Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd August 2007, 15:44   #631
BHPian

You should have got 2 spare bulbs and first aid kit with the car.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2007, 18:41   #632
BHPian

Planning to install Philips X-Treme White bulbs which produces 80% more brightness with 60/55 W ( no need to change relay ). Any idea where can I get the original one in Chennai ?
Old 23rd August 2007, 19:20   #633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Planning to install Philips X-Treme White bulbs which produces 80% more brightness with 60/55 W ( no need to change relay ). Any idea where can I get the original one in Chennai ?
they arent officially in india. check the auto lighting thread. i think razor4077 bought them and he had mentioned a site from where to buy them.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 23rd August 2007 at 19:21.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2007, 20:07   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
they arent officially in india. check the auto lighting thread. i think razor4077 bought them and he had mentioned a site from where to buy them.
Then I will go for Philips Vision Plus
Old 23rd August 2007, 21:20   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Just to confirm, did any of the SX4 buyers got toolkit with the car? I got only the Jack & handle, the dealer told that is all Maruti is supplying, yesterday I noticed there is a large rectangular place on left side in Boot, which is empty.
Wonder if this is meant for the toolkit which I never got?

Would appreciate if others can share if they got any toolkit or any info on the contents in the large rectangular place on left side in boot.

thanks
Yes, as others have said you don't get any other tools. The hazard triangle case will fill in the empty rectangular space you had mentioned .
balaji_n29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 10:44   #636
BHPian

Yesterday when I was coming back from office at 8:30pm, I felt that headlight was not sufficient at all (I tried all levels of adjustment). It was raining and many cars were on opposite side - don't know if headlight won't be effective in this case. Also, max speed I could drive was 50 due to traffic.

I decided to upgrade the lights, we need the lights mainly in such situations (rainy nights).

Any thoughts on which will be good without violating RTO norms?

I will check auto lighting thread also.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 10:46   #637
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Yesterday when I was coming back from office at 8:30pm, I felt that headlight was not sufficient at all (I tried all levels of adjustment). It was raining and many cars were on opposite side - don't know if headlight won't be effective in this case.
With the rains we had in Bangalore last evening, i dont think any headlights as such would have provided you with great visibility. All you need to do here is to drive slow, show courtesy to other fellow beings, and have a prayer on your lips.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 10:53   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
With the rains we had in Bangalore last evening, i dont think any headlights as such would have provided you with great visibility. All you need to do here is to drive slow, show courtesy to other fellow beings, and have a prayer on your lips.
Hmmmm. I didn't expect great visibility, but I didn't feel even that headlights were on (I ensured if the headlight switch is really turned on many times, I couldn't believe that the switches were on).

In day time itself, people suddenly join your straight line from sides, without horn or waiting for signal to clear - just imagine this in rainy nights !!

I am hoping if I upgrade lights, it will help.
Old 24th August 2007, 10:53   #639
BANNED

[quote=sathya_nars;542463]Yesterday when I was coming back from office at 8:30pm, I felt that headlight was not sufficient at all (I tried all levels of adjustment). It was raining and many cars were on opposite side - don't know if headlight won't be effective in this case. Also, max speed I could drive was 50 due to traffic.

I decided to upgrade the lights, we need the lights mainly in such situations (rainy nights).

Hi,
If you see my post here earlier i have mentioned that i found the Lights in SX-4 are very poor.
In my first service i hv upgraded to 100/90 Philips and the relay was fixed at Maruti service centre-Popular lest they cry foul on Warranty later.
Pls get it done immdtly.Well anything above 60/55 is not Street legal.
It's your call.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 11:01   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday when I was coming back from office at 8:30pm, I felt that headlight was not sufficient at all (I tried all levels of adjustment).
Well the stock bulbs doesnt really help and thats why we have a thread for the automobile lighting queries. Read on here

Quote:
Also, max speed I could drive was 50 due to traffic.
With rains, bad lights and chok-a-block traffic 50 isn't recommended my mate. With the kind of roads we have in town, rain water acts a perfect camouflage for the killer pot holes. Please drive safe.

Dont worry about the RTO norms coz they are another set of nitwits who needs no attention.
Upgrade to 100/90 bulbs and you wont regret.

I am running on 130/100 bulbs and absolutely satisfied with the light throw. Cant expect much out of the lights when in the city during the rains.
Though they make for good highway driving.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 11:22   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well the stock bulbs doesnt really help and thats why we have a thread for the automobile lighting queries. Read on here

With rains, bad lights and chok-a-block traffic 50 isn't recommended my mate. With the kind of roads we have in town, rain water acts a perfect camouflage for the killer pot holes. Please drive safe.

Dont worry about the RTO norms coz they are another set of nitwits who needs no attention.
Upgrade to 100/90 bulbs and you wont regret.

I am running on 130/100 bulbs and absolutely satisfied with the light throw. Cant expect much out of the lights when in the city during the rains.
Though they make for good highway driving.
SX4 owners were already discussing in this thread whether to upgrade to high W bulbs. Now I will upgrade. Main reason I bought SX4 is for safety features and don't want to stick with stock bulbs anymore.

Yesterday I drove at 50 only when road ahead didn't have any other vehicle, otherwise mostly I drove < 30. Anyway bad headlight didn't give me confidence to drive at high speeds.

Even if I upgrade, I still will drive at lower speeds, since visibility on sides etc will still be bad.

Thanks guys for all inputs!!
Old 24th August 2007, 11:49   #642
Senior - BHPian

I went for hella 130/90W from the dealer from day one itself and it more or less serves the purpose especially the high beam with even truckers dipping for me.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 24th August 2007 at 11:50.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 13:39   #643
BHPian

I have posted it earlier but somehow the post got lost

The spare bulbs which I got with my SX4 are of Make "Jagan", never heard of this Make before, this may be the reason for the poor headlights, I wonder why Maruti has chosen to go with an unknown brand for headlights ? Anyways, I also find the head lights inadequate and want to go for a better brand for better visibility, can the experts suggest which Make/Ratings are best and if any changes will be needed to the existing setup for the new bulbs ?

Thanks
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 14:21   #644
BHPian

In city & with rains - the visibility is less - more so because of the oncoming traffic & the glare that induces...it may not greatly improve the visibility if you upgrade. In a highway, upgraded headlights gives you real confidence!

I was also on the bangalore high traffic zones with poor lights yesterday & agree that visibility was poor. Alternating to high beam for a wee bit, in case of need & then going back to normal beam does relieve at bit...

Quote:
Hmmmm. I didn't expect great visibility, but I didn't feel even that headlights were on (I ensured if the headlight switch is really turned on many times, I couldn't believe that the switches were on).

In day time itself, people suddenly join your straight line from sides, without horn or waiting for signal to clear - just imagine this in rainy nights !!

I am hoping if I upgrade lights, it will help.
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 15:08   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday when I was coming back from office at 8:30pm, I felt that headlight was not sufficient at all (I tried all levels of adjustment). It was raining and many cars were on opposite side - don't know if headlight won't be effective in this case. Also, max speed I could drive was 50 due to traffic.

I will check auto lighting thread also.
Because of this reason I was searching for 60/55w bulb with equal output of 100/90 w. Philips x-treme version matches this by giving 80% more light. I will try either this or Vision Plus, otherwise go for 100/90 with relays.