Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th July 2007, 19:21   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Oh well, I have enough scratches that could have been avoided by a parking sensor Last weekend I had a major scratch while reversing and it really pains.

A friend of mine initially convinced me that parking sensors, will stop you from getting the "feel" of backing up. He said that its best done manually. I agreed with him then, but now, I am not so sure. If technology is present, its better to use it. A word of advise from me for the new car buyers, do whatever possible to prevent the scratches, its better to be safe than sorry.

Dunno about the wattage, does anybody else on the forum know it?
Yes, everybody have misconception on this. If you install a parking sensor it doesn't mean everytime you will be using it. When taking reverse if there are no objects near by you will just see the rearview mirror and backup. Parking sensor can be used only in narrow space or alternating objects on both the sides of the car.

Can anyone tell me how parking sensor works in corners. For example having installed 4 sensors in the rear and when I take reverse in a corner and there is a pillar/wall, how does the sensors send information. Does it calculates the minimum distance of the 4 sensors and show or will it show the distance of each sensors.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 19:34   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Today, I got the first scratch on my SX4 on the back bumper.. a two-wheeler hit it while breaking on a red-light.. no dents, but there is a visible black patches for about 3-4 inches in length.. being white, it looks awefully bad to look at.. :(..my heart pounded so bad seeing at that..
I think we need to be a bit careful while braking since ABS is there we would stop immediately but the vehicles behind may not (Need to have stickers saying KEEP DISTANCE )
Old 30th July 2007, 19:40   #468
BHPian

Today I went to dealer to get power windows repaired, he said switch gone bad (donno how, since it is just 2 1/2 months old car) and he will order for it.

That time, he said that he needs to replace clutch and I will be giving my car tomorrow or so.

He said that MUL will replace clutch of all SX4's sold out, find out from your dealer and get it replaced.

Not sure what the prob was with clutch.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 20:07   #469
BHPian

Satya, What is the warranty period for the car and what are all the items covered in. Can we go for an extended warranty after 1 year ?
Old 30th July 2007, 20:56   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Satya, What is the warranty period for the car and what are all the items covered in. Can we go for an extended warranty after 1 year ?
2 years and refer terms for what is covered. I bought extended warrenty for 2 years.
Old 30th July 2007, 22:07   #471
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, everybody have misconception on this. If you install a parking sensor it doesn't mean everytime you will be using it. When taking reverse if there are no objects near by you will just see the rearview mirror and backup. Parking sensor can be used only in narrow space or alternating objects on both the sides of the car.

Can anyone tell me how parking sensor works in corners. For example having installed 4 sensors in the rear and when I take reverse in a corner and there is a pillar/wall, how does the sensors send information. Does it calculates the minimum distance of the 4 sensors and show or will it show the distance of each sensors.
it shows the closest distance out of the 4 sensors.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 10:55   #472
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Today I went to dealer to get power windows repaired, he said switch gone bad (donno how, since it is just 2 1/2 months old car) and he will order for it.

That time, he said that he needs to replace clutch and I will be giving my car tomorrow or so.

He said that MUL will replace clutch of all SX4's sold out, find out from your dealer and get it replaced.

Not sure what the prob was with clutch.
Now thats strange !! First the power windows switch goes bad, and now they're talking about replacing the clutch? Satya, please find out from some other dealers as well if something to this effect has been passed on from Maruti. Somehow, Pratham isnt the best MUL dealer around in Bangalore.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 12:13   #473
BHPian

Yesterday the car loan executive called me to talk about the loan. At that time he told me that there is a peformance issue in SX4 and they are going to come up with redesign. I told him, I don't think so.

Have anyone came across these kind of comments. Since this is not a new product as it is successful (SUV) vehicle in other countries and also shared the swift platform, I hope there shouldn't be any major problems. What do you think guys :(
Old 31st July 2007, 12:40   #474
BHPian

Hey Satya,
Please update all of us. I just got my SX4 first service done. And I also has issue - the reverse gear not locking in place sometime. Also same is not solved by dealer though I mentioned eariler that I want it fixed. If that is same case as AC in eariler lots then I have to talk with this guy.

PL update.
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 13:51   #475
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday the car loan executive called me to talk about the loan. At that time he told me that there is a performance issue in SX4 and they are going to come up with redesign. I told him, I don't think so.

Have anyone came across these kind of comments. Since this is not a new product as it is successful (SUV) vehicle in other countries and also shared the swift platform, I hope there shouldn't be any major problems. What do you think guys :(
Well, there might be a re-design to get more power at lower rpms. Most of mags and users have felt that the power delivery is not immediate but gradual. Even this, the chances of it happening is very rare. But other than this, there is no need for a redesign. Performance IMHO is its strength.

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 14:05   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday the car loan executive called me to talk about the loan. At that time he told me that there is a peformance issue in SX4 and they are going to come up with redesign. I told him, I don't think so.
When I asked my dealer about what is necessity to change clutch, he said that the clutch is redesigned in factory and hence they are doing it even for vehicles that were delivered.

I didn't believe it. I think, there is some issue with clutch and they want to replace in all vehicles.

I have a request for all SX4 owners: Can you guys talk to your dealer to check if clutch needs replacement?

I agree with benb, Pratham might be messing up here - just want to know from you folks if your dealer also says the same.
Old 31st July 2007, 14:07   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Hey Satya,
Please update all of us. I just got my SX4 first service done. And I also has issue - the reverse gear not locking in place sometime. Also same is not solved by dealer though I mentioned eariler that I want it fixed. If that is same case as AC in eariler lots then I have to talk with this guy.

PL update.
Are you still having issues with your AC? Reverse gear is MUL's generic problem, I am hearing from other threads that WagonR, Swift and now SX4 all have same prob.
Old 31st July 2007, 17:09   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Well, there might be a re-design to get more power at lower rpms. Most of mags and users have felt that the power delivery is not immediate but gradual. Even this, the chances of it happening is very rare. But other than this, there is no need for a redesign. Performance IMHO is its strength.

VBV
VBV, in this case will they do it for all the delivered cars or only for the new cars ?
Old 31st July 2007, 17:12   #479
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
VBV, in this case will they do it for all the delivered cars or only for the new cars ?
gopinathann:

Well, I really have no idea, I was speculating based on my opinion of SX4's performance. I would assume if its a major tune up, they will release another version of the car and if its a minor one, it will be done to the older cars during service as well. But then again, this is a guess of a newbie to cars.
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 17:29   #480
BHPian

Folks - this is a great forum & thread !

I have a Silky Silver ZXi that was delivered around 11 days ago.

Sathya - I had got the clutch replaced within 3 days of delivery by pratham. I believe they are doing it out of precaution & prempting any issues - based on feedback on the batch performance. I guess they would have seen a field problem and taken a call to replace it. Though I did not see any problem - it seemed a bit hard earlier & now it feels okay.

There are two other things that I am not very happy about: (a) the very audible engine grunt during idling & other times and (b) you can feel the running vibration in the gear shift lever if you hold it while running in 3rd gear. Pratham Service folks say its normal, though I am not convinced. While the engine is smooth, I would have expected complete silence inside for a car of this calibre.

Do others see this as well ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
When I asked my dealer about what is necessity to change clutch, he said that the clutch is redesigned in factory and hence they are doing it even for vehicles that were delivered.

I didn't believe it. I think, there is some issue with clutch and they want to replace in all vehicles.

I have a request for all SX4 owners: Can you guys talk to your dealer to check if clutch needs replacement?

I agree with benb, Pratham might be messing up here - just want to know from you folks if your dealer also says the same.
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote