Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd August 2007, 14:00   #526
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainakdas View Post
Which fuel r u guys using in your SX4? Premium or Normal? My dealer suggests premium, what do u guys say...
Also, did anybody put a rear Trunk Spoiler in your vehicle? Does it add a sporty look at all?
Mainakdas, you can use even normal fuel in your car, provided its from a bunk which is trustworthy.

As for adding a spoiler to the SX4, i dont think you would want the car to appear a lot more unbalanced than it already is, lookswise.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:32   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which fuel r u guys using in your SX4? Premium or Normal? My dealer suggests premium, what do u guys say...
Dude go through your manual, and see wht is prescribed there and also speak to your "Service Manager" he should be able to guide you in the right way.
many manufacturers(Merc, Honda) advice against using the premium fuels.
so better get it from the right source!
lohithrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:58   #528
VBV
BHPian

I was advised to use normal petrol.

Also, my sales person told me that the clutch replacement was for a particular set of vehicles - chassis numbers and not for all vehicles. I still have to confirm this with the service guy. He also told me the current waiting period at Mandovi motors, Bangalore for ZXi is 3 months.

Last edited by VBV : 3rd August 2007 at 16:12.
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 18:02   #529

Smile

Hello to All..!!

This has been a great portal and this particular thread infact.. giving great live feedbacks on SX4.

Everybody has contributed so much thanks to Sathya_Nars, iTNerd, VBV, gopinathann, mclarer1885, bebbsb29, and ofcourse moderator and many others..!! I have gathered so much info. out of this thread.

Well, I have booked an SX4 (ZXi, Azure Grey) last week and getting it delivered tomorrow.

It might be a surprise considering just 1 week of waiting time, but this is what I did..

1. I was in touch with the dealer from the beginning of July..
2. I used to call him repeatedly enquiring about any new car dispatch from MUL very politely every time....i never shouted at him..result.. i got a good response from him and he told that if an A. Grey car comes to you..its for you sir.. he didnt even ask me for advance and not asked me to book it. And he is doing it as promised....and I booked it only last week once he is sure about the car dispatch. Well, the dealer is Sagar Automobiles in Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore.

Because of this forum...
1. I went back and cancelled the Teflon coating..
2. Now, I have a checklist in hand to check the functionalities, accessories etc..
3. I know there might be a problem with Clutch and AC
4. Use Normal Petrol
5. Have 35psi on tyres

I am getting Leather Seats from Stanley... as leather seats will require another 3 month waiting period.

I am going to take the delivery tomorrow...and I am exactly like Sathya_nars.. This will be my first car..!!

Hope to Enjoy with Her..!!

Thanks again for all your inputs..!!
Robocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 18:05   #530
BANNED

i enquired with my dealer before buying they said only particular lot had a faulty clutch but that company has taken care of and all the further delivery will be perfect
pabheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 19:37   #531
BHPian

Default Yes, replacement of clutch is due for my SX4 zxi too

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Also, my sales person told me that the clutch replacement was for a particular set of vehicles - chassis numbers and not for all vehicles. I still have to confirm this with the service guy. He also told me the current waiting period at Mandovi motors, Bangalore for ZXi is 3 months.
Today I called Service guy. He confirmed that my cars Chassis number in the list for clutch replacement. Reason told to me that MUL has some vendor for clutch who supplied wrong type of component. That has to be replaced for some cars only.
Still I don't understand what is wrong because I am getting good in City average (~13 kmpl) with 100% AC on and only 1000km on meter.

But I guess -
1. It may be related to reverse gear not locking,
2. In third gear if I put hand on the gear shilf handle then I feel vibrations in it. All other gears are w/o vibrations. But still gear shifts are smooth.

Lets get it changed first.

Quote:
I am too using only normal petrol from good petrol bunk. (sure for quality and quantity)
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 20:58   #532
Senior - BHPian

hey guys, a lady from my dealer called me up, and thanked for the purchase of SX4 and offered me 2 tickets for a movie in Chankya (movie - CASH) on Sunday (11.am)... wow, never knew Maruti used to be so pro-active with its customers... has anyone heard of this sort?
iTNerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 21:21   #533
BHPian

One cardinal thing is to fill in from a decent petrol bunk and do it consistently, without changing often. Basically, premium fuels have improved/higher octane rating & additives that help: (a) achieve better & complete combustion and (b) better lubrication across the piston & cylinder blocks. Car Mfrs recommend octane rating of 87 or higher. Premium fuels have typically 89, 91, and 93 octane ratings in india. It should not cause any problems. But ofcourse - if petrol (whether normal or premium) is adultered, as often it tends to in bangalore, then that's where it hurts.

Quote:
Also, did anybody put a rear Trunk Spoiler in your vehicle? Does it add a sporty look at all?
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 21:28   #534
BHPian

Folks - one thing that amazes me on the SX4 - is the awesome flexibility & power during the mid range: 1000-2500rpm and between 20-100kmph. Is just superb - gives the torque to run low speed in city traffic, without needing to do gearshift & at the same time, the horses just race ahead when you power up in all the gears !! You can pip most guys to the post, including NHC.

By the way, in the BHP - another forum on NHC, I read about a user mentioning that he pulled the NHC to 100kmph in 2nd gear !! IMHO is that feasible ? won't the engine scream and dance ?
Old 3rd August 2007, 21:52   #535
BHPian

iTNerd - that's lucky guy ! I did'nt get any such bouquets ! Last week I saw couple of SX4 owners coming for 1st service at a dealer - who had a nice SX4 Printed Bag (shopping bag type) - i did'nt get any though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
hey guys, a lady from my dealer called me up, and thanked for the purchase of SX4 and offered me 2 tickets for a movie in Chankya (movie - CASH) on Sunday (11.am)... wow, never knew Maruti used to be so pro-active with its customers... has anyone heard of this sort?
Old 3rd August 2007, 22:08   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
Hello to All..!!

This has been a great portal and this particular thread infact.. giving great live feedbacks on SX4.

Everybody has contributed so much thanks to Sathya_Nars, iTNerd, VBV, gopinathann, mclarer1885, bebbsb29, and ofcourse moderator and many others..!! I have gathered so much info. out of this thread.

Well, I have booked an SX4 (ZXi, Azure Grey) last week and getting it delivered tomorrow.

It might be a surprise considering just 1 week of waiting time, but this is what I did..

2. I used to call him repeatedly enquiring about any new car dispatch from MUL very politely every time....i never shouted at him..result.. i got a good response from him and he told that if an A. Grey car comes to you..its for you sir.. he didnt even ask me for advance and not asked me to book it. And he is doing it as promised....and I booked it only last week once he is sure about the car dispatch. Well, the dealer is Sagar Automobiles in Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore.

Because of this forum...
2. Now, I have a checklist in hand to check the functionalities, accessories etc..
4. Use Normal Petrol
5. Have 35psi on tyres

I am getting Leather Seats from Stanley... as leather seats will require another 3 month waiting period.

I am going to take the delivery tomorrow...and I am exactly like Sathya_nars.. This will be my first car..!!

Congrats Robocop for the quicker delivery of SX4. Even I was very polite to the dealaer and haven't shouted at them, but still I have almost waited more than 1.5 months.
Enjoy the beast, happy driving.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 02:01   #537
BHPian

Quote:
SX4 already has sufficient power, I just put normal unleaded petrol at Shell outlets.

Rear is already raised and view is bad, didn't want to get spoiler for it!!
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 02:02   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I used premium oct 94, ... abt the spoiler, I seen one in the red demo car and it really stands out.. it edges 6-7 inches from the trunk towards southward.. I am thinking of adding one... price the dealer quoted me was around 6K
Once you have them, please post pics of it.
Old 4th August 2007, 02:06   #539
BHPian

Quote:

Quite interesting, service manager at my dealer shop told me that they are replacing in all SX4's delivered already.

Can all others who own/booked SX4 confirm with their dealer? We should find out the truth behind it, if possible.
Old 4th August 2007, 02:12   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
Hello to All..!!

Because of this forum...
4. Use Normal Petrol
5. Have 35psi on tyres

Welcome to TBHP and SX4 club!!

Have a safe drive. Do not hesitate to ask any question to the forum, plenty of people will advise on right thing to do.

Tell your dealer to fix issues in AC and clutch before taking delivery itself. Read delivery checklist article in TBHP, I did it and it was very much helpful!!

Do check my long term report, link pasted in post below.