Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th June 2007, 09:50   #286
Senior - BHPian

sathya, with my swift itself i can feel that problem of moving around comfy in the city, i am sure i know and can understand how you feel with sx4 !! phew! what a pain those A-pillars must be.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 11:29   #287
BHPian

The GC is very much useful during rainy conditions. Normally SUVs will go in the flooded roads. If we want to cross it we need to think twice whether the car will go or stop in the middle. With SX4 we can go without any hesitation.
Sathya, have you installed parking sensors. Think this will help you if 2 sensors are placed in the front apart from rear to drive easily in tight corners. Should be less than 5K
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 13:48   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
The GC is very much useful during rainy conditions. Normally SUVs will go in the flooded roads. If we want to cross it we need to think twice whether the car will go or stop in the middle. With SX4 we can go without any hesitation.
Sathya, have you installed parking sensors. Think this will help you if 2 sensors are placed in the front apart from rear to drive easily in tight corners. Should be less than 5K
I don't think there is any need for parking sensor's in the front..Since the driver's seat height is adjustable....we can get a clear road view...However parking sensors at rear are advisable....I've got it installed in my car and it costed 4K
sudhir5478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 16:13   #289
BHPian

Satya, during the seat cover fitment, have they managed to make the rear seat back flatter such that the person using the middle seat is comfortable.
gt_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 21:26   #290
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't installed parking sensors at all. I want to practice calculating the size of front and rear while stopping behind a vehicle & while taking reverse. I am making use of ORVMs during reverse. Since it is my first car, I want to practice it better rather than relying on sensors and so - may be I am methodical, but I don't want to depend on those sophisticated accessories. Any comments ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_bhp View Post
Satya, during the seat cover fitment, have they managed to make the rear seat back flatter such that the person using the middle seat is comfortable.
No they didn't and these guys can not. If you wanna do that, you need to take to some roadside shops (many in JC road I guess) who will cut it and screw up the way they think - I am waiting to see if anyone in the forum does it before I attempt .

But looks like the middle seat is better after seat covers were put, I am not sure - I will try to take some snaps and post.

This is another thing screwed up by MUL [Khattar - are you hearing all comments in TBHP threads about SX4? Correct these in next version at least].

For quite sometime there are no talks about mileage and AC. Can you guys post FE numbers? I get 10 in city constantly and wanna know if it is because of daily drive in outer ring road which is similar to long drive.

Also, what tyre pressure you guys are filling, sticker says 33 psi in cold temp. I tell him to fill 35.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th June 2007 at 22:09. Reason: multiple posts merged
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 21:50   #291
BHPian

It is good practice to have the coordinates of the car. I thought you upgraded from a hatch back, and now I know it's your first car. However at later point of time it will help you. Currently I have a Santro but still I find reversing a problem and many times I have hit the bike or some object which I could not see from the seat. So I plan to install in my next vehicle to avoid scratches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
I don't think there is any need for parking sensor's in the front..Since the driver's seat height is adjustable....we can get a clear road view...However parking sensors at rear are advisable....I've got it installed in my car and it costed 4K
What you say is correct. You don't need a sensor at front. However I think it will be useful when taking the car from Parking when there is no enough space in front. Normally this happens and you have turn front and back multiple times to take the car out of the parking lot. I have faced this problem, so I thought it would be good. I had a vision of having cameras on top of car kind of as we play car games, so that we can drive the car by seeing the camera. I know that it is not practical, just a vision.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th June 2007 at 22:09. Reason: multiple posts merged
Old 26th June 2007, 22:08   #292
BHPian

Quote:
What you say is correct. You don't need a sensor at front. However I think it will be useful when taking the car from Parking when there is no enough space in front. Normally this happens and you have turn front and back multiple times to take the car out of the parking lot. I have faced this problem, so I thought it would be good. I had a vision of having cameras on top of car kind of as we play car games, so that we can drive the car by seeing the camera. I know that it is not practical, just a vision.
BTW how does the parking sensor work? Does it raise alarm when the object is within certain distance from the body? Can you vary the distance limit?

Saw reverse sensor in TATA Safari, which had camera in rear bumper and monitor was fitted in inside rear view mirror (guess I saw similar fitment in other thread for SX4). Is this what you guys are discussing here?
Old 27th June 2007, 09:10   #293
BHPian

There are two parking sensors fitted to the rear bumper and there is a small display module which is fitted to the LHS A Pillar inside the car. Whenever you put the reverse gear, these sensors get activated. I think they work similar to Ultrasound,where in they emit some high frequency sound waves and it bounces back when there is obstruction. Based this feedback they display the distance between the car and the obstruction in feet and also a tone is generated. When you enter into the danger zone, the amplitude of the tone increases...This way you can know, how much safe u r while taking a reverse...

There is also another type where in a camera itself is fitted, and you get to see the object behind in real time...but this is quite expensive...When I enquired abt this in the showroon, the price quoted was 17.5K...
sudhir5478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 09:25   #294
BHPian

As Sudhir says it works on ultrasound frequency. There are two types LED less expensive which shows Green,Yellow,Red indicting the distance from the object. The second one LCD which displays the actual distance. If you want to put a camera it costs 10K as I saw this in another thread (showroom always costs more). The only problem is that it is not effective during rain as it gives a false signal.
Old 1st July 2007, 19:41   #295
BHPian

Yesterday when I went for installing sun film, met someone who has SX4 Vxi. He claims mileage as 12 w/o AC. My Zxi with AC gives only 10, AC won't influence for 2 kms diff. I guess it might because of tyre & wheel size, etc.

Can you guys post mileage of Zxi & Vxi?
Old 1st July 2007, 21:28   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
AC won't influence for 2 kms diff.
My Baleno FE differs by 2kmpl.

Without AC in winters - 12-12.5ish
With 100% AC in summers - 10-10.5 ish

Both city figures.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 10:15   #297
BHPian

Hi Sathya,
How much did cost you for sun film?...whre did u do?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Yesterday when I went for installing sun film, met someone who has SX4 Vxi. He claims mileage as 12 w/o AC. My Zxi with AC gives only 10, AC won't influence for 2 kms diff. I guess it might because of tyre & wheel size, etc.

Can you guys post mileage of Zxi & Vxi?
csanthosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 10:28   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanthosh View Post
Hi Sathya,
How much did cost you for sun film?...whre did u do?...
sides & rear costed 4.2K, windshield 5.2K (overall negotiated for 9.2k). It was at Shringar opp Lifestyle. PM me if you want to contact him.
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:06   #299
BHPian

Which sunfilm is it ? for 9.4K ?

In Delhi, after supreme court orders, no sum film on any car!!!
Wonder if there is any transparent film that can block the heat or any other alternatives can be used without getting a challan.
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 20:18   #300

I have been getting 11 on my ZXI in the ciy with the AC on pretty much all the time. I havent yet crossed thr 1000KM mark and service is due shortly. Hope to get a better mileage after the service
Motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote