Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th July 2007, 21:31   #406
Senior - BHPian

Itnerd think the advice section threads would answer your queries.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...r-new-car.html (ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html

From those threads,Team-bhp does not recommend teflon coating and underbody coating is not a necessity if you are living in delhi.I think you may look at the extended warranty instead,because in maruti getting extended warranty before delivery seems to be the cheapest option.The price goes on increasing thereafter[15 days from delivery onwards].
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 22:34   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Itnerd think the advice section threads would answer your queries.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...r-new-car.html (ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html

From those threads,Team-bhp does not recommend teflon coating and underbody coating is not a necessity if you are living in delhi.I think you may look at the extended warranty instead,because in maruti getting extended warranty before delivery seems to be the cheapest option.The price goes on increasing thereafter[15 days from delivery onwards].
Thanks rahul_intllad. that helps.. NO teflon for me then.. underbody coating is something I would like to go for.. any reason why being in Delhi won't require a underbody coating?

Extended warranty for the 3rd year is already included in the OTR price from this dealer.. do all of you also recommend the 4th year (optional)? I think it only costs 4k bucks..
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 11:12   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
never again a maruti.
I feel ashamed that I made such a statement,never ever have I experienced such good customer service from a company,the who's who of the company calling up,sending emails ensuring I am constantly updated of the status of my car and ensuring I get my car as soon as possible even if it means they go out of their way,suddenly I realize how they are on top of the charts in terms of customer satisfaction.I don't feel like a king,I feel like an Emperor.I feel like a Rolls Royce owner with the whole company working just for me.

The people involved would not like their names to be made public but Sir's this is a Very big thank you to all of you.

Even without receiving my present car,I Very happily say that my next car[some years away] will definitely be a maruti[provided there's an offering in the segment I am looking at]

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 18th July 2007 at 11:14.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 11:39   #409
BHPian

This car is surely VFM but I was not all that happy when I test drove it. The A-pillar on the driver's side is very annoying. Even though, it has a transparent part in it, that doesn suffice. Every right turn you take, this A-pillar comes in between. Interiors are far from avg for the class of car.
hellraizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 12:16   #410

The dealer called me last Friday and offered a white ZXi which I turned down. I was about to cancel my order on 18th July, but dealer out of blue called me yesterday and told that beige ZXi is alloted to me and to make payment in the coming days. So if everything goes fine, I will have the car with me by next weekend.

Please suggest me what are the accessories I must go for the Bangalore/Kerala climate.
verghesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 15:42   #411
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verghesd View Post
The dealer called me last Friday and offered a white ZXi which I turned down. I was about to cancel my order on 18th July, but dealer out of blue called me yesterday and told that beige ZXi is alloted to me and to make payment in the coming days. So if everything goes fine, I will have the car with me by next weekend.

Please suggest me what are the accessories I must go for the Bangalore/Kerala climate.
ZXi does not give you much freedom to go for accessories.

Stuff I've got:
- Seat covers
- mats, cleaning equipment(brush, chamois cloth, wax, glass sprays, car shampoo etc.,), air freshner
- car cover

Stuff I will buy later:
- Sun film
- DVD Player for the rear seat
- Possibly reverse camera/LCD viewer

Stuff I considered and said no:
- Change of tyres
- Reverse parking sensor
- corner protectors

I got teflon and rust coating done, but its not suggested within the forum. Rust coating might be highly advised if you're travelling to coastal climate once in a while.

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 12:35   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verghesd View Post

Congrates atlast you r going get I done with teflon coating bcoz small scratches easily happening in blore.anti corrosion coating..then body cover.. i think its enough..
csanthosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 14:43   #413
Senior - BHPian

hey guys.. I got delivery of my SX4 zxi white yesteday from RANA motors .. Thanks to you all... I was happy with the delivery process with all the tips/advises from teamBHP.. The car was only 25 kms done at the time of delivery.. and now 140 kms..

* The right tweeter was loose noticeably.. I had to press it hard to even out with body line.

* AC is good...cools extremely fast.

* Gearbox is notchy and hard.. While going to 2-3, gear slips back to 2 if it is not precisely placed..same with the reverse.it seems too deep

Accessories - got mat + car covers= Rs. 3K
Old 19th July 2007, 14:48   #414
BHPian

Thumbs up

Got my SX4 ZXi Silky Silver yesterday . 55 days wait and I feel its totally worth the wait. A/C is darn good and I don't see any issues with that as of now. But then I am in Bangalore. Extra stuff I got are:
1. Sun Film - Llumar Platinum - 5100 Rs
2. Body Cover - GA Premium - 2000 Rs

Got the plastic floor mats and the dickie mat for free.

Will keep y'all posted about the mileage and other stuff as time goes by.

Cheers,
Balaji
balaji_n29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 16:38   #415
BHPian

Congrats everyone who got their SX4. Happy driving
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 22:57   #416

Default Back seat/Arm rest issue

Please can anybody who received their SX4 recently address the back seat/arm rest issue. Has MUL fixed it yet??
Please also advice how many duplicate car keys are you getting from your dealers?
mainakdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 06:59   #417
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainakdas View Post
Please can anybody who received their SX4 recently address the back seat/arm rest issue. Has MUL fixed it yet??
Please also advice how many duplicate car keys are you getting from your dealers?
Nope, AFAIK MUL has not fixed the back seat/arm rest issue. IMHO, its a non-issue if people in your family are not more than 5'8". For me what's really important in a rear seat is the support for thighs. And that's pretty good.

I'd advise doing a TD with your family so that you check for yourself if that's an issue or a non-issue.

The car keys are two in number, and then if you quote the key number, you can get another duplicate from the company. Somewhere in the forum, it was advised you ask for another key.

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 10:02   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Nope, AFAIK MUL has not fixed the back seat/arm rest issue. IMHO, its a non-issue if people in your family are not more than 5'8". For me what's really important in a rear seat is the support for thighs. And that's pretty good.

I'd advise doing a TD with your family so that you check for yourself if that's an issue or a non-issue.
VBV
I second that. The rear seat is an issue if the person sitting in the middle is taller than the avg Indian. Have driven my family with 3 people in the back and they didn't complain about the seat.

Cheers,
Balaji.
balaji_n29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 14:40   #419
BHPian

The dealer called me and opted for 2 colours available now which are Azure Grey and Midnight Black (I booked Supreme Red). I don't like the Grey color, but wanted to go for Black. As usual family members say not to go for black. Need to ask the dealer how long should I wait. If it takes more than 2 weeks then I will go for black.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 01:19   #420
Senior - BHPian

240 kms done so far in 3 days... enjoying every bit of it.. the car so far has been a head turner. especially from Honda city owners.. could see 2-3 drivers even leaning on the windows to have a better look on my awesome wheels while in red light...

backing up the car is a troublesome.. its pretty hard to see through the rear windshield.. The A pillar is a bit annoying, but I think I am now use ot it.. and yes the middle seat is still the same.. not a problem for me though..

I will be adding 2 accessories on priority basis:
* Reverse parking sensors
* Art leather seat cover

Could anyone recommend a good brand parking sensor (no video) within 5-6 K? For Art leather, any good place in delhi I should look for, and any cost estimate?