aveo (with abs/airbags etc), or a 1.2 UVA (since i personally like it a lot). the ford fiesta diesel appeals, but somehow i dread ford.

thanks maruti
Oops! Sorry to hear. But as you correctly said peace of mind is most important, by then they deliver your car you would have lost all enthu.

I am surprised with your options Aveo and UVA - both are of different segments. All the best whatever you decide!!

Just to know - Is the dealer still saying 3 months for delivery? We badly need a separate thread to pour in all issues wrt delivery.
Old 12th June 2007, 20:49   #195
Senior - BHPian

yes they are of different segments, but its the pleasure i got when i drove them. i felt totally at comfort and ease while driving the uva. as for sx4, there is already a thread started by you for woes!! and me for swift diesel woes! its not about delivery times, maybe the sx4 will come tomorrow itself, but by now i ve lost all enthu about it.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote