Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th June 2007, 11:32   #211
BHPian

Geeksrik, If you are going for FORD.. let me now..bcoz i have offer price for the employee,friends and relatives scheme. You can save max of 40k in Blore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This is getting repetitive, i know. But then, here we go again.
Reasons please?

Geeksrik, if you need help from the Ford dealer (not Metro) in Bangalore, let me know. Will be glad to help out.

Interestingly, havent heard anything majorly negative about the Fiesta (diesel and non-diesel) on the forum.

@satya_nars : When i test drove the Aveo (before the rework) the gear shift was horroble. Although i love driving, i drove it for only a km or two, and then asked my friend to take over. I believe it is much better now, based upon owner feedback on the forum. Ask Kamy for more info. We also have a thread on the same in the 'Indian Car Scene'.
csanthosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 11:34   #212
Team-BHP Support

Cool OT and not so OT

i hate erratic ford a.s.s but i love the car

i hate maruti rattle (not overall build, both are very different aspects) but i love the a.s.s and the car

i hate honda a.s.s and car hype but love the engine.... vroooooooom...

i love chevy for showing a diff perspective in luxury at affordable price but i hate them for doing too much of market strategy thingie

i went for aveo smitten by ol mans optra, but immediately woke up when i saw that aveo was too much compromise and i would rather put the additional money and get the bigger optra.... if only i could afford

Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 11:59   #213
Team-BHP Support

Ravi, do not take it personally, but every time a 'What Car' question comes up, you post saying 'wait and see' and so on. Many a time one-line statements saying 'Dont go for Fiesta' leave a wrong impression with people who are on a car hunt. Give facts, and people will defintiely appreciate those.

There is a saying, "Its better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all". Put forward your facts, and observations, and let the concerned person decide, as in this case, the person makes an educated decision. If it backfires, its him who is responsible, and no one else.

I rest my case.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 12:16   #214
Senior - BHPian

Benbsb please Count how many times I said wait and see? If I said so I gave reasons but for few its sounded like I am not backing it up fully. In every post we can't keep give every reason why member give the feedback.

I have mentioned actual fact rather than just typing wrong info.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 12:33   #215
BHPian

Arrow

Guys lets get on the discussion.

Aveo 1,4 is also a good car. I went to see Aveo but when i saw uva i was attracted too lol

Similar way when i went to see Fusion i took TD of fiesta and i liked both fords thats the way we get confused but it was really difficult for me to zero down on Aveo. Few said its good few said its not good. Then i did comparison with price, FE, A.S.S and brand image. I found Aveo to be better.

Price wise it is cheaper with goodies it carries along. FE is equal to fiesta in some cases better then fiesta depends how you drive. A.S.S better then ford and giving competition to honda in bangalore atleast. Brand image will be better then ford and sooner GM will be a better brand in india as we can see the way they are committed for product line up.

few points i assumed also. But over all i feel my choice was not wrong.
kamy450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 12:48   #216
BANNED

Took delivery of my SX-4 vxi(A.Grey) (10k worth free accessories were also part of package besides the mats) today(14/6).
I found the pickup good,tire noise and engine noise high for a car of this segment.
Clutch pedal is awkwardly placed.
The A.C is also not that powerful IMHO.
Will update further.

cheers.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 14:33   #217
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Pradeep, thats good to see you are getting 10k worth free accessories, may be VXI is not moving much comapred with ZXI so they offered acessories for newly launched car or you managed to get it

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 15:04   #218
BHPian

pradeep did you make sure that the dealership took care of the known a/c problem? this is probably why ur finding that it is not very effective...
nirav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 15:12   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
Guys lets get on the discussion.

Aveo 1,4 is also a good car. I went to see Aveo but when i saw uva i was attracted too lol

Similar way when i went to see Fusion i took TD of fiesta and i liked both fords thats the way we get confused but it was really difficult for me to zero down on Aveo. Few said its good few said its not good. Then i did comparison with price, FE, A.S.S and brand image. I found Aveo to be better.

Price wise it is cheaper with goodies it carries along. FE is equal to fiesta in some cases better then fiesta depends how you drive. A.S.S better then ford and giving competition to honda in bangalore atleast. Brand image will be better then ford and sooner GM will be a better brand in india as we can see the way they are committed for product line up.

few points i assumed also. But over all i feel my choice was not wrong.
now this is what i call a proper research and decision making on a car buy. congratz kamy, aveo indeed is a very good fit.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 15:13   #220
BHPian

pradeep congrats, how did you get those add ons?
TRANSAM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 15:23   #221
BHPian

Smile Took the delivery of Zxi with Leather

Hi! Guys...

At last 3 weeks after booking I took the delivery of the Zxi with Leather yesterday from RNS Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore. ...I had to change the colour option from Beige to Red for this...and there are no regrets for this change...The car looks huge with this colour...and the ride quality was also good....Yet to test the car's performance and FE after a long drive sometime....

BTW, I spent abt 10K for accessories....The dealer did not give any free accessories except for an Idol and Ambi Pur Perfume set...

Following were the cost of the accessories...

Floor Mats + Boot Mat -> 2K
Reverse Parking Sensor -> 4K
Sunfilms -> 3K
Bumper Corner protector -> 550

One thing I observed this morning was that the power windows of the rear doors do not open completely...abt 1/3rd if the window portion still visible when lowered....When I called up the dealer, he said its a safety feature....Can any one explain me if this is so..or is there some fault??
sudhir5478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 15:46   #222
BHPian

you are lucky to get these accessories.
I got the delivery on 27th may and still waiting for accessories from MGA.

The Rea windows will not open completely. It a security feature provided in SX4.
amitbjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 16:13   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitbjha
The Rea windows will not open completely. It a security feature provided in SX4.
Its not just about SX4. Same with Baleno (and even Alto, if I remember right).

And I dont think the windows not going down is not a safety feature in itself, though they will say that it helps keep kids safe. LOL.

I think its because they have the crash protection bars within the doors, which does not allow the windows to go any further.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 16:53   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post

Following were the cost of the accessories...

Floor Mats + Boot Mat -> 2K
Reverse Parking Sensor -> 4K
Sunfilms -> 3K
Bumper Corner protector -> 550
Congrats and join the SX4 club. I saved 2k since dealer gave mats free. What is color of bumper corner protector? black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
One thing I observed this morning was that the power windows of the rear doors do not open completely...abt 1/3rd if the window portion still visible when lowered....When I called up the dealer, he said its a safety feature....Can any one explain me if this is so..or is there some fault??
It is not fault, it is as expected. Manual mentioned why it is like that, forgot it. Do post FE numbers and reviews of performance, etc.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 16:54   #225
BANNED

Well according to Popular automobiles salesmen- zxi is the version which has a sensor problem in Climate control,vxi A.C is better. Well, need to observe.
Yes, it is a fact that VXi is not appealing b'cos most of the sales is on ZXI and b'cos of the VFM package.
Vxi is bare,not even a cassette recorder!

cheers.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote