Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th July 2007, 22:17   #436

Default SX4 ZXi delivery time

The largest Maruti dealer in Kolkata is estimating nearly 3 months to deliver the ZXi version. Asking me to pay Rs. 10000/- booking money asap and expect the delivery before Diwali (Mid-Nov). I'm confused, please suggest is it worth waiting that long or shall I look for other options (City GXi etc)
mainakdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 09:01   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitbjha View Post
For SX4 ZXI i am filling 35PS in all tyres it is OK.
Earlier I used to fill 34, now I fill 35PS and I am seeing that it gives 12 kmpl - of course PS is not only factor decides FE but it definitely influences. Let me continue with 35 and see if I get constant FE.

Others, what do you fill?
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 09:04   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainakdas View Post
The largest Maruti dealer in Kolkata is estimating nearly 3 months to deliver the ZXi version. Asking me to pay Rs. 10000/- booking money asap and expect the delivery before Diwali (Mid-Nov). I'm confused, please suggest is it worth waiting that long or shall I look for other options (City GXi etc)
Everyone in TBHP agrees fact that Sx4 ZXi is real VFM. It comes with lot of goodies and safety features which NHC lacks.

I wasn't comfortable to buy NHC becaz even after paying 8L I am still not getting any safety features.

Based on your priority for a car, you should decide whether to wait or not. Why not you tell us what your parameters are, to buy a car? We will help you decide.

If FE is your major factor, you should consider NHC. Almost in all parameters, SX4 is very good choice, IMHO.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:37   #439
Senior - BHPian

There is a white SX4 Zxi delivered to Pratham motors today as I came in. Wonder if the lucky guy is on this forum?
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 12:15   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
There is a white SX4 Zxi delivered to Pratham motors today as I came in. Wonder if the lucky guy is on this forum?
Me too saw it. I also saw Black SX4 going in front of me, but past (outer ring road sarjapur road) signal he went so fast. By any chance, is he TBHPian?

As someone said, very rarely I am seeing SX4 on road, waiting for more guys to show up.
Old 25th July 2007, 13:28   #441
VBV
BHPian

I am seeing a lot of VXi. Y'day I'd been to Pune on business and saw a copper red for the first time - it looks much better than what I thought. I also saw a couple more.

Last Saturday on the Nice road, I saw 2 sx4 - grey and white. On my trip to Shivanasamudra I saw a white. Its much better than what used to be.

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 15:28   #442
BHPian

I had a look at SX4 very recently. I feel the car is good for 4 people for the following reasons:

1. The rear hand rest protruding out
2. Lack of leg room at the back. I feel Maruthi has given more boot space & less rear-leg room.

What do you guys feel?
Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 16:03   #443
BHPian

I see more Logan than SX4 in Chennai.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 16:07   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Now the dealer in Chennai started telling about 6 months waiting period for both SX4 and Swift. It is good that your dealer says 3 months. If you need a car really bad then go for other brand, otherwise wait for SX4.
Old 27th July 2007, 10:33   #445
VBV
BHPian

Hi all,

I've taken some new photographs of my red SX4. You can take a look at it at:
Picasa Web Albums - Vinay - New Car
Also, there are couple of pics of the seat cover I got installed at Gsports, Bangalore. Its a fabric/art leather tango.

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 12:40   #446
BHPian

Vinay,
Photos looks good, especially I love the dash in the night. I am enjoying these pictures till I get my SX4. Why you didn't go for Red with Black seats, any specific reason ?

Do you have any plan for chrome/Black painting the alloys as they look very normal.
Old 27th July 2007, 13:48   #447
BHPian

Wow!! Looks very good. MUL come on, deliver SX4 to all guys waiting for, I want to see some cars on road.
Old 27th July 2007, 13:51   #448
BHPian

2 days back, Power windows on driver side wasn't working. When I press button, window glass didn't come down.

It suddenly started working yesterday.

Wondering how these things could be issues in car which is just 2 months old !!

I heard from my friend that Swift had similar issues in some cars, do you guys notice in SX4 or Swift?
Old 27th July 2007, 13:58   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Mainak, no sense and nonsense in my opinion. I would be willing to wait if it were a top-end imported car or a CBU - but no way for an Sx4. Why should you wait - when you have the money and the need for a car? Get something that is available.
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 14:00   #450
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
2 days back, Power windows on driver side wasn't working. When I press button, window glass didn't come down.

It suddenly started working yesterday.
Are you sure you didn't have the window lock on by mistake? I have seen that happen quite a few times.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote