Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd August 2007, 17:03   #511

Default Red car not available for another month

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
Here in Pune, I booked Supreme Red too. Have been waiting for one and half months already. But yesterday my dealer called to tell me my car will be dispatched on the 30th from their factory.
Its sad, but today I had to call the Maruti Regional office to check the status of my car and they told me that its still not on the production line and don't know when it will go there. So it could mean anywhere from 20 to infinite days for the car to come. I have already waited 2 months. Am not willing to wait more. So will move to another car. will start a thread for that.

Its sad, but i have to move on.
mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 18:35   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Its sad, but today I had to call the Maruti Regional office to check the status of my car and they told me that its still not on the production line and don't know when it will go there. So it could mean anywhere from 20 to infinite days for the car to come. I have already waited 2 months. Am not willing to wait more. So will move to another car. will start a thread for that.

Same with me :(, I booked Beige ZXi on 11th June and still waiting for it. Last Sunday dealer told me that Beige has longest waiting but White/Silver can managed faster. Actually, one Silver was there two weeks ago but I want to go only for Beige. I'm little disturbed when dealer told me that it might take Aug end but ....what can I do ? When I tried to push him by telling that I can go for NHC or cancle my booking but he said I'm sorry but we are here to sell the cars and our money is also blocked. He also offered me modifed VXi with alloy wheels and integrated stereo but I was not interested.

Don't know what to do ...confused .
SX4_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 19:28   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Hi Sathya, which reverse parking sensor do you have? How much does it goes? and how many senors pods are installed on the bumper, 2 or 4? I desperately need to install one
I have installed the MGA reverse parking 2 sensor on the Bumper.. it is very much useful while parking in the underground parkins.
csanthosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 21:21   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4_2007 View Post

Same with me :(, I booked Beige ZXi on 11th June and still waiting for it. Last Sunday dealer told me that Beige has longest waiting but White/Silver can managed faster. Actually, one Silver was there two weeks ago but I want to go only for Beige. I'm little disturbed when dealer told me that it might take Aug end but ....what can I do ? When I tried to push him by telling that I can go for NHC or cancle my booking but he said I'm sorry but we are here to sell the cars and our money is also blocked. He also offered me modifed VXi with alloy wheels and integrated stereo but I was not interested.

Don't know what to do ...confused .
Me too in the same boat. I am the next one to get Red color from the dealer, but he told that no car has been delivered from the factory and it may take 15 days to get the car despatched.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 21:29   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
sathya, isnt it time to change the title of this thread and move it to long term reports section??
Exactly, I am preparing long term report and should be posting in few days - hectic work !!
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 21:33   #516
BHPian

You can get it serviced with any authorized service center. Would recommend that you go to a dealer service center - not MASS.

I have installed the MGA reverse parking sensor that has 4 pods in the back. It gives the distance from the object in meters and audible sound that increases as you near it. Found it useful, it confirms your own assessment - which is important as well, since you should not depend only on it.

Quote:

BTW, my first service is due on 18th August and my dealer (RANA motors) had given me their service phone numbers. I wanna know if it is mandatory to get serviced with my respective dealer or can I choose any of the authorised Maruti service stations in Delhi? If yes, then any good and reliable names in South Delhi?
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 21:37   #517
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
Even my car had to be replaced with the new clutch.
How's that again? A very rare event indeed
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 22:17   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
I have installed the MGA reverse parking sensor that has 4 pods in the back. It gives the distance from the object in meters and audible sound that increases as you near it.
Hey nssrini, how much did you get the MGA parking sensor for? I ask my dealer and they say, it costs around 5K? (not sure if it has 2 or 4 pods) Which brand is it?
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 22:24   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Mandrake, I can understand your situation and fury. I had been in the same boat. . Even I wanted a Red/Black color, but after threatening to cancel the booking (after 42 days), I got a White Zxi, the very color which I left out.. and had to be content with it as I desperately needed a car at that time (3 weeks back) and now enjoying every bit of it and quite frankly, I am quite liking the white color. But if you don't see getting it anytime sooner after that long wait, I guess you should do what your heart says. utlimately its just a car. and you will find many other alternatives. all the best
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:16   #520
BANNED

Hi Everyone,
Yesterday I Had A Test Drive Of City, Aveo And Sx4 Some How I Was Very Much Impress My City's Interior And Back Seat Compare To Sx4 Where 3 People Seating Becomes Diffcult,can U Guys Please Advice Me Wat Is Better In Sx4 Compare To City, As I Come In This Thread My Mind Tell's To Go For Sx4 But Some How Not Totaly Convinced
pabheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:30   #521
BHPian

ITNerd - It was "Red Soul" (seems to be a manufacturer in bangalore) - model i think it is RSB4 - around 4K. It has 4 pods. Got it fitted with the dealer along with delivery

Quote:
Hey nssrini, how much did you get the MGA parking sensor for? I ask my dealer and they say, it costs around 5K? (not sure if it has 2 or 4 pods) Which brand is it?
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:47   #522
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
Hi Everyone,
Yesterday I Had A Test Drive Of City, Aveo And Sx4 Some How I Was Very Much Impress My City's Interior And Back Seat Compare To Sx4 Where 3 People Seating Becomes Diffcult,can U Guys Please Advice Me Wat Is Better In Sx4 Compare To City, As I Come In This Thread My Mind Tell's To Go For Sx4 But Some How Not Totaly Convinced
City is definitely a better car when it comes to interiors and refinement.
IMHO, if you're just looking at being driven around in the city from home to office and back, city will look better than SX4.

SX4 has a more powerful engine, its much better to drive(better steering and handling/better braking), has more ground clearance. It is also much safer. Safety features are something you can't feel during the test drive (unless you crash :-)), but they are important.

It also has more value per money, considering all the features thrown in. For eg., it has an integrated stereo, stereo remote on steering wheel, etc.,

Add to this the availability of Maruti's service in all corners of India. Now if you're going to stay in the city most of the times, this does not apply to you.

Its finally upto your usage and your liking.
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:49   #523
BHPian

Quote:

Hi mandrake, Could you give me contact of Maruti Regional office? How do they check the status, is it with customer name or any booking number ? Thanks
SX4_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:12   #524

Default Fuel and Trunk Spoiler

Which fuel r u guys using in your SX4? Premium or Normal? My dealer suggests premium, what do u guys say...
Also, did anybody put a rear Trunk Spoiler in your vehicle? Does it add a sporty look at all?
mainakdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 13:42   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainakdas View Post
Which fuel r u guys using in your SX4? Premium or Normal? My dealer suggests premium, what do u guys say...
Also, did anybody put a rear Trunk Spoiler in your vehicle? Does it add a sporty look at all?
I used premium oct 94, ... abt the spoiler, I seen one in the red demo car and it really stands out.. it edges 6-7 inches from the trunk towards southward.. I am thinking of adding one... price the dealer quoted me was around 6K