Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th June 2007, 11:25   #241

Geek.. I own a Aveo got at oct 3rd (For my mom's birthday), At that time i was confused of choosing Fiesta or Aveo, When there was some delivery issue on the date (as i am particular on that date) i thought of opting for Fiesta, But as i am more obsessed with the looks and the interiors of the aveo, I didnt wanted to change the decision moreover I am changing the car of my like just because of the delivery delay, This doesnt sound good a reason. So i would strongly reommend you to wait more a month, for SX4, Afterall, All that start unwell, will End well too !!!!
Give it some time, On day one sitting in your car and telling fellow Bhpians about your ride on the sx4 would be defintly pleasing and you will surely forget the delay they have caused... Btw I am seriously surprised about the delay of 4 to 6 months Which is very high!!!

rajiv... sorry about your dad... As most of the case i drive the car i dont find that a problem to me.. Will take care of this for those people sitting behind!!!
Cheers,
SR
FAst 'n furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 15:21   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
Hi! Guys...

At last 3 weeks after booking I took the delivery of the Zxi with Leather yesterday from RNS Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore. ...I had to change the colour option from Beige to Red for this...and there are no regrets for this change...The car looks huge with this colour...and the ride quality was also good....Yet to test the car's performance and FE after a long drive sometime....

BTW, I spent abt 10K for accessories....The dealer did not give any free accessories except for an Idol and Ambi Pur Perfume set...

Following were the cost of the accessories...

Floor Mats + Boot Mat -> 2K
Reverse Parking Sensor -> 4K
Sunfilms -> 3K
Bumper Corner protector -> 550

One thing I observed this morning was that the power windows of the rear doors do not open completely...abt 1/3rd if the window portion still visible when lowered....When I called up the dealer, he said its a safety feature....Can any one explain me if this is so..or is there some fault??
Guys,
I have booked more than a month back @pratham blore.. i ahvent get the vehicle yet.. i am still in same position as moth back... i talk to maruti sales manager too nothing is happended.....

verghesd vbmenu_register("postmenu_454682", true); : did you get the vehicle?
csanthosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 20:04   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanthosh View Post
Guys,
I have booked more than a month back @pratham blore.. i ahvent get the vehicle yet.. i am still in same position as moth back... i talk to maruti sales manager too nothing is happended.....

verghesd vbmenu_register("postmenu_454682", true); : did you get the vehicle?
Nope. I booked at Pratham@queens road and gave Beige/Silver preference on May 11th. I was told that I am the first to get if they get a beige/silver for any current shipment. But nothing has happened. waiting for Honda to release City with ABS/Airbag
verghesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 20:23   #244
Senior - BHPian

jagguda,

this post is getting more and more interesting. however still it stays within topic. well i called mul regional office lady picks up and tells me that i have to wait for 2 more months without even asking what my case is! then i explain and she says her office itself is working under total confusion and they dont know when cars are coming through. then she says bookings have stopped now for sx4 and swift diesel - i m sure she was totally totally confused.

i gave such a blasting that she said she will ask the concerned person to call up. i also asked her how working for maruti she can talk irresponsibly towards customers like this, i also told her i might go in for a harasment case for delays with the consumer forum.

anyways, the dealer has finally sent in for cancellation for my sx4. i should receive the money by monday back. SBI says now that the same car has to be bought with same dealer with same cheque. i told them thats not possible, i have to sit with them and get it changed to another mul dealer. i have spoken to manju at rns. he said he will help me out though he says it will be 2 more months for me if no other car is available as of now. anyways, i ve decided to go to rns for this time. so lemme stick to sx4 for some more time.

meanwhile more things happening back here. might go in for a change in workplace so that should keep me occupied for a while. and i can forget my car for a while and wait on. that aside my loan emi has begun. this is the status.

i saw both the UVA and an sx4 in my company parking lot. i must appreciate both the cars they were looking majestic and nice. biege looks cool in sx4. very nice indeed.

adieu for now
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 21:11   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
jagguda,

this post is getting more and more interesting. however still it stays within topic. well i called mul regional office lady picks up and tells me that i have to wait for 2 more months without even asking what my case is! then i explain and she says her office itself is working under total confusion and they dont know when cars are coming through. then she says bookings have stopped now for sx4 and swift diesel - i m sure she was totally totally confused.
I got my SX4 ZXi in 3 weeks. I used the so called "priority quota" to push things through. You have to send a mail to some folks at MUL from your corporate email ID. This is supposedly for corporate customers, its surely worth a shot if it helps to get the car!
Suggest to speak to the sales guy at whichever agency you have booked the vehicle if he can help with this regard.
-Manish
1000w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 03:16   #246
Senior - BHPian

Only today did I notice after visiting the website that the SX4 does not have center arm rest even on the top end variant. I am thoroughly disappointed to say the least. When will the Indian customer be looked upon the same way as his counterparts across the world ?
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 12:11   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Only today did I notice after visiting the website that the SX4 does not have center arm rest even on the top end variant. I am thoroughly disappointed to say the least. When will the Indian customer be looked upon the same way as his counterparts across the world ?
Are you talking about the front or the rear?
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 12:56   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Rear has centre armrest (And many dont like it).

Must be the front he is talking of, however, IMO< i doesnt need one in the front cause the gearshift and all fall in hand nicely, unlike the SUVs where you have to lift your hand to reach for the gears.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 14:29   #249
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Geek, its really sad to hear about your experience. As you have decided talk to the guys at RNS. While I too shall try and see if anything can be done to get rid of your miseries at the earliest.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 21:23   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am referring to the front. Some may feel that it is not required or may interefere with the gear shifting but if positioned correct it really takes the stress and fatigue out of you to an extent. This comes out of my own experience after driving my Civic in the US for the last one year. Also, the compartment under the arm rest doubles up as a storage space which is very convenient.
Old 16th June 2007, 21:44   #251
Senior - BHPian

Well rr_zen it can be fitted aftermarket.
Old 17th June 2007, 08:56   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well rr_zen it can be fitted aftermarket.
I think this has been discussed in a different thread but can you throw more light on where it can be bought and fitted. If that works out nothing like it. !
Old 17th June 2007, 12:22   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I think this has been discussed in a different thread but can you throw more light on where it can be bought and fitted. If that works out nothing like it. !
Any accessory shop will have it, just ask for Center Arm Rest for the SX4 and you can try it at Milan Subway.
Old 17th June 2007, 15:11   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Any accessory shop will have it, just ask for Center Arm Rest for the SX4 and you can try it at Milan Subway.
Front arm rest!?? Thats awesome if this can be done.

Has anyone seen it done? Hows the fit and finish? The plastics of gearshifter shroud and arm rest would show the craftsmanship i guess.
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 18:13   #255
Senior - BHPian

Are the stock headlamps on the SX4 sufficient,has anyone upgraded from the OE stuff.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote