Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st June 2007, 15:37   #271
BHPian

Guys, How much does sun control film cost for SX4? Planning to go with Lumar.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 16:23   #272
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Congrats, do post some pics. Have a safe drive!

Thanks,

pics at:
Picasa Web Albums - Vinay - New Car

I suggest to go through manual completely, it helps.

Suggestion's already implemented and it did help. Thanks. And oh boy, I did'nt know the security system's so complicate, till I read the complete manual.

Anybody's gone for a tyre rehaul? GIII is not available in the same size and a wider set might affect FE.

I was told Sun films will be around 4K-5K in MGA.

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 17:35   #273
BHPian

Hi! Sathya,

The Garware sunfilm costed 3K for me...and the 3M was for 5.5K. This was at the showroom itself...I preferred to have it done by the dealer itself instead of some roadside shops...
sudhir5478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 17:51   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Guys, How much does sun control film cost for SX4? Planning to go with Lumar.
At Bimal Indiranagar I came across two variants in Llumar sun films,
Black 35 SR - Rs.3150/- ( UV Rej 95% , Solar Energy rej 36% )
Steel 35 SR - Rs.5700/- ( UV Rej 99% , Solar Energy rej 54% )

All the tints(20,35,50) of the Black and Steel sun film models cost the same.

btw, I had booked SX4 ZXi model way back in April @ Bimal indira nagar and getting the delivery tomorrow, it is a beige one. Is there any checklist one should go through before taking delivery of the car?
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 18:11   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
Hi! Sathya,

The Garware sunfilm costed 3K for me...and the 3M was for 5.5K. This was at the showroom itself...I preferred to have it done by the dealer itself instead of some roadside shops...
I am told Garware film for SX4 Rs.1300 only - all windows with 50% gray, rear glass 70%gray. I am also told that these are RTO approved transperancy. This is at dealer, MGA shop
omishra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 18:34   #276
BHPian

Post Neon accessories for SX4

I am new to this site. I was browsing this site to get comments about SX4. After searching lot of forums and blogs I decided to purchase SX4 and I booked a red one yesterday at Maruti directly. He told me that he will deliver in 4 weeks through Khivraj Motors. On road cost was Rs. 7.89 in chennai (w/o leather). I selected Red since it looks sporty and I plan to add Spoiler, Graphics, & Neon glow. Can anyone suggest me how much neon would cost for 2 pairs.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 20:44   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
At Bimal Indiranagar I came across two variants in Llumar sun films,
Black 35 SR - Rs.3150/- ( UV Rej 95% , Solar Energy rej 36% )
Steel 35 SR - Rs.5700/- ( UV Rej 99% , Solar Energy rej 54% )

All the tints(20,35,50) of the Black and Steel sun film models cost the same.
Thanks all for the info on film cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
btw, I had booked SX4 ZXi model way back in April @ Bimal indira nagar and getting the delivery tomorrow, it is a beige one. Is there any checklist one should go through before taking delivery of the car?
In April itself you booked it?? Oh boy, you are toooo confident on SX4. All the best for delivery!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html - it helped me a lot!! Thanks TBHP..
Old 21st June 2007, 21:02   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I am new to this site. I was browsing this site to get comments about SX4. After searching lot of forums and blogs I decided to purchase SX4 and I booked a red one yesterday at Maruti directly. He told me that he will deliver in 4 weeks through Khivraj Motors. On road cost was Rs. 7.89 in chennai (w/o leather). I selected Red since it looks sporty and I plan to add Spoiler, Graphics, & Neon glow. Can anyone suggest me how much neon would cost for 2 pairs.
How did you book at MUL directly? Guess, if it works, others in this thread can follow this path too.

Man! You have big list of accessories, keep posting pics once you have these fit in - sorry I have no clue of those except spoiler.
Old 22nd June 2007, 10:28   #279
VBV
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html - it helped me a lot!! Thanks TBHP..[/quote]

This list is quite comprehensive.

But in addition to this, Maruti has a checklist that the salesperson needs to tick. It is available in duplicate, one for the salesperson and another for the customer. Please demand the checklist and make sure you go through the entire checklist.
Old 25th June 2007, 14:50   #280
VBV
BHPian

Hi Sathya_nars,

I needed some info from you. Where exactly is G Sports, in Jayanagar? Was 4.3K for a dual tone seat cover or for a single tone?

TIA,
VBV
Old 25th June 2007, 15:39   #281
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sathya for SX4. Do you have rattling problems as in Swift?

What is your overall view about the car after a month of ownership exp?
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 20:18   #282
BHPian

What's the current wait time for a ZXI with leather?
jaganm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 20:18   #283
BHPian

I know one guy in MUL through my friend who works in HP. If you want to book use this number 9444906436 (Name: Eswar). He will followup and will priority to the delivery.

The number which I gave is for everyone who wants to buy.

During the test drive I took a right turn fast just to see how it manages when cornering. I was in total control. Though it is tall I think the wider tyre should manage to keep it low. Even though Fiesta is better in handling, at high speeds if you do a sharp cornering there are chance for the car to turn over. Any comments on this ?

Last edited by aah78 : 26th June 2007 at 22:11. Reason: multiple posts merged
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 09:05   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
What's the current wait time for a ZXI with leather?
As per my knowledge the current wait time is 3 months for Zxi & Zxi with Leather...Vxi is readily available
sudhir5478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 09:10   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Hi Sathya_nars,

I needed some info from you. Where exactly is G Sports, in Jayanagar? Was 4.3K for a dual tone seat cover or for a single tone?

TIA,
VBV
From 4th blk shopping complex towards 3rd blk ICICI bank, take 1st signal left (2nd signal left is where ICICI is) and in few meters you'll see G sports on left side (opp to it will be Pizza Hut), its a small shop. Mine was for dual tone seat cover.

BTW, while fitting the seat cover, that guy screwed up the wire connection to seat belt holder and hence seat belt warning signal kept blinking even after I put seat belt (had to take it to Pratham to get it corrected) - ENSURE that everything works fine before you take your car back from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats sathya for SX4. Do you have rattling problems as in Swift?

What is your overall view about the car after a month of ownership exp?
Nops, guess MUL has corrected it.

It is very good car and fun to drive. My family too likes it very much. Only issue is that the size is huge, it demands lot of patience to move in city , one way it is good since you will drive safely & carefully.

High GC is key thing I liked, which helps to pass over potholes, etc easily. guess this will be boon especially during rainy times.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th June 2007 at 22:10. Reason: multiple posts merged