Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th June 2007, 21:12   #196
Senior - BHPian

SX4 is good car for its price and features, I will tell you base don my experience BIMAL is sucks big time in keeping smiley on customer.

According to me most of the car dealers sellt he car based on influeance we bring. I can bring that but I won't do that unless its really urgent or we need to pay premium amount for car price they will give you immediately. this is so bad thing in the world.

After buying Swift and dealing with BIMAL I decided not to buy single brand new car and we can find good good used cars if we check fully and buy.

Since you like Aveo go for it its very good sedan very well improved one and GM has learnt a lot now in India and their attitude is better now.

I will give you one example while I hate Maruti:

Maruti could have improved Swift very much after the launch and when so many customers have sent its -ve aspects. Its over 2 years now not much tuning we can see with Swift, Its same rattling car sold to poor Indian public.

GM they worked out a lot and shown very much progress in bringing out
best product suitable for India. I really like how they improved Tavera.
Now they have very good line up in all segment. I am sure the way GM is progressing I am getting tempted to new Optra for Bangalore use and send my Innova to my dad's palce so when I visit him I can travel there.

Even Toyota have dedicated team and work every day to improve their carline based on customer feedback, year by year they launched improved
prodcut. Samething with Hyundai as well.

Don't go for Fiesta please, its Aveo for you Srik Aveo is one really best VFM car and it has smooth ride and very nice build and quality in it.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS The above comment is my personal expereince and feedback
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 21:17   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
sathya

i am deciding to call it a day with sx4. i dont seem to like either the waiting period with maruti or the attitude with the dealer. i know what i will be missing, but i believe peace of mind is more important than all the other associated goodies. probably my next car would be either of these - a 1.6 palio, 1.6 LT aveo (with abs/airbags etc), or a 1.2 UVA (since i personally like it a lot). the ford fiesta diesel appeals, but somehow i dread ford.

thanks maruti
Why the Aveo 1.6. AFAIK there isnt much performance difference between the LS and the LT. You can save some money and go for the 1.4 version.

And yes Aveo is a promising car. I have began to respect this car after the recent changes to gearshift, instrument cluster etc.

Last edited by DCEite : 12th June 2007 at 21:18.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 21:40   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Why the Aveo 1.6. AFAIK there isnt much performance difference between the LS and the LT. You can save some money and go for the 1.4 version.

And yes Aveo is a promising car. I have began to respect this car after the recent changes to gearshift, instrument cluster etc.
Reading reviews in Autocar, my impression was that Aveo's gearbox is worst - if you say it has improved, then Autocar magazine needs to update (not only this, in many aspects, Autocar folks give wrong info).
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 14:18   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Don't go for Fiesta please,
PS The above comment is my personal expereince and feedback
This is getting repetitive, i know. But then, here we go again.
Reasons please?

Geeksrik, if you need help from the Ford dealer (not Metro) in Bangalore, let me know. Will be glad to help out.

Interestingly, havent heard anything majorly negative about the Fiesta (diesel and non-diesel) on the forum.

@satya_nars : When i test drove the Aveo (before the rework) the gear shift was horroble. Although i love driving, i drove it for only a km or two, and then asked my friend to take over. I believe it is much better now, based upon owner feedback on the forum. Ask Kamy for more info. We also have a thread on the same in the 'Indian Car Scene'.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th June 2007 at 14:21.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 14:43   #200
Team-BHP Support

in my experience the aveo though offered lot of luxury tit bits and space in VFM package was lacking in driver orientation.

it actually rode worse than my iKON, had a very poor gear shift (atleast the test drive car i drove) and these just pulled me back from my decision and went for the swift
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 15:04   #201
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ravi, I have since quite sometime been following your posts. You need to substantiate a bit more my friend rather than just saying " wait for two years and you will see" or '' Don't go for Fiesta please'' . When you say something, back it up with proof or substantiate your comments. Not many people can get inside your head and see your POV. I certainly cant.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 19:03   #202
Senior - BHPian

Some more bad news maruti's plant would be shut down for a week almost[6 days] this month as part of their biennial plant maintainance.

Dont know how much this will affect the swift and sx4 deliveries.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 19:43   #203
Senior - BHPian

mclaren1885 Well it appears whatever statement I make you dont like
When I make statement based on my personal views you should take its my personal opinion instead of commenting.

Where I said "wait for two years and you will see" ? I said 1 year is enough to proove SX4 is not good car as per my knowledge! lol

Coming to Aveo and Fiesta the reason I told why Aveo has edge over Fiesta.

1. Aveo is more practical than Fiesta although Fiesta is driver's car compared with Aveo.

2. Ford reputation and quality control mainly with dealer service in India is not good at all. Fiesta is better package among Ford car I do agree If someone want Ford car nothing else its Fiesta. But still Fiesta is costlier than Aveo and even SX4 to maintain if we study Ford's maintanance plan.
Or lets have discussion with Ford top officials, GM top officials about cost of ownership we will know what I mean.

3. Aveo is really cheap to buy and maintain as well compared with Fiesta,
Aveo has better build, better ride and more luxurious, according to me its very beautifull car. Only -ve aspect about Aveo is its not driver's cars apaprt from that everything is good with Aveo compared with Fiesta and SX4.

If we compare Aveo, Fiesta, SX4 base models its Aveo which will win even in terms of money for the packages offered.

SX4 wins with big margin If we compare with top end variants because SX4 has really many goodies.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 13th June 2007, 20:02   #204
BHPian

I havent got my a/c serviced while given for 1st service. actually they told me that the prob is with some specific vehicles n mine hav no probs with a/c. personally i donn feel any prob with a/c since i was using a zen.
could anyone pls throw some lite to this ???
libis22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 20:04   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Aveo has better build, better ride and more luxurious, according to me its very beautifull car. Only -ve aspect about Aveo is its not driver's cars apaprt from that everything is good with Aveo compared with Fiesta and SX4.
Ravi i will not agree to the part referring to build and ride, build is same and i felt the parts held up better in fiesta (the test drive cars atleast), the door handles and the ac vents were in bad shape in the aveo which had 8k kms compared to the 30k km Fiesta, yes fiesta dash was looking dull.

again aveo had wood grain and plastics were visually pleasing thats all.

Ride lets not kid here sit or ride both the cars and then say which one has a better ride.

SX4 my personal opinion compared to both Fiesta and Aveo is much much better after a brief test drive, yes the car had couple of hundred kms on it and cant comment on how it will hold after 30 k kms.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 20:23   #206
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Boss, its not that I dont like. Just that some people dont appreciate one line answers(that too dubious ones). Certainly if its not a joke or a wisecrack.

Quote:
Where I said "wait for two years and you will see" ? I said 1 year is enough to proove SX4 is not good car as per my knowledge! lol
I was hoping that you would notice this .

Coming to the rest of the points you made, I would like to thank you for being expressive. I suggest you continue doing so in the future too than just one line answers. Whether we agree or disagree is a different issue.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 21:23   #207
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really feel we should use private message
rather than back and forth discussion which will lead thread to wrong direction and loose interest.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS There are many one line dubious answers in this website so members can make it a point keep suggesting and pointing the fingers for all those comments ?
Old 13th June 2007, 21:47   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
I am sure its not just mclaren1885. Man, when I read your posts, I feel like its some machine that's posting and not a human - maybe its time tbhp had those character recognition checks that you see all over the web - you know the ones with crazily shaped characters that we have to type out to prove that we are humans. This senseless cut-and-paste has been getting to me for quite some time now.

Quote:
When I make statement based on my personal views you should take its my personal opinion instead of commenting.
You are entitled to your opinion for sure. But I guess it needs to be based on some facts, instead of just hot air.

Quote:
Where I said "wait for two years and you will see" ? I said 1 year is enough to proove SX4 is not good car as per my knowledge!
Yeah, right. You seem to have a vast reservoir of knowledge.

Quote:
Or lets have discussion with Ford top officials, GM top officials about cost of ownership we will know what I mean.
Hmmm. Great. Thats the way we go about comparing maintenance costs - by sitting with officials. While we are at it, lets invite Jagdish Khattar also.

And before I forget, how come you missed the old Bajaj Chetak and the Atlas cycle that were also sold out (sic) ?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 13th June 2007 at 21:48.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 21:49   #209
Senior - BHPian

Default You can post pics at....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Since I am newbie, the pics I attach aren't appearing (@Mods, attention please), Yahoo briefcase doesn't allow to post - do you guys know of any site?
flickr - -http://flickr.com - you can sign in with your yahoo account.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 11:16   #210
Senior - BHPian

Guys some of you take my comments -vely may be you love MUL too much, can't hold yourself if someone say against MUL.

But remmember in this forum I saw in many places members didn't respect few car makers and made lot of loose comments which hurted many people in big way. Few TBHP members acting as its granted.

If its Logon (or Logoff whatever you call...). If there is service centre to repair the car or spare parts not available no need to comment in cheap manner on any car maker. There are many reasons why car creates big names or if it loose market share.

I know this is off topic but the way you keep questioning me I decided to comment in this thread itself.

Regards,

Ravi.