Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st May 2007, 20:03   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I think he is talking about some blinking light on his key fob?!! Otherwise what is an "alarm button"? Only thing closest to that I can think of is the Panic mode / car finder button on the remote.

of their business?
There is an Alarm button in dash board, which has a lid in it. After you lock the car using remote, everything inside car is switched off/doors locked, etc. Still the red lid in Alarm button keeps blinking.....It is for iCATs to be active.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 20:10   #17
Team-BHP Support

Congratz, enjoy the car and do drive carefully since your first car.

when alarm is active the system will warn on the dash (atleast in Crv it does) though my Vdi doesnt have warning light and has icats alone.

icats is nothing but a inbuilt chip in the key which makes the key unique and acts as an immobilizer
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 20:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sathya,did choice of colour have anything to do with your delivery getting speeded up.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 20:47   #19
Team-BHP Support

Nahin yaar Zappo Maruti hasnt gone that far ahead to incorporate it in the door locks. It's there only on the ignition.

The swift also doesnt have remote lock and you can open the doors with any locally made key but the ignition has the iCATS which will immobilize when the code does not match.

So if you do need remote lock you still need to purchase after market device.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 20:53   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Congrats on your purchase. I am sure she will keep you happy for many years to come. Do make it to the meets that happen regularly at bangalore. We will help you treat her better.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 20:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sathya,

finally pratham did give the car to you! lucky you. congrats. and you have never said which colour it is, looks from your avtar it must be silver or beige am i right? and yes, its a big car, so drive carefully. most of all maintain a straight line and be in only one lane always unless you have enough space to manouvre to any lane you wish to. all manouvres must be done precisely and on time, dont be slow in changing lanes unnecessarily.

drive safe, enjoy your ride, and take care of your car. its about monsoon time and so employ someone to wash your car everyday. i do it and i spend about 300 bucks. my car keeps gleaming like new! sometimes i do it myself.

and hey mods, why not help sathya post some pics! i guess the pics havent anything to do with mods (unless you post some dirty ones ), just use imageshack website and do the rest!

once again, congrats and enjoy
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 08:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Congrats sathya,did choice of colour have anything to do with your delivery getting speeded up.
Yes..While booking I opted for Grey, then I wanted to change to Gold...But he only had Grey (as usual, his reply was "Gold will take 3 months sir") and I decided to go with Grey itself..

Had I opted for White, I would have gotten it on day of launch itself. I suggest you to give 2-3 options, so that you will get one of them....

We need to trade off between how long you can wait for the colour you r desperate about Vs any other choices of color to speed up delivery.

All the best!!
Old 22nd May 2007, 08:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Congrats on your purchase. I am sure she will keep you happy for many years to come. Do make it to the meets that happen regularly at bangalore. We will help you treat her better.
Sure, keep us updated whenever it happens in Blore, I am glad to meet..

BTW, it is HE not she, as per maruti ads ...
Old 22nd May 2007, 09:07   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Sathya,

finally pratham did give the car to you! lucky you. congrats. and you have never said which colour it is, looks from your avtar it must be silver or beige am i right? and yes, its a big car, so drive carefully. most of all maintain a straight line and be in only one lane always unless you have enough space to manouvre to any lane you wish to. all manouvres must be done precisely and on time, dont be slow in changing lanes unnecessarily.

drive safe, enjoy your ride, and take care of your car. its about monsoon time and so employ someone to wash your car everyday. i do it and i spend about 300 bucks. my car keeps gleaming like new! sometimes i do it myself.

and hey mods, why not help sathya post some pics! i guess the pics havent anything to do with mods (unless you post some dirty ones ), just use imageshack website and do the rest!

once again, congrats and enjoy
Thanks Geek...

It is Azura Grey..The car in my Avatar is Gold, which I clicked while I visited Pratham sometime back when it was in display...

I will upload snaps soon, due to vacation this week for long drive, lots of work to complete in office ....Why not policy in all companies - if an employee purchases a car, he should be given 2-4 weeks leave ....

Yes, I will follow lane guidelines, any other tips for me? unfortunately, it already has 2 scratches , paint is slightly gone in right side front and rear left, I need to get it repaired during 1st service..

Front body is not at visible, even if seat is at highest position, any tips on this? I give enough gap between mine & vehicle in front.

AC seems to be getting better..

Is it advisable to drive at 5th gear (60-70kmph) before 1st service?

I am living inside at Sarjapur road, still finding out who can wash my car..
Old 22nd May 2007, 11:52   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

@zappo: The iCAT only disables the fuel flow & hence doesnt let car to start. read in today's TOI which has page long advert on iCATS
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 11:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

the grey is a superb colour, and you must only feel good with it! how come it already has scratches? did you rub against anyone? on the road? it should be fine for you to drive upto 80kmph generally on 5th too, and sometimes you can touch 100 also (marginal time only) until about 1000km. after that its ok. btw, whats the run in time?

as for the wash, get up at 6am or 630 and do it yourself - its great exercise, and its cool outside in summer during this time. try it, its enough if you wash it 2 times a week maybe or at max 3 (before the monsoons).
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 11:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
the grey is a superb colour, and you must only feel good with it! how come it already has scratches? did you rub against anyone? on the road? it should be fine for you to drive upto 80kmph generally on 5th too, and sometimes you can touch 100 also (marginal time only) until about 1000km. after that its ok. btw, whats the run in time?

as for the wash, get up at 6am or 630 and do it yourself - its great exercise, and its cool outside in summer during this time. try it, its enough if you wash it 2 times a week maybe or at max 3 (before the monsoons).
Once I had touched wall in parking area and other one, slightly hit my house gate while taking vehicle out (very tight space).

For washing, just throw water thro pipe and rub it off using wet cloth - is it good? how do you do it?
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:04   #28
BHPian

Congrats on your new purchase. Enjoy it to the max. Eagerly awaiting your feedback on the car after your long drive.
gt_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:25   #29
BHPian

Which version have you bought and what was the on-road price ?
gt_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:51   #30
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride
How much was the onroad price???
kiranpashtakar is offline   Reply With Quote