Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th July 2007, 14:23   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Are you sure you didn't have the window lock on by mistake? I have seen that happen quite a few times.
Yes it wasn't locked, I could put down/up other windows at this time.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 14:25   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Mainak, no sense and nonsense in my opinion. I would be willing to wait if it were a top-end imported car or a CBU - but no way for an Sx4. Why should you wait - when you have the money and the need for a car? Get something that is available.
This is right argument, but what if someone is ok to wait to get great VFM car?
Old 27th July 2007, 18:13   #453
Senior - BHPian

I finally got some time to post images for my new SX4 Zxi (white). Guys check out at New Page 1 .
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2007, 04:22   #454

Question Booked ZXi (leather version)

Hello guys... today I have booked zxi(leather) black... paid Rs.10000/- as booking fee. Promised to get it delivered before diwali, but the dealer is offering no discount, no accessories at all.
Did you guys get any free accessories from your dealers? If yes, please let me know how you managed to get them.
mainakdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2007, 13:43   #455

Default iPOD connection

Has the ZXi version got a USB port to connect an iPOD to the music system? I could not locate it while TD. Any idea anybody?
mainakdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2007, 16:08   #456
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainakdas View Post
Has the ZXi version got a USB port to connect an iPOD to the music system? I could not locate it while TD. Any idea anybody?
it has an aux in so i guess you could connect your ipod.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2007, 21:19   #457
BHPian

Quote:
There is no USB connvectivity. Just the normal AUX cable. You get it for 20 Rs. in most electrical shops/speaker shops. I connect my iPOD mini using that and beleive me it works like a charm. I feel the audio quality is much better in my iPOD than in the CD player.
balaji_n29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 22:37   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys... today I have booked zxi(leather) black... paid Rs.10000/- as booking fee. Promised to get it delivered before diwali, but the dealer is offering no discount, no accessories at all.
Did you guys get any free accessories from your dealers? If yes, please let me know how you managed to get them.
I only got floor & boot mats for free.
Old 30th July 2007, 11:35   #459
Senior - BHPian

One thing that caught my eye was the horn,its a single horn that was a bit of a surprise for me considering even the esteem comes with a double horn.

Has anybody changed the horn as well as its positioning from the engine bay to somewhere else.If so could someone talk about the optimum place.Don't like the engine bay positioning feel that is causing the horn to be heard more inside the car than outside.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 12:05   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Noticed that today!

I was on my pulsar and there was this guy with the SX4 following me, obviously in a hurry. Sounded like WagonR type single horn, and looking in the mirror, was surprised to see the SX4 just behind me. (Looks real big in the RVMs)

Needs better horns to suit its male charecter!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 12:27   #461
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Vinay,
Photos looks good, especially I love the dash in the night. I am enjoying these pictures till I get my SX4. Why you didn't go for Red with Black seats, any specific reason ?

Do you have any plan for chrome/Black painting the alloys as they look very normal.
Red with Black was what I was advised. But I did not like the red fabric on display. Also the interiors look too gaudy for me. There was one Audi on display in a mall in Bangalore, which had all black interiors on display. I wanted to do a Anu Malik kind of inspiration on that

Alloy painting? Have'nt thought of it, yet. Its not high on my agenda.

Right now, its change of headlight and the reverse parking camera.

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 16:26   #462
BHPian

Good, first go for the reversing sensor/camera to avoid scratches/dents in the rear. For headlight go for Philips Crystal or Blue vision (white light). 130/100w will be more powerful.
Update us once you upgrade your headlights. What is the stock wattage for SX4 headlights ?
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 17:45   #463
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Good, first go for the reversing sensor/camera to avoid scratches/dents in the rear. For headlight go for Philips Crystal or Blue vision (white light). 130/100w will be more powerful.
Update us once you upgrade your headlights. What is the stock wattage for SX4 headlights ?
Oh well, I have enough scratches that could have been avoided by a parking sensor Last weekend I had a major scratch while reversing and it really pains.

A friend of mine initially convinced me that parking sensors, will stop you from getting the "feel" of backing up. He said that its best done manually. I agreed with him then, but now, I am not so sure. If technology is present, its better to use it. A word of advise from me for the new car buyers, do whatever possible to prevent the scratches, its better to be safe than sorry.

Dunno about the wattage, does anybody else on the forum know it?
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 17:48   #464
Senior - BHPian

Today, I got the first scratch on my SX4 on the back bumper.. a two-wheeler hit it while breaking on a red-light.. no dents, but there is a visible black patches for about 3-4 inches in length.. being white, it looks awefully bad to look at.. :(..my heart pounded so bad seeing at that..
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 19:00   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dunno about the wattage, does anybody else on the forum know it?
The maximum legally permitted wattage as in all other cars 55/60W.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote