Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2007, 20:51   #316
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

itnerd, sorry about that. i ve taken swift diesel just because of the sx4 mess. my case was similar, all money given, no car yet. and for one month for 5 lac they wouldve made atleast 5k profit on that. i ll run the swift diesel for about 50k kms or more and then look at honda city later on. no more maruti i ve decided for now.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 20:53   #317
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
India Earnings >> Maruti Udyog >> News & Company Overview

This article says that there is no immediate plans for expansion of SX4 capacity. I've heard they have re adjusted the VXi/ZXi ratio of production and 2500 is the increased set of production.

What is interesting in the interview is that Mr Khattar says that the initial reactions on SX4 is too early to comment on.

In a strange way, I have a quirky smile on my face when I see people quoting 3 months waiting list. The smile gets broader w/ my SX4 in front of me. ;-)
this will only give honda a smile on their faces . its like giving them free time to come up with alternatives soon. and honda wont sit quiet.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 21:39   #318
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
itnerd, sorry about that. i ve taken swift diesel just because of the sx4 mess. my case was similar, all money given, no car yet. and for one month for 5 lac they wouldve made atleast 5k profit on that. i ll run the swift diesel for about 50k kms or more and then look at honda city later on. no more maruti i ve decided for now.
Srik, I thought still you were waiting for SX4, so you bought Swift D? Howz it?
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 21:45   #319
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Hi guys.. I had booked for an SXI zxi on 6th june and when I enquired a week back about the delivery status, the dealer told me that they can priorties my booking if I pay them all the balance amounts (7 lacs) at once..now when I have paid, they are saying its going take 3 weeks (end of july) ..with the excuses that the Azure grey I asked is hard to come by.. I gave my choices for alternative colors - silver, white, red but to no avail... I am getting desperately frustrated knowing the fact that I have been conned into paying the amount upfront and without having the car delivered on time... Now I am considering cancelling the booking altogether and go for a Honda City.. No doubts, a fantastic car.. ruined by Maruti dealers...
Sorry to hear, do you want to book complaint against dealer with MUL? It seems to work for santhosh and from my exp: during feedback, I mentioned that dealer told me 3 months even though I booked before launch and MUL booked complaint against the sales person. Then they were making all attempts (that sales person's manager talked to me, etc) to go behind the complaint.

Probably, you can try out as last attempt. SX4 is good VFM, just be patient.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 23:00   #320
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
itnerd, sorry about that. i ve taken swift diesel just because of the sx4 mess. my case was similar, all money given, no car yet. and for one month for 5 lac they wouldve made atleast 5k profit on that. i ll run the swift diesel for about 50k kms or more and then look at honda city later on. no more maruti i ve decided for now.
Hello Srik, sorry about your case.. It seems like I will be the next prospective customer shying away from SX4 .. and may be would be hundreds in few months if Maruti keeps the current trend .. with Maruti flexing muscles with A3 sedans and much more, there are lot to be desired in its dealerships...
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 23:34   #321
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Sorry to hear, do you want to book complaint against dealer with MUL? It seems to work for santhosh and from my exp: during feedback, I mentioned that dealer told me 3 months even though I booked before launch and MUL booked complaint against the sales person. Then they were making all attempts (that sales person's manager talked to me, etc) to go behind the complaint.

Probably, you can try out as last attempt. SX4 is good VFM, just be patient.
Hi Sathya, I envy you for having the opportunity to dirty your hand and sights with your SX4. Today evening, I talked to the manager of the Maruti dealership.. and have given 5 days for the delivery or else they will lose a customer... he has promised me that he will look into it ... but I am not so convinced ..

the worst thing is I am in dire need of a car at this point as my office has been relocated to Gurgaon and its been terrible shelling more than 600 bucks everyday on taxis .. so can't afford a long waiting.. Agreed SX4 is good VFM ... but with the absurd waiting period, it does not make sense.. at least for me.. there are alternatives too that can give one peace of mind ..
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 09:32   #322
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanthosh View Post
I was thinking like tht it will take some more time for delivery (already 2 months over) for me Then i came to know that the dealer (Pratham motors) delivered a vehicle to who booked later than me, I asked about this to them with vehicle number, but they denied and said they havent received any vehicle for last 1 month bcoz the plant is closed for maintance. I raised a complaint to MUL Delivery manager in Blore, he claimed that they are delivering the vehicle on weekly basis...he banged the dealer well.

after all this story, the dealer called me and said that vehicle is alloted for you.. pay the remaining amount... and asking me to withdraw compliant.. but i refused ti do it immediately...

As of now i paid full amount(i noticed from the file, that couple of times vehicle has alloted and cancelled bcoz there are som many strikes out in the vehicle despatch details)... i think it is going for this week registration.

So dont believe wut the dealer says......newer booking takes 3 months but those are all booked in May should have got the vehicle...

keep track the dealer...
@csanthosh : How did you get hold of the MUL Manager? . I too want to lodge a complaint against Pratham Motors@Queens Road. I booked on May 11th and still no car. They always tell that I am first in the queue to get either beige/silver. After reading you story, I don't believe them anymore. Please rsuh me the details of MUL@Bangalore to lodge the complaint. As I desperately need a car, I will have to for another one if Pratham don't give me one in 2 weeks time.
verghesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 10:21   #323
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@csanthosh: COuld you please give me the MUL Delivery manager's contact details? I booked the ZXi on May 11th and no car yet.
verghesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 10:42   #324
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Hi iTNerd, I agree your comment. Owning a product is different rather than getting that product at the right time to fulfil your needs. Maruti should take this issue seriously and make sure this does not occur in future vehicles.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 10:59   #325
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bnaglore
Posts: 32
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Sorry to hear, do you want to book complaint against dealer with MUL? It seems to work for santhosh and from my exp: during feedback, I mentioned that dealer told me 3 months even though I booked before launch and MUL booked complaint against the sales person. Then they were making all attempts (that sales person's manager talked to me, etc) to go behind the complaint.

Probably, you can try out as last attempt. SX4 is good VFM, just be patient.
Today, my vehicle is going for registration.... Sathya is right.. you raise a complaint against the dealer to MUL.. here is the number to 41120017 Contact MR Arvind(Regional delivery manager, Banglore).. he can tell you how many vehicles are delivered to each dealer on weekly basis.
before complaining check with dealer.. once you complaint o him.. you no need to worry, dealer will call you.

If you are booked on MAY....
csanthosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 11:12   #326
BHPian
 
risga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 214
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
The GC is very much useful during rainy conditions.
A silly question perhaps, what is GC ?
risga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 11:28   #327
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
A silly question perhaps, what is GC ?
gc is the ground clearance.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 11:57   #328
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

First, we had opinions that MUL should think out their strategy well. Not do another fiasco like they did with the baleno. That they have to closely study the market. Come out with the product slowly to avoid embarrassment should it fail, how they did not belong to sell cars any better than a hatchback or a sedan nothing better than a esteem let alone a baleno.

Today, they did that. Cautiously they brought out a car at a stinker of a price with bundled features that would put most cars to shame (in the realistic category). Even some of us who kept taking things for granted saying MUL is/will be spoiling the future of automobiles in India by providing outdated cars compared to elsewhere. In the last couple of years they have come out with more launches (fresh ones, look at swift, estilo, sx4, grand vitara) than any other company in India. And, now seeing the change in their trend people are flocking their showrooms. Its good to see.

But, quite unfortunate that they aren't able to keep up with the demand and are loosing keen genuine customers for having played it safe. By limiting manufacturing numbers or claims by few that its a marketing gimmick. I stand to say that the biggest looser in the market is none other than MUL, for we as customer will always have other alternate choices.

I do hope this new found move by MUL to provide VFM cars does shake up the market. Soon, we could see the NHC with an upgrade if this threat continues. If NHC as Honda claim is not coming out with an upgrade I must say that I'd better have wait for 6 months to get my car from a company which seems to have made a complete turnaround in its strategy (for the better & moresoever shocking coming from Maruti). Than have one of the most leading auto manufac's in the world consider us still worthy of taking us for a ride.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 13:41   #329
BHPian
 
balaji_n29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 135
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Hi guys.. I had booked for an SXI zxi on 6th june and when I enquired a week back about the delivery status, the dealer told me that they can priorties my booking if I pay them all the balance amounts (7 lacs) at once..now when I have paid, they are saying its going take 3 weeks (end of july) ..with the excuses that the Azure grey I asked is hard to come by.. I gave my choices for alternative colors - silver, white, red but to no avail... I am getting desperately frustrated knowing the fact that I have been conned into paying the amount upfront and without having the car delivered on time... Now I am considering cancelling the booking altogether and go for a Honda City.. No doubts, a fantastic car.. ruined by Maruti dealers...
File a compaint aganist the dealer...I just did that and today I got a call from the dealer that the car is on its way ..I didn't get the color I had booked though. I am getting Metallic Silky Silver instead of Metallic Clear Beige.

However I had paid only the booking amount and had just processed the loan. I will be paying the balance amount by next week.

Cheers!
balaji_n29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 13:59   #330
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
First, we had opinions that MUL should think out their strategy well. Not do another fiasco like they did with the baleno. That they have to closely study the market. Come out with the product slowly to avoid embarrassment should it fail, how they did not belong to sell cars any better than a hatchback or a sedan nothing better than a esteem let alone a baleno.

Today, they did that. Cautiously they brought out a car at a stinker of a price with bundled features that would put most cars to shame (in the realistic category). Even some of us who kept taking things for granted saying MUL is/will be spoiling the future of automobiles in India by providing outdated cars compared to elsewhere. In the last couple of years they have come out with more launches (fresh ones, look at swift, estilo, sx4, grand vitara) than any other company in India. And, now seeing the change in their trend people are flocking their showrooms. Its good to see.

But, quite unfortunate that they aren't able to keep up with the demand and are loosing keen genuine customers for having played it safe. By limiting manufacturing numbers or claims by few that its a marketing gimmick. I stand to say that the biggest looser in the market is none other than MUL, for we as customer will always have other alternate choices.

I do hope this new found move by MUL to provide VFM cars does shake up the market. Soon, we could see the NHC with an upgrade if this threat continues. If NHC as Honda claim is not coming out with an upgrade I must say that I'd better have wait for 6 months to get my car from a company which seems to have made a complete turnaround in its strategy (for the better & moresoever shocking coming from Maruti). Than have one of the most leading auto manufac's in the world consider us still worthy of taking us for a ride.
Well said. Still MUL needs to look at supply issues seriously, their recent ad doesn't seem to get implemented to deliver cars faster.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Took the delivery of FORTUNER & Accent!!! caroholic1 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 35 31st August 2009 23:38
TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!) vivek.singh.73 The Indian Car Scene 108 27th July 2009 22:09
i10 took delivery and upgraded with new tyres and alloys jango Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 60 17th April 2009 18:35
Took delivery of my Verna CRDi and enjoying it, 300 km report diffsoft Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 5th March 2008 23:10
sx4 delivery issues sathya_nars Indian Car Dealerships 32 25th September 2007 12:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks