Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th July 2007, 16:39   #391
Senior - BHPian

OE -> I meant was what the manufacturer has given to you.

USP-> I meant its main selling point over its primary competitor.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 16:41   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Soon I will post 2000Kms review.

1. I am not happy with body build quality, once while taking reverse (that too slowly) I had hit a wall and rear bumper bent with scratches (will see if i can post pix of it). Quality of interior plastics is not bad and not good also. But nothing fallen off and no issues of rattling etc.
2. with 100% AC, city mileage is 10-12kpl, I will update in 2K kms review
3. What is USP? Ride quality is very good, I liked it. Engine noise increases when you go at higher speeds (> 90 kms).
4. After I put seat covers, its not an issue really. If I can take 3 people in rear for a long drive, i can confirm it. I will update folks.
5. What is OE? I haven't changed any setup and haven't faced any issues wrt lighting.
6. Yep after 1st service, AC is too good.
Sathya, Did you claim insurance for the bumper. How much they charged for it ?
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 09:27   #393
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Gearbox quite literally straight out of the swift so that smooth gearbox not expected but anyways hope the problem is not real bad.

Now since you guys have finished about a 1000 km,some questions:
1>.First and foremost how is the build quality,quality of plastics etc have rattles crept in or things fallen off.
2>.FE reported is about 11-12 kmpl in the city[100% AC]so guess that is the expected figure.
3>.How is the ride quality,since I think this is the USP of the SX4.
4>.Oh and the five passenger seating problem,looks like it is not such a big issue[Am I right?].
5>.Finally once again I ask how are the OE lights for night driving,has any one of you changed the OE setup.
6>.Oh and initially the ac was a tad disappointing,hopefully this too has been taken care of.
- I got a FE of about 11 this time. And I'm happy. :-)
- Ride quality is good, but drive quality is better. The best seat to experience SX4 is the driver's seat.
- My family height does not cross 5'8", so seating is not been a problem even with 5 people seated.
- OE lights, are not powerful, but once I adjust the headlight leveller its better. You might want to try that. But yes, I feel the lights are not enough. But then again, the citizen in me makes me feel that lesser lights are better for others. So I keep the adjuster at 0.
- Mine is a ZXi and AC has not been a disappointment so far. But then, I live in Bangalore, where climate is like AC.
- Coming back to plastics, I feel the quality could have been improved. The seat angle/height adjuster are made of real bad plastic. Overall, the quality is acceptable not delightful. You pull it with some force and it comes out!!! Sathya, the bumpers apparently are made of rubberized plastics. They easily get scratches and dents, but do not break. They're also easy to reshape. This is what I got from my dealer. Also they had told me, that for smaller dents, I should reshape the bumpers myself, since the plastic is easily re-shapable. Don't worry about scratches, its an inevitability in Bangalore(in most Indian cities) on bigger cars.

The things that bother me are:
- Lack of storage space inside the compartment. The designs are horrible, bottle holders don't hold normal size bottles. There are no closed compartments. This could have been done without an addition to the cost.
- Clutch pedal position. During long bumper to bumper traffic, I feel my hamstring strained.
- Right side blind spot. This is quite dangerous in India, where pedestrians walk next to a speeding car. (And expect the car to stop)

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 09:48   #394
BHPian

Thumbs down what the heck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
verghese and gopinathan, welcome to the waiting club. maruti never reveals the booking number or order. and the dealers usually screw up. so happy waiting. santosh, welcome to the hard gear shift club enjoy your car!
@GeekSrik - well well, does it not sound like a loser talk here! Agreed that you were unable to wait for SX4 to be delivered (MUL's plan of SX4 definitely sucks), but this does not entitle you to mock people who have booked this vehicle or finding issues with it!

Are we all not reminded of famous 'sour grapes' fable by your comments once you decided not to go for SX4

Worth mentioning that I have been closely following your posts ever since you showed your interest in SX4, and my my, what a cry baby you have been all this while - always whining! Grow up! I am sure there would be a few members on this forum who would agree with me on this.

@Mods - please feel free to remove my post if this is considered to be offensive - but also keep in mind that posts of such sissy members should be monitored too.
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 16:15   #395

Default SX4 ZXi (Leather Version)

Has anybody got the LEATHER version of SX4 ZXi? How is the quality of leather supplied by MUL? It's demanding an extra 35k in Kolkata. Is it worth going for it or just putting a leather seat cover will do in terms of looks an comfort?
Please advice.
mainakdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 15:05   #396
VBV
BHPian

I did not like the colour of the leather they have used. It is a single tone upholstery and I did not go for it. IMHO, its better to buy it outside say from Stanley. Also, you might want to retain the seats and just go for a seat cover.

I've installed seat cover with art leather with fabric in the middle.

VBV
Old 16th July 2007, 18:40   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
I did not like the colour of the leather they have used. It is a single tone upholstery and I did not go for it. IMHO, its better to buy it outside say from Stanley. Also, you might want to retain the seats and just go for a seat cover.

I've installed seat cover with art leather with fabric in the middle.

VBV
I agree with VBV, I saw a sx4 with the factory fitted leather is not very good. Its very hard in nature. I have gone for Stanley leather with butterscotch color and my black sx4 looks awesome now. It costed me 23K . This was done through Maruti dealer itself. I had to wait for 3 days as the order was given to Stanley b'lore.

The only problem I realised after going for
butterscotch" color , now it is not matching with door pads color. When asked stanley guy to also modify the doors too, he said its not advisable to do so, as they need to open the door pads which may break the factory build quality of doors.
Anybody please advise on this ?
dilsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 20:20   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Sathya, the bumpers apparently are made of rubberized plastics. They easily get scratches and dents, but do not break. They're also easy to reshape. This is what I got from my dealer. Also they had told me, that for smaller dents, I should reshape the bumpers myself, since the plastic is easily re-shapable. Don't worry about scratches, its an inevitability in Bangalore(in most Indian cities) on bigger cars.
Can vouch this. My car got a dent from a stupid two-wheeler in Month 1. I don't have a picture, but it was about 2 inches deep on the left corner of the bumper - and you can imagine the size of the crater. Was waiting for the first service. The dealer charged just 200 bucks to correct that.

Dents in the SX4 can apparently be brought back by applying heat.
spetnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 21:59   #399
BHPian

What happens when the central locking doesn't work, they need to open the door pad to rectify, right. In that case, won't they do it because of build quality.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 22:18   #400
Team-BHP Support

Smile

Quote:
But then again, the citizen in me makes me feel that lesser lights are better for others. So I keep the adjuster at 0.
OT: 0 is the highest position for beam if you really want to help, slot it at 3

Thought of pointing this confusing labeling, thats all.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 10:46   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
OT: 0 is the highest position for beam if you really want to help, slot it at 3

Thought of pointing this confusing labeling, thats all.
I think 3 and 4 are dummy positions mentioned in SX4 manual. Only 0, 1 and 2 works.
0 - only driver, drvier + front passanger
1 - with rear passangers
2 - with fully loaded car (all passanger + luggage)
3,4 - dummy
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 13:50   #402
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
I think 3 and 4 are dummy positions mentioned in SX4 manual. Only 0, 1 and 2 works.
0 - only driver, drvier + front passanger
1 - with rear passangers
2 - with fully loaded car (all passanger + luggage)
3,4 - dummy
Even in that case, 0 would be higher than 2,3,4. I agree and the level will be 2 from now.

VBV
Old 17th July 2007, 19:34   #403
Senior - BHPian

Today, I landed up in their showroom to cancel and take the refund of OTR amount ..Instead the GM offered a white SX4 Zxi which is available for delivery for another customer..

But I don't really feel that happy or excited as it would have been like 15-20 days back.. After a long struggle - writing emails/phone calls to dealers, MUL and disappointment with the delay (43 days), I still feel I should cancel it and teach them a lesson... I know its stupidity but I was so frustrated with their attitude/false promises ..but anyway.. I am not doing that .

I can't wait for tomorrow (I feel pity for that customer though for which the car was supposed to be alloted for).... BUT NOT WORTH THE WAIT.. I MUST SAY (as I would be waiting for unspecified number of days if I haven't made up my mind to cancel and take the refund today)
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 19:39   #404
Senior - BHPian

I gave preference for Azure Grey/Red but the dealer only have the white color and it is not upto my liking (it will get dirty every now and then, and the very nature of taxi impression though I have no problem with that)..

Also guys.. Are there any information/FAQs that one should go through for the delivery?
Old 17th July 2007, 20:05   #405
Senior - BHPian

Need more help guys..the dealer insisted on taking Teflon & Anti-Rust paint for Rs 6K.. Teflon coating carries a year warranty and Anti-rust for 5 years.. Are these something that I should get? I heard teflon not ideally suited for Indian road condition and climate..is that true?