Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th August 2007, 23:22   #556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainakdas View Post
ITnerd, please can you post some pic of your sx4 with trunk spoiler, if possible. Also is your parking assistance system different from Parking Sensor? Has yours got a LCD monitor?
hey guys... I will post the pics probably tomorrow.. About the rear spoiler, its not from MGA.. rather its custom made .. I found it on the red demo car of the dealer and I got really hooked to its look... with it, visibility from the rear windshield is the same ( as without being it).. About the parking assistance system, its from ALL WAY.. the LCD is built into a specially made rear mirror (middle interior mirror) itself..it is clamped/fixed on the stock mirror itself.. the LCD displays a speedo lookalike (semi-circular dial) pointer as well as digital numbers/ and four dots..with varying sounds.. Good thing I don't have to look to another LCD while backing up..you can straightway use the rear mirror for dual use..

Last edited by iTNerd : 6th August 2007 at 23:23. Reason: spelling mistake
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 09:54   #557
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for your pics on spoiler and parking sensors.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 15:02   #558

Folks,

I took delivery of Beige Colored SX4, VXI model last week.
Those of you who have booked VXI model might like to note that Maruti now fixes the Integrated stereo (minus the steering control) even in the VXI version at no extra cost. This change happened for all units produced after July 25, 2007. This VXI version also comes with body colored rearview mirrors, also not part of the PreJuly 25 pieces.
Apppears as if Maruti has informed all dealers about this change but has not any public announcements/ change in spec sheet on their webpage yet.

So if you are taking delivvery of an SX4, VXI please ensure that it has the stereo in it or it could be a pre-July 25 production unit.

My cars:
Maruti-800, 1995
Santro Xing, 2003
SX4, 2007
Rambo_Bhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 15:55   #559
BANNED

yes dealer's informed me too about music system but with only 2 speaker's but has not informed me about body colour rear veiw mirror, and waiting for zxi has just increased in bombay to 3 months with 2 dealers
pabheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 16:10   #560
BHPian

Quick question. In SX4 the front wheels have disc brakes and rear has drum brakes. Does ABS mean that all the wheels do not lock during braking or is it only the front wheels.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 16:15   #561
BHPian

Quick question. In SX4 the front wheels have disc brakes and rear has drum brakes. Does ABS mean that all the wheels do not lock during braking or is it only the front wheels.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 16:57   #562
VBV
BHPian

I am not a well versed car-techie. But from what I've read on the net, ABS does not have much to do with the type of brake (disc v/s drum), all it does is pulsates to stop locking. Please let me know if I am wrong.
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 18:01   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
ABS simulates pumping action of brakes on all wheels - say, hundreds of times per second.

Whereas EBD ensures correct brake force/pressure applied on all wheels taking the different load conditions on wheels into account.
Old 7th August 2007, 19:16   #564
Senior - BHPian

Default SX4 ZXi snaps with Spoiler, Leather PU seats, Parking Sensors

Hello guys and geeks.. I finally got sometime to take some snaps of the accessories...

------------------------------------
Rear Spoiler:
------------------------------------

-----------------------------
Parking Sensor
-----------------------------

------------------------
Leather PU seat covers
------------------------

Old 7th August 2007, 19:31   #565
BHPian

Wow!! It looks great. BTW do sensors show it kind of graphics?
Old 7th August 2007, 19:40   #566
VBV
BHPian

Great Pics. Cool sensor!!!

Btw I would assume having the four sensors at the rear would still leave out two vulnerable areas and that's the area around the tyres. The body widens just a little around the tyres and you might want to move the sensors around that. It will also help in taking reverse turns, rather than straight reverse.
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 19:47   #567
Team-BHP Support

cool sensors. but IMO the spoiler is a bit small for the car. the normal mga spoiler seen in the ads looks better.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 19:47   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Wow!! It looks great. BTW do sensors show it kind of graphics?
kind of graphics? Couldn't understand.. the arrow points to the semi-circular dial (Green - Orange - Red)... Red being 0.45m ..the orange part is the safe range.. At the same time, just below the semi-circular dial, is the digital number display ( the one with - - - ).. In orange range, it beeps per 3 secs, whereas in red range, the beeps range from 2-1 and finally when the car crosses the thresdhold distance (.45m) , it beeps continously... same with the four dots.. each dot have a distance and blink accordinly
Old 7th August 2007, 19:50   #569
BHPian

Yup, this is what I wanted to know, you answered it. It looks like graphics to me, when I saw sensors in other threads they just show distance or so.

Cool ones..
Old 7th August 2007, 19:54   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Great Pics. Cool sensor!!!

Btw I would assume having the four sensors at the rear would still leave out two vulnerable areas and that's the area around the tyres. The body widens just a little around the tyres and you might want to move the sensors around that. It will also help in taking reverse turns, rather than straight reverse.
yes.. I share your view.. but incidently I was in the showroom when the installation was taking place in their workshop (in another building nearby)..so much for Maruti's prompt service :(