Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th July 2007, 15:38   #376
VBV
BHPian

I'm almost done with my first month and had a few questions for the first service.
- Is there anything specific we have to ask the dealer to service? I believe AC is one, but in case in your experiences you've come across something else.
- The service manual says: 1 month or 1000 kms whichever is earlier. Does that mean we have to go for service before 1 month or after 1 month?

I am getting around 10 kmpl mileage till now in bad traffic:-)

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 19:09   #377
BHPian

Omishra,
When I contacted the dealer he says that he will receive the car in next weeks. He is keeping telling this statement again and again. How do I go about this. Is there anyway to find out the number of cars allocated to each dealer in a particular region ?
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 09:52   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
I took delivery on 28th June. So from 15th May-28th June, it was 43 days of waiting.
Congratulations Om for your SX4 !

Well, I booked SX4 ZXi Metallic Beige on 11th June and still waiting but expecting it very soon.

BTW, have you put the seat covers ? Any idae about availability of Stanley seat covers in Pune ? I've read quite a lot about Stanley it in this forum so would like to check it. I found their web site :: Welcome to Stanley Boutique :: and they have one showroom in Mumbai but no idea about cost.

Thanks
SX4_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 10:01   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Omishra,
When I contacted the dealer he says that he will receive the car in next weeks. He is keeping telling this statement again and again. How do I go about this. Is there anyway to find out the number of cars allocated to each dealer in a particular region ?
Ask him about loading report (vehicle details), mode of transit (truck or trailer - mentioned in loading report), until unless you get to know this, you can not judge when you will get it (based on waiting list). I have friends at two dealers in Pune. I was always able to cross verify when the dealer got what kind of model. Truck transit takes ~1week and trailer takes 8-12 days from loading date, 1 day for insepaction and passing, 1 day for RTO + accessory fitting. That's it! you are done.
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 10:23   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
I'm almost done with my first month and had a few questions for the first service.
- Is there anything specific we have to ask the dealer to service? I believe AC is one, but in case in your experiences you've come across something else.
- The service manual says: 1 month or 1000 kms whichever is earlier. Does that mean we have to go for service before 1 month or after 1 month?

I am getting around 10 kmpl mileage till now in bad traffic:-)

VBV
Reverse gear is stuck many times and you have to change to 1st/3rd and then engage reverse gear - you can tell this to service folks.
Also, down shifting from 2nd to 1st is hard compared to other gear shifts - did you notice it?

Ideally you need to go the day when you complete one month, 1 or 2 days here & there is ok.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 11:29   #381
BANNED

Folks,
Forgot to mention that i removed the rear headrests.
I was as blind as a bat with them in place.Much better to reverse now.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 11:32   #382
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Reverse gear is stuck many times and you have to change to 1st/3rd and then engage reverse gear - you can tell this to service folks.
Also, down shifting from 2nd to 1st is hard compared to other gear shifts - did you notice it?
The problem is more pronounced when I'm shifting to reverse gear. I'm currently letting the clutch open up fully before I change gears. That helps...

But yeah, I'll make a mention of this and make sure its corrected, thanks a ton.

VBV
Old 13th July 2007, 11:37   #383
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4_2007 View Post
Congratulations Om for your SX4 !

Well, I booked SX4 ZXi Metallic Beige on 11th June and still waiting but expecting it very soon.

BTW, have you put the seat covers ? Any idae about availability of Stanley seat covers in Pune ? I've read quite a lot about Stanley it in this forum so would like to check it. I found their web site :: Welcome to Stanley Boutique :: and they have one showroom in Mumbai but no idea about cost.

Here in Bangalore, a few of us have tried GSports for art leather.
You might want to try the posts at:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...an-before.html (Gsport Upholestry-Hotter than before)
for better advice.

I've always found leather too hot (in temperature) for comfort. Its probably because I do park outside in sunlight once in a while.

VBV
Old 13th July 2007, 11:45   #384
BHPian

Quote:
The problem is more pronounced when I'm shifting to reverse gear. I'm currently letting the clutch open up fully before I change gears. That helps...

But yeah, I'll make a mention of this and make sure its corrected, thanks a ton.

VBV
Let me know if they can correct it, my dealer couldn't !
Old 13th July 2007, 12:11   #385

Quote:
Here in Bangalore, a few of us have tried GSports for art leather.
You might want to try the posts at:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...an-before.html (Gsport Upholestry-Hotter than before)
for better advice.

I've always found leather too hot (in temperature) for comfort. Its probably because I do park outside in sunlight once in a while.

VBV
Sathya,

I want to put art leather for my SX4. Can you post some of the interior photos of your sx4 with art leather ?

-Elan
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 12:13   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
Forgot to mention that i removed the rear headrests.
I was as blind as a bat with them in place.Much better to reverse now.
yeah, the rear vision is pathetic with the theatrical seating :-(

Did you do anything for the bulge in mid-rear (MUL calls SX4 a 5 seater) ?

-Elan
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 12:20   #387
Senior - BHPian

Gearbox quite literally straight out of the swift so that smooth gearbox not expected but anyways hope the problem is not real bad.

Now since you guys have finished about a 1000 km,some questions:
1>.First and foremost how is the build quality,quality of plastics etc have rattles crept in or things fallen off.
2>.FE reported is about 11-12 kmpl in the city[100% AC]so guess that is the expected figure.
3>.How is the ride quality,since I think this is the USP of the SX4.
4>.Oh and the five passenger seating problem,looks like it is not such a big issue[Am I right?].
5>.Finally once again I ask how are the OE lights for night driving,has any one of you changed the OE setup.
6>.Oh and initially the ac was a tad disappointing,hopefully this too has been taken care of.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 13th July 2007 at 12:30.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 12:42   #388
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Gearbox quite literally straight out of the swift so that smooth gearbox not expected but anyways hope the problem is not real bad.

1>.First and foremost how is the build quality,quality of plastics etc have rattles crept in or things fallen off.
2>.FE reported is about 11-12 kmpl in the city[100% AC]so guess that is the expected figure.
4>.Oh and the five passenger seating problem,looks like it is not such a big issue[Am I right?].
5>.Finally once again I ask how are the OE lights for night driving,has any one of you changed the OE setup.
6>.Oh and initially the ac was a tad disappointing,hopefully this too has been taken care of.

Hi,
I have done 1400+ with most of in Highway,

1.The Build quality of plastics is good so far.No rattles.
2.FE is around 12.
3.Ride quality is excellent except slow speeds and lower gears.Jerks!
4.No issue on Seating,perfect!
5.Lousy HEADLAMPS,UPGRADED TO 50%+ imported from Power bulbs UK,STILL BAD,the spread is too much i suppose.Major issue in Highway driving.
My esteem with Same bulbs was far better.
6.Mine is VXi AC is OK,Blower not that powerful i feel.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 14:53   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post

Soon I will post 2000Kms review.

1. I am not happy with body build quality, once while taking reverse (that too slowly) I had hit a wall and rear bumper bent with scratches (will see if i can post pix of it). Quality of interior plastics is not bad and not good also. But nothing fallen off and no issues of rattling etc.
2. with 100% AC, city mileage is 10-12kpl, I will update in 2K kms review
3. What is USP? Ride quality is very good, I liked it. Engine noise increases when you go at higher speeds (> 90 kms).
4. After I put seat covers, its not an issue really. If I can take 3 people in rear for a long drive, i can confirm it. I will update folks.
5. What is OE? I haven't changed any setup and haven't faced any issues wrt lighting.
6. Yep after 1st service, AC is too good.
Old 13th July 2007, 16:35   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Ask him about loading report (vehicle details), mode of transit (truck or trailer - mentioned in loading report), until unless you get to know this, you can not judge when you will get it (based on waiting list). I have friends at two dealers in Pune. I was always able to cross verify when the dealer got what kind of model. Truck transit takes ~1week and trailer takes 8-12 days from loading date, 1 day for insepaction and passing, 1 day for RTO + accessory fitting. That's it! you are done.
Thanks. Will enquire.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote