Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th August 2007, 22:45   #661
Senior - BHPian

Default SX4 difference in ex-showroom costs across dealers

3 different dealers have given me 3 different ex-showroom prices. The differences range from small (couple of hundreds) to big (in thousands!)

The car is going to be company registered in Vashi, Navi Mumbai. Ex-Showroom prices for SX4 ZXi are:

S.K.Wheels Vashi Navi Mumbai Rs. 698,087
Ratan Motors, Chembur, Mumbai Rs. 691,175
Vitesse Maruti, Worli, Mumbai Rs. 691,493.

Difference between S.K. and Ratan is a whopping Rs.6,912!

S.K. says their ex-showroom price is higher because they are subjected to education cess as they are based in Navi Mumbai while Ratan and Vitesse are not as they are based in Mumbai. However, the car is going to be registered in Navi Mumbai so assuming that the arguement by S.K. is correct, I too, should be subjected to that cess and therefore the price should have been same. Due to this difference the registeration, insurance and EMI's are also different. S.K. quotes Rs. 21,214 PM while Ratan and Vitesse quote Rs. 21,011 pm.

Difference between Ratan and Vitesse is marginal. Vitesse and Ratan EMI are the same, only DP is different by Rs. 1,291.

Again, Ratan is charging me Rs. 2,572 as Depot Charges while Vitesse shows an amount of Rs. 4,354 as Stamp duty and Processing Fee. Difference in DP can be attributed to the difference in these charges. Planning to call Vitesse tomorrow for more clarification on their prices. Anyone with prior expereince at Vitesse. Shraddha is the sales consultant dealing with me.

So far Ratan is the cheapest and the closest to my residence. S.K. is closest to my office but out of the reckoning for obvious reasons.

But the question is how can there be a difference of almost Rs.7,000 for the same car? Or is it that S.K. is upto some tricks?

Last edited by amit : 30th August 2007 at 22:51.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 03:29   #662
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
3 different dealers have given me 3 different ex-showroom prices. The differences range from small (couple of hundreds) to big (in thousands!)

The car is going to be company registered in Vashi, Navi Mumbai. Ex-Showroom prices for SX4 ZXi are:

S.K.Wheels Vashi Navi Mumbai Rs. 698,087
Ratan Motors, Chembur, Mumbai Rs. 691,175
Vitesse Maruti, Worli, Mumbai Rs. 691,493.

Difference between S.K. and Ratan is a whopping Rs.6,912!

S.K. says their ex-showroom price is higher because they are subjected to education cess as they are based in Navi Mumbai while Ratan and Vitesse are not as they are based in Mumbai. However, the car is going to be registered in Navi Mumbai so assuming that the arguement by S.K. is correct, I too, should be subjected to that cess and therefore the price should have been same. Due to this difference the registeration, insurance and EMI's are also different. S.K. quotes Rs. 21,214 PM while Ratan and Vitesse quote Rs. 21,011 pm.

Difference between Ratan and Vitesse is marginal. Vitesse and Ratan EMI are the same, only DP is different by Rs. 1,291.

Again, Ratan is charging me Rs. 2,572 as Depot Charges while Vitesse shows an amount of Rs. 4,354 as Stamp duty and Processing Fee. Difference in DP can be attributed to the difference in these charges. Planning to call Vitesse tomorrow for more clarification on their prices. Anyone with prior expereince at Vitesse. Shraddha is the sales consultant dealing with me.

So far Ratan is the cheapest and the closest to my residence. S.K. is closest to my office but out of the reckoning for obvious reasons.

But the question is how can there be a difference of almost Rs.7,000 for the same car? Or is it that S.K. is upto some tricks?
Well, sales tax is actually applied at the place where it is sold and not where it is registered. Due to the VAT difference, the other things can be explained.

However stuff like processing charge is extremely shady. That can vary a lot and not for good reasons.

And I don't know what is depot charges, I was not asked to pay that.

I think I was quoted ex-showroom price as onroad price(includes VAT) + processing charge + insurance + road tax. Maruti also gives 5L petrol free. Only processing charge can be fiddled around with.

Vinay
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 08:37   #663
BHPian

In Bangalore, I think I heard same numbers from all dealers (Honda, MUL, Hyundai, etc). I didn't see any difference, not even more than 300 bucks while I was enquiring.

Your case may be due to confusions between place of sale & registration. You can open separate thread on this to enquire others who bought cars in Mumbai.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 09:24   #664
BHPian

Default Help Needed

Hello,
I have a black Sx4 bought in May.It has done 1500 Kms and first service.I have to keep the car idle for 6 months.I am not going to use it.
What should i do.Some body was suggesting in the threads that I should remove the negative terminal of the battery and there will be no problem.
Keeping idle for 6 months will also effect the engine ?.What should i do.
amitbjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 13:35   #665
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitbjha View Post
Hello,
I have a black Sx4 bought in May.It has done 1500 Kms and first service.I have to keep the car idle for 6 months.I am not going to use it.
What should i do.Some body was suggesting in the threads that I should remove the negative terminal of the battery and there will be no problem.
Keeping idle for 6 months will also effect the engine ?.What should i do.
You can give it to one of the TBHPians They'll take real good care of it.

On a serious note, preferably take both the terminals out. There will be no problem with the engine (if you're worried about oil degradation, oil change is only in 1 year service and you'll be back before that)

Keep it in a dry and safe place, where there is no direct sunlight.

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 15:05   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Well, sales tax is actually applied at the place where it is sold and not where it is registered. Due to the VAT difference, the other things can be explained.

However stuff like processing charge is extremely shady. That can vary a lot and not for good reasons.

And I don't know what is depot charges, I was not asked to pay that.

I think I was quoted ex-showroom price as onroad price(includes VAT) + processing charge + insurance + road tax. Maruti also gives 5L petrol free. Only processing charge can be fiddled around with.

Vinay
Check the ex-showroom price for your city in Marutisx4.com. That is the price you should be getting from your dealer. After that there may be a difference in price depending upon the dealer.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 16:37   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Check the ex-showroom price for your city in Marutisx4.com. That is the price you should be getting from your dealer. After that there may be a difference in price depending upon the dealer.
Dealers would quote ex-show room the same, they ask more in extras .
Old 31st August 2007, 16:49   #668
BHPian

I noticed that rear defogger can be switched on only when headlight switch is on - weird or am I missing something?
Old 31st August 2007, 18:17   #669
BHPian

Yes, rear defogger can be switched on only when parking light/head light is on.

SX4 has a fuel indicator light but does not work. Any specific reason
Old 31st August 2007, 19:29   #670
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
I noticed that rear defogger can be switched on only when headlight switch is on - weird or am I missing something?
they probably dont want it left on by mistake since the rear windshield could crack.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 19:36   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
they probably dont want it left on by mistake since the rear windshield could crack.
Sathya is mentioning about the rear fog light, not the rear defogger.

When we use the defogger we need to switch it off becauese a lot of electricity is used to heat the filament.
Old 31st August 2007, 19:42   #672
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sathya is mentioning about the rear fog light, not the rear defogger.

When we use the defogger we need to switch it off becauese a lot of electricity is used to heat the filament.
well hes said defogger thats why i answered. but ive heard of indigos rear windshields cracking on prolonged use of the defogger.
Old 31st August 2007, 20:25   #673
BHPian

Quote:
SX4 has a fuel indicator light but does not work. Any specific reason
Even Swift has a low fuel indicator light but does not work. When i asked a service advisor in MASS he told me that those are dummy lights which are not wired and which cannot be wired.
But swift's sold in other countries have these lights working.
I think Maruti is thinking a lot about cost cutting in India.........

Vijay

Last edited by vijay_k : 31st August 2007 at 20:28.
vijay_k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 21:56   #674
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Even Swift has a low fuel indicator light but does not work. When i asked a service advisor in MASS he told me that those are dummy lights which are not wired and which cannot be wired.
But swift's sold in other countries have these lights working.
I think Maruti is thinking a lot about cost cutting in India.........

Vijay
now thats really not good. alot of people rely on that to tell them how much more their car can go after the needle reaches the e mark. at least then you know the car is on reserve.
Old 2nd September 2007, 10:36   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
well hes said defogger thats why i answered. but ive heard of indigos rear windshields cracking on prolonged use of the defogger.
I enquired about rear defogger only, not rear fog light.