Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th August 2007, 19:57   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
cool sensors. but IMO the spoiler is a bit small for the car. the normal mga spoiler seen in the ads looks better.
I feel its suits the car. Mega spoiler would have made the rear look too high!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 20:00   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
cool sensors. but IMO the spoiler is a bit small for the car. the normal mga spoiler seen in the ads looks better.
Yes.. that one I think, integrates with the trunk itself with an elongated tail.. but I heard from the dealer that it comes bundled with the SX4 body kits .. they didn't have it when I asked them.. they told me its price hefty... around 25-30K?? any ideas!
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 21:26   #573
Team-BHP Support

buy the body kit too? it looks good.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 22:08   #574
BHPian

Default No Images

Hey, I can't see the pictures. Have the images been removed ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Hello guys and geeks.. I finally got sometime to take some snaps of the accessories...

------------------------------------
Rear Spoiler:
------------------------------------

-----------------------------
Parking Sensor
-----------------------------

------------------------
Leather PU seat covers
------------------------

gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 23:38   #575
Senior - BHPian

the images are still there.. I can see it..
Old 8th August 2007, 10:45   #576
BHPian

Wow itnerd, the parking sensor is too cool..I am also planning to get it installed when i go for my first service next week. I guess the reverse parking sensor is a must for SX4. Already touched the bumper once while backing up.

I also envy the fact that you are able to maintain black tyres. The roads that I drive through are not eligible to be called roads.
balaji_n29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 11:00   #577
BHPian

iTNerd - Awesome pictures - car looks pretty cool..

Quote:
the images are still there.. I can see it..
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 13:43   #578
Senior - BHPian

A weird problem happen to my car today.. I left my car in a parking area and when I got back, the remote (lock/unlocked) feature stopped working..probably dead battery..but its just 20 days old car.. I tried the key to open it and the car alarm starts and it won't stop at all.. strange .. I started the engine with the key and still the alarm does not die down..it does only after 3-4 mins.. but happens again when any of the door is opened... I think the design of the remote keylesss entry does not take into account such scenarios... It was embarassing infront all people assembled there.. I am quite new to keyless entry (first time user).. Any geeks, please throw some lights...

Last edited by iTNerd : 8th August 2007 at 13:44.
Old 8th August 2007, 13:49   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
Wow itnerd, the parking sensor is too cool..I am also planning to get it installed when i go for my first service next week. I guess the reverse parking sensor is a must for SX4. Already touched the bumper once while backing up.

I also envy the fact that you are able to maintain black tyres. The roads that I drive through are not eligible to be called roads.
same here buddy.. the tyres turn grey with the dust and mud.. its just that I took the snaps after a thorough wash ...
Old 8th August 2007, 14:06   #580
Senior - BHPian

Have been so busy off lately could not even drive the car properly till now.

Quote:
I enquired about upgrading bulb for head lights and quotation looks like 300 for each bulb + 400 for relay (needed since watt is higher) + 400 for fitment charges = 1400-1600 approx.

Have any of you upgraded and update us on cost?
Maybe bangalore is costlier but everything cost me 900 bucks at the dealer here in Pune.

@itnerd feel something is wrong with the wiring,as far as the alarm ringing when you open with the key[not remote] it is a security feature actually in newer security systems the door does not open with the key[without using remote unlocking] at all,will have to check in the case of SX4.Nothing against after-mart accessory guys but even the best sometimes do mess around with the OE wiring[in extreme cases warranty is void due to this],hence preferred to go with the MGA reverse sensors as well as got the headlight thing done from the maruti dealer itself.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 8th August 2007 at 14:16.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 14:10   #581
BHPian

Just to add my case, while fitting seat covers, those guys screwed seat belt connection and then seat belt warning signal was glowing (not right after I put seat covers, after few days) even after I put seat belt - went to dealer to correct it.

The local shops claim that they know the car better, but they screw up something or other like this.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 14:52   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
IT Nerd, still my system shows the X mark instead of pictures. can you provide the links for the images as text.
Old 8th August 2007, 14:53   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Should be some problem with my system

Last edited by gopinathann : 8th August 2007 at 14:55.
Old 8th August 2007, 15:06   #584
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A weird problem happen to my car today.. I left my car in a parking area and when I got back, the remote (lock/unlocked) feature stopped working..probably dead battery..but its just 20 days old car.. I tried the key to open it and the car alarm starts and it won't stop at all.. strange ..

.. I am quite new to keyless entry
iTNerd, as regarding the remote locking feature, once you lock the car using the remote locking (armed state), you should unlock the car (disarm) also ONLY using the remote locking. Else, this sounds the alarm indicating a breach in security.

As to why the remote battery failed, beats me, and you would do good to consult the guys who installed the kit.

Its quite embarassing, i know.

EDIT : Replying to the post below
Its always better you keep using both the keys alternatively. Never use one for a long period without using the other. Thats what i was told.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th August 2007 at 15:22.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 15:19   #585
Senior - BHPian

ok.. the battery on the remote locking died..I tried with the other spare key (remote locking) and works now.. what a relief! But seems to be a defect in the battery.. how could it last less than 20 days? Will take up with the dealer.. Also, the parking sensors/spoiler/seat covers are all installed by the dealer's workshop..so don't think they might messed any wiring on the car itself..in fact pretty neat work done..