Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd May 2007, 11:34   #46
BHPian

Thanks guys. After I have chosen Grey, I happened to see Swift Grey in road and I didn't like it.

Then I told them to put Gold at 1st priority color....But after I saw Grey SX4 in stock, I liked it very much and went with it.

Everyone in office also told that this color looks good (already took 3 rounds of ride for colleagues, and many are in queue )...

I will take some snaps of interiors and so, and post.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:39   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Well, that would have been a good idea of water was a non-essential resource, and we had it in plenty all around.

To avoid wasting water, use a bucket of water (half a bucket would do), use a cloth dipped in it and loosen the dirt first time round. Once this has been done all over, get a new bucket of water, and use the cloth dipped and squeezed in this to clean dry the car. Works pretty well unless there are hard tar stains and so on, wherein a different plan on action needs to be invoked.

The whole process i have mentioned above takes me about 45 minutes on my car, and leaves me with a slight workout, including ab exercises and a clean car. For the tyres, i use a tyre conditioner to get the dark polished look.

I initially employed the apartment's watchman to do the job, but one month later, my love for my car made me take it up myself.
I tried exactly the same today and it worked perfectly fine..It took ~45 mins for me too....An extra thing I did: after 2 such rounds of cleaning, took dry cloth and rubbed only the glasses, which gave good look now..
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:55   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
8.12 Lakhs - Zxi w/o leather
Huh !!!!! I checked the on road price in Agra & ZXI w/o Leather, it was 7.28 Lacs . This included everything - Road Tax + Insurance + Freebies like Body Cover, Carpet Mats + Other Bits.. IS THERE SO MUCH OF DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 2 STATES ???? Crazy isn't it ???
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:13   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Huh !!!!! I checked the on road price in Agra & ZXI w/o Leather, it was 7.28 Lacs . This included everything - Road Tax + Insurance + Freebies like Body Cover, Carpet Mats + Other Bits.. IS THERE SO MUCH OF DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 2 STATES ???? Crazy isn't it ???
Yup bangalore is tax galore.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

bangalore has all kinds of taxes, surcharge on taxes, tax on surcharges, beggary tax, midday meal tax, infrastructure cess, education cess, garbage cess - all showing signs of a booming economy
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:00   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
bangalore has all kinds of taxes, surcharge on taxes, tax on surcharges, beggary tax, midday meal tax, infrastructure cess, education cess, garbage cess - all showing signs of a booming economy
Booming only to crash sooner or later. I am beginning to crack up with all these taxes on almost everything.

Quote:
I tried exactly the same today and it worked perfectly fine..It took ~45 mins for me too....An extra thing I did: after 2 such rounds of cleaning, took dry cloth and rubbed only the glasses, which gave good look now..
Satya, good that you started out accordingly. Lets just hope you dont tire out one fine day. Good luck, pal.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:09   #52
BHPian

Default iCATS

Hi, Congratulations on your purchase. I read on some other post on this site, that the default factory setting on the iCAT system disables some of the security features. So you might want to check with the manual and adjust your setting (if you haven't done so already) to ensure adequate protection.

Second question is for the group. Knowing that crooks always crack the most secure of systems, is this immobiliser function 100% safe? (Crooks can clone credit cards, SIm cards, hack DVD security codes, and what not)
risga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:13   #53
BHPian

In Bangalore no one seems to offer any freebies like floor mats, cover seat etc. Geek, did Bimal offer any such freebies for you?
balaji_n29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
after 2 such rounds of cleaning, took dry cloth and rubbed only the glasses, which gave good look now..
Use newpaper and see the magic.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 16:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

Oh ... I was aware of the fact that Bangalore has a lot of taxes but a difference of almost 1 Lac on a car is stupid !!! I guess we here in Northern Part Of India are lucky then ...
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

balaji,

no freebies as of now. thats how it stands. i m trying hard to bargain atleast for mats! damn guys. after all i guess there is no such thing as a free lunch anywhere in the world today, even if there is, it will have some catch or the other!

@sathya, i cant help drooling over the grey colour of late man! cool looks its got, not so sedate. not so blazing exactly either, somewhere decently midway, a bit sporty, a lot executive. nice pics.

Last edited by GeekSrik : 23rd May 2007 at 21:59.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:00   #57
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
balaji,

no freebies as of now. thats how it stands. i m trying hard to bargain atleast for mats! damn guys. after all i guess there is no such thing as a free lunch anywhere in the world today, even if there is, it will have some catch or the other!
GS, the car comes with floor mats. However as MUL had to rush the launch of the car the dealers haven't yet received the mats. Thats why the confusion. Once they are out, I guess you can contact your salesperson and have him give it to you.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 23:23   #58
Senior - BHPian

I have been told that MUL has given strict instructions to all dealers as to not give freebies/discounts with the SX4,so much so that MUL is conducting audits for checking the same.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 01:48   #59
Senior - BHPian

The ORVMs really look oddly placed. they could have been placed on the door itself instead of where it is right now. maybe it is not that bad in real.
cheers
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 01:51   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
The ORVMs really look oddly placed. they could have been placed on the door itself instead of where it is right now. maybe it is not that bad in real.
Actually its not..and provides a good view of whats behind.

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote