Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st August 2007, 23:55   #496
Senior - BHPian

Today while taking a blind left-turn, I braked as well as pressed the clutch too hard while trying to avoid hitting a Esteem driven by a lady, and at that moment, I hear a audible Grarrrrrrrrr sound and after that, the car get going even without pressing the accelerator as if someone is pushing from behind (NOT experience before on my 14 days old SX4). The push is quite prominent in lower gears (1 & 2) and even in higher gears, a mild foot on the accelerator just kicked up to unusually high RPMs... Have anyone of you experienced this? Is this the clutch problem, some were talking about sometime ago?

BTW, my first service is due on 18th August and my dealer (RANA motors) had given me their service phone numbers. I wanna know if it is mandatory to get serviced with my respective dealer or can I choose any of the authorised Maruti service stations in Delhi? If yes, then any good and reliable names in South Delhi?
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 09:27   #497
BHPian

Hmmm, seems like folks are facing lot of issues with clutch/brake.

After my clutch was replaced, I am feeling it better, it is smoother than before. Earlier, whenever I upshift gear and release clutch, there used to be sudden slight jerk (my friend told me that I released clutch too fast). But after clutch repleacement, I never felt it.

Oil also got replaced, so let me check few more days and update you.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 10:41   #498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
.... the car get going even without pressing the accelerator as if someone is pushing from behind (NOT experience before on my 14 days old SX4). The push is quite prominent in lower gears (1 & 2) and even in higher gears...
Its the ECU which is taking over, preventing the car from stalling.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:01   #499
BHPian

Even I have experienced this behaviour, even if you slow down to 20 kmph in traffic, the 3rd gear works fine and there is no jerks etc, ofcourse the pickup is lil slower in 3rd as compared to 2nd but thats expected. Regarding the Clutch issue, I don't feel any problem as of now, but if Maruti is replacing it, I'd advise to get it done only at a good service center known for its reliability and service quality.

I have a query, when the AC knob is on lets say 25, fan is auto , the blower air flow is considerable less as compared to when the AC Temp knob is on 18. Does it mean that as the AC Temp knob moves to higher temp, the air flow is reduced ? This maybe ok for the front seats but with less air flow, the back seat passengers won't get the same comfort (AC wise).

Any one cares to share their experiences or am I not setting up the thing right?

Thanks in advance
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:44   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post

I have a query, when the AC knob is on lets say 25, fan is auto , the blower air flow is considerable less as compared to when the AC Temp knob is on 18. Does it mean that as the AC Temp knob moves to higher temp, the air flow is reduced ? This maybe ok for the front seats but with less air flow, the back seat passengers won't get the same comfort (AC wise).
I too observed it, but I guess it is justified. When temp is low (say 18), it needs to cool it more, so fans run faster whereas in 25 deg, they would run slower. You would have noticed that at lower temp, you will feel air flow from outlets are noticeable Vs higher temp.
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:59   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
After my clutch was replaced, I am feeling it better, it is smoother than before. Earlier, whenever I upshift gear and release clutch, there used to be sudden slight jerk (my friend told me that I released clutch too fast). But after clutch repleacement, I never felt it.
Sathya, can you let us know what exactly was replaced? Whole Clutch assembly or just some component?
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:18   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Sathya, can you let us know what exactly was replaced? Whole Clutch assembly or just some component?
As I mentioned before, clutch consists of 3 parts, he replaced only one of them.
Old 2nd August 2007, 13:06   #503
BANNED

HI EVERYONE ,
I am new to this site i read everyone's reveiw and i am little confused to go for sx4 directly or wait for some time before this issues r corrected,inact i was planning to do booking my monday as i was waiting for new deal's of the month i am planning to go for vxi as i didn't felt zxi worth sending 75k more,delivery of the car is in 10 day and besides in vxi dealer is already giving music system in mumbai
so please advice me if i should go for the car right away or wait for some time
pabheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:07   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Is that so? But I got to experience this behaviour only yesterday after the Grrarrr sound that came out when I pressed the Clutch harder along with brake to avoid hitting another car... may be its my feeling then
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:13   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
HI EVERYONE ,
I am new to this site i read everyone's reveiw and i am little confused to go for sx4 directly or wait for some time before this issues r corrected,inact i was planning to do booking my monday as i was waiting for new deal's of the month i am planning to go for vxi as i didn't felt zxi worth sending 75k more,delivery of the car is in 10 day and besides in vxi dealer is already giving music system in mumbai
so please advice me if i should go for the car right away or wait for some time
Well, the problems are minor and expected for a newly introduced car.. And most owners had so far reported that most issues are resolved after 1st service... and regarding VXI, If I were you, I won't go at the first place..rather I will put my money on Fiesta/Verna.. ZXI is what you should buy if you want an SX4
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:15   #506
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sathya, which reverse parking sensor do you have? How much does it goes? and how many senors pods are installed on the bumper, 2 or 4? I desperately need to install one
Old 2nd August 2007, 15:05   #507
BHPian

I agree - it should be ECU. I also noticed during cold start it gives high revs & settles once engine warms up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 15:15   #508
BANNED

thank u very much ITNERD i will take into advice and would go for zxi
pabheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 15:31   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Hi Sathya, which reverse parking sensor do you have? How much does it goes? and how many senors pods are installed on the bumper, 2 or 4? I desperately need to install one
I haven't installed parking sensors yet, I want to first practise my car before I get accustomed with such equipments. I am practising by calculating where the coordinates would be, its interesting !
Old 2nd August 2007, 16:54   #510
Senior - BHPian

sathya, isnt it time to change the title of this thread and move it to long term reports section??
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote