Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th August 2007, 02:16   #541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Today I called Service guy. He confirmed that my cars Chassis number in the list for clutch replacement. Reason told to me that MUL has some vendor for clutch who supplied wrong type of component. That has to be replaced for some cars only.
Still I don't understand what is wrong because I am getting good in City average (~13 kmpl) with 100% AC on and only 1000km on meter.

But I guess -
1. It may be related to reverse gear not locking,
2. In third gear if I put hand on the gear shilf handle then I feel vibrations in it. All other gears are w/o vibrations. But still gear shifts are smooth.

Lets get it changed first.

I am too using only normal petrol from good petrol bunk. (sure for quality and quantity)
Wow! you are getting 13 kmpl in city, the max FE for SX4 what we heard till now - post us tips on how to get max out of fuel.

Clutch replacement didn't solve reverse gear not engaging issue !!!
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 02:23   #542
BHPian

Default SX4 long term owner's report

Do check this out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ms-report.html

Guess, we should now split the discussions between these 2 threads going forward.

1. All issues on delivery/dealer on SX4 can continue in this thread.
2. Long term reports, all other questions on SX4 (fuel, clutch, gear, etc) can be taken in the long term report thread

This way, it helps others read right thread for right issues - do you all agree?
Old 5th August 2007, 21:33   #543
Senior - BHPian

Finally added some needed accessories
* Leather PU seat Beige (5K)
* Parking assistance system (5K)
* Rear Spoiler (5K)

The parking sensor is a real aid while reversing... its got a digital odometer in a special made rear mirror.. and yeah.. the spoiler has added another dimension to the looks of the car..
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 01:53   #544

ITnerd, please can you post some pic of your sx4 with trunk spoiler, if possible. Also is your parking assistance system different from Parking Sensor? Has yours got a LCD monitor?
mainakdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 09:57   #545
BHPian

ITnerd, explain more about the parking assitance and I appreciate if you can post some pics on that.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 10:34   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Wow! you are getting 13 kmpl in city, the max FE for SX4 what we heard till now - post us tips on how to get max out of fuel.
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]I am not GURU here AND this is my first car, before that I got my license on santro and had some practice on 4 yrs old Diesel Indica.
but -
1. I always keep foot away from Clutch except gear shift
2. crawling is done in first gear w/o accelerator. On uphill crawls, I use half-90% clutch and keep acceleration so that engine never crosses 1500 rpm.
3. 2nd gear is intermediate short term step. In my case min 20kmph speed is easily attainable. So cross it and move to 3rd gear.
4. In 20-30kmph, I use 3rd gear but restrain myself from more acceleration/deacceleration by keeping safe distance from front vahicle.
5. Also instead of using breaks in above speed (20-30kmph) I allow engine to provide breaking and keep safe distance from front vehicle (i.e. <= length of bike)
6. Breaking is gradual SLOW and never sudden (95%).

Most important: My stretch of Pune traffic is better than Bangalore - Airport Rd, Madiwala, etc (I know, I recently shifted from Bangalore and lived there for last 4 yrs). It depends how much you burn while not moving. SO IT IS "TRAFFIC CONDITION"[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Arial][/FONT]

Quote:
Clutch replacement didn't solve reverse gear not engaging issue !!!
Yes but I noticed 2-3 times with constant 2k rpm at speed of 40-50km, Car suddenly accelerates without my foot on accelerator and I have to break. This is like a slip somewhere in the clutch/transmission. May be this is a reason
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 10:47   #547

Quote:
Quite interesting, service manager at my dealer shop told me that they are replacing in all SX4's delivered already.

Can all others who own/booked SX4 confirm with their dealer? We should find out the truth behind it, if possible.
I bought a beige Zxi and got the first service done two weeks back. Got a call yesterday from Bimal that the clutch needs to be replaced. I asked them whether it is for specific chassis numbers, to which the service person replied that it is for all the ones that are sold.

-Elan
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 12:50   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
ITNerd - It was "Red Soul" (seems to be a manufacturer in bangalore) - model i think it is RSB4 - around 4K. It has 4 pods. Got it fitted with the dealer along with delivery
I got fitted the MGA reverse parking sensor(2 pods) for 3k with 3 yrs gurantee... it is very much use ful...
csanthosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 13:48   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Yes but I noticed 2-3 times with constant 2k rpm at speed of 40-50km, Car suddenly accelerates without my foot on accelerator and I have to break. This is like a slip somewhere in the clutch/transmission. May be this is a reason
Why not check with your dealer?
Old 6th August 2007, 14:20   #550
BHPian

I enquired about upgrading bulb for head lights and quotation looks like 300 for each bulb + 400 for relay (needed since watt is higher) + 400 for fitment charges = 1400-1600 approx.

Have any of you upgraded and update us on cost?
Old 6th August 2007, 14:42   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I enquired about upgrading bulb for head lights and quotation looks like 300 for each bulb + 400 for relay (needed since watt is higher) + 400 for fitment charges = 1400-1600 approx.

Price seems to be fine, but make sure even the holder is changed. which comes along with the wiring. Cause the stock holder wont be able to take the heat produced by the higher watt bulbs.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 14:56   #552
Senior - BHPian

@itnerd - awaiting your pics man, would love to see a sx4 with spoiler & reverse assist
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 16:40   #553
BHPian

Quote:

If you are going for White light go for 100/90w as white light does not produce sharp beam and it is not as bright as the yellow light. If you put less watts you will regret in Highways and higher speeds.
Old 6th August 2007, 17:01   #554
VBV
BHPian

Any advantages of white light over yellow?
If any of you in Bangalore have upgraded, any particular shops?

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 18:31   #555
BHPian

white light is only for fancy to imitate Xenon HID lights.