Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th August 2007, 16:15   #586
BHPian

iTNerd - In case the remote is not working & you want to do emergency disarm - open the door with the key, the first level of alarm will start, but quickly turn the ignition key to on state & press the alarm button that is in the right of the steering in the dashboard (near the fog lamp button). This should disarm the system. In case it does not respond to that, then they must have programmed a 4 digit code to disarm (instead of a single press) - so check with the dealer & later get a code programmed... I hope it helps..

The remote key batteries should come for an year atleast ! surprising that it konked off..

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
ok.. the battery on the remote locking died..I tried with the other spare key (remote locking) and works now.. what a relief! But seems to be a defect in the battery.. how could it last less than 20 days? Will take up with the dealer.. Also, the parking sensors/spoiler/seat covers are all installed by the dealer's workshop..so don't think they might messed any wiring on the car itself..in fact pretty neat work done..
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 17:04   #587
BHPian

Alarm code that was set by factory is kept as secret code and they won't tell you
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 17:09   #588
Senior - BHPian

@itnerd sorry mate,I misunderstood the problem.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 22:57   #589

Great pics ITnerd... appreciate your efforts. White looks cool but think will catch the dirt soon.
Please tell the one thing - Has the Rear Arm Rest got a Cup Holder? If not, can that be added as an accessory?
Can anybody also update me on their current waiting period for delivery. It's been 2 weeks since I 've booked mine (I guess it's too early to start nagging )
mainakdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 19:48   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainakdas View Post
Please tell the one thing - Has the Rear Arm Rest got a Cup Holder? If not, can that be added as an accessory?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/527859-post56.html
Old 11th August 2007, 20:03   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshokSawhney View Post
Thanks Sathya,
I am buying the car through the Army CSD and intend taking delivery at Sandhu Motors, Ludhiana, Punjab as it is cheaper there. You mentioned about trying out a few cars. Does one need to do that and then select one of the lot ? I thought that with the long waiting period for the ZXi you would just be allotted one by the dealer. How much time should I cater for the entire delivery process, going into details to understand all features of the car/accessories. Important for me since I will be going from Delhi to Ludhiana by train arriving around 1 PM to take the delivery and then drive back. I would like to do a thorough job and not be in a hurry. I could spend the night in Ludhiana/near by and then drive the next morning.

Of course I would like to take the fabric seat covers and the car body cover from the dealer. Should I also get the Sun film put prior to taking delivery ? I am not sure about the rear parking sensor. Have never used one. Is it required for this car based on your experience?

I hope all dealers give the mats and steering wheel cover free, since they are required in the car !

Sorry, will keep on banking on your experience as I go along.
Ashok Sawhney
1. Please go through this article, I followed this on the day of delivery, very useful. Spend enough time on that day with dealer to understand various controls of the car (after which, we anyway are here to help you out ) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

2. For delivery, be ready to spend around 2-4 hours in dealer's shop.
3. To be comfortable on first day to take car out, its good to test driver SX4 few times before (I did it, becaz it was my first car). Clutch was so tight and my car stopped many times that day. Once you take your car out of shop, try moving it from neutral multiple times before you join traffic - had you owned a car before, this may not be an issue.
4. Please go through this thread on tips to get faster delivery.
5. Dealer's seat covers may not be good/cheaper, we all get it done outside. Same with sun film.
6. I personally haven't got sensors yet, check out what is done by others in this thread.
7. Check with your dealer for freebies and ask for it.

This thread is dedicated to share the experience with SX4, so continue posting your experience here.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions to us.

BTW, I strongly recommend go through all posts in this thread, which will help you a lot (for example, what tyre pressure to set, etc).

All the best and keep us posted!!

Last edited by sathya_nars : 11th August 2007 at 20:05.
Old 12th August 2007, 01:01   #592
Senior - BHPian

Come 16th August, and my sx4 is up for the first service.. I have decided not to go with dealer's service station, rather with Maruti Service Master (MSM) in Okhla.. guys (especially SX4 owners who had already done first service) please put forward any advises/suggestions that I should be looking into.. About the clutch issue, my dealer (at least the sales consultants) has no idea about any circular from Maruti.. I have some questions:

* Will the service station (MSM) perform the required replacement (if clutch is defective) or do I have to remind them explicitly?
* Any estimation on the bill (oil change/filters etc..)?
* What should I expect/check after taking delivery of the car after service?

Appreciate your views..cheers.

Last edited by iTNerd : 12th August 2007 at 01:03.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 14:21   #593

Default Cd

Has the Music System in ZXi got a 6 CD changer?
mainakdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 15:11   #594
Senior - BHPian

Are the steering mounted audio controls back lit?
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 21:58   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Come 16th August, and my sx4 is up for the first service.. I have decided not to go with dealer's service station, rather with Maruti Service Master (MSM) in Okhla.. guys (especially SX4 owners who had already done first service) please put forward any advises/suggestions that I should be looking into.. About the clutch issue, my dealer (at least the sales consultants) has no idea about any circular from Maruti.. I have some questions:

* Will the service station (MSM) perform the required replacement (if clutch is defective) or do I have to remind them explicitly?
* Any estimation on the bill (oil change/filters etc..)?
* What should I expect/check after taking delivery of the car after service?

Appreciate your views..cheers.
Is MSM an authorized dealer? Guess only dealers can/will replace clutch - check this out. I heard that ALL SX4's delivered will need to be replaced with clutch.

Oil change, etc costed me around 900 bucks.

Did you have issues with AC, then check out.
Old 12th August 2007, 22:00   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainakdas View Post
Has the Music System in ZXi got a 6 CD changer?
Nops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Are the steering mounted audio controls back lit?
Nops - I just thought of it y'day, this would make it easier. But nowadays, I am familiar with it and my fingers go to right control automatically.
Old 13th August 2007, 09:46   #597
BHPian

If we install a sub-woofer, can we controls its volume level from the SX4 HU
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 14:40   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
I enquired about upgrading bulb for head lights and quotation looks like 300 for each bulb + 400 for relay (needed since watt is higher) + 400 for fitment charges = 1400-1600 approx.

Have any of you upgraded and update us on cost?
Hey Guys, I have done teh first service and replaced the clutch too.. now it is better and i dont have any gear shifting problem... I thought of changing the head light bcoz it disturbs me when im driving in highway(almost every wek end im goin in highway).. but the service advisor told me that if i change teh head light bulb now, i will loose the warannty for the whole electrical stuffs so idecided not to chage it now.. its ok upto 60km speed...

Last week end i went to kerala almost i covered 1000km.. it was very nice to drive such long distance i got good FE (15.6 kmpl) that too in heavy rain.... very bad roads(infact there is no road at all)....

so double check with dealers regarding the headlight bulb change?.
csanthosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007, 22:12   #599
BHPian

I think you did a good thing - apart from warrantly, it is also not permissible per RTO norms. If you are mostly driving in city roads & occassional highways, the standard bulbs are okay, right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanthosh View Post
Hey Guys, I have done teh first service and replaced the clutch too.. now it is better and i dont have any gear shifting problem... I thought of changing the head light bcoz it disturbs me when im driving in highway(almost every wek end im goin in highway).. but the service advisor told me that if i change teh head light bulb now, i will loose the warannty for the whole electrical stuffs so idecided not to chage it now.. its ok upto 60km speed...

so double check with dealers regarding the headlight bulb change?.
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 07:35   #600
BHPian

Nops, even in city drives at night, nowadays I feel that standard bulbs are not sufficient.

Do anyone know what allowed Wattage is per RTO norms?

Last edited by sathya_nars : 16th August 2007 at 07:37.