Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd September 2007, 10:44   #676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
SX4 has a fuel indicator light but does not work. Any specific reason
Its not fuel indicator light, it is oil indicator light which comes up when oil pressure is not sufficient.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 10:58   #677
BHPian

I had paid 32094 as EMI for a 30 month loan for the CIVIC in Oct.2006. The amt. of loan was 900000/- no additional processing charges etc. were paid. Signed the agreement & gave ICICI agent the 30 checks of 32094/-, 4 days after taking delivery of the car. Only the margin cq. of 185000 or so was given to the Car Dealer Co., at Jaipur. ICICI DSA issued the DO immediately

The Cos. are ready to adjust especially for higher value loans and relationships you share with them.

Last edited by alankarm@sancha : 2nd September 2007 at 11:01.
alankarm@sancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 11:43   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post
I had paid 32094 as EMI for a 30 month loan for the CIVIC in Oct.2006. The amt. of loan was 900000/- no additional processing charges etc. were paid. Signed the agreement & gave ICICI agent the 30 checks of 32094/-, 4 days after taking delivery of the car. Only the margin cq. of 185000 or so was given to the Car Dealer Co., at Jaipur. ICICI DSA issued the DO immediately

The Cos. are ready to adjust especially for higher value loans and relationships you share with them.
Which thread did you want to post this?
Old 2nd September 2007, 18:21   #679
v&v
Senior - BHPian

congrats for your first car. SX4 which model and pen down the interior details too.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:02   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Its not fuel indicator light, it is oil indicator light which comes up when oil pressure is not sufficient.
I don't think oil pressure has a FUEL TANK symbol. This is available on the right panel.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:21   #681
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think oil pressure has a FUEL TANK symbol. This is available on the right panel.
Hmm, may be I am missing something. Does this indicator come up when you put on keys? what color and what kind of symbol is it? I didn't see about this in manual too.
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:41   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Hmm, may be I am missing something. Does this indicator come up when you put on keys? what color and what kind of symbol is it? I didn't see about this in manual too.
There is a provision but it does not glow or never work. Even in Swift it never works. I don't know why they have disabled this feature.

The Fuel tank indicator is circled in RED in the picture
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:44   #683
BHPian

Quote:
There is a provision but it does not glow or never work. Even in Swift it never works. I don't know why they have disabled this feature.

Surprising, but this is what I asked the Maruti guy when he came to me for feedback , suggest sending a mail to the company directly and ask about why the missing feature when the console has the icon, guess some cost cutting again
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:58   #684
BHPian

Oh I never noticed it. Thanks!

Quote:

Old 3rd September 2007, 16:43   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Just added few more accessories
Stebel horn - 775
Neon light 2 Nos on both sides of the car - 480
Wiring & Switches - 400
ORVM Indicator - 650 (Ordered from ebay.in)
Seat covers + Steering Cover + Neck pillow - 4000 ( Ordered & will get next week)
Can you share the pics, why the Stebel horn, is it in addition to the existing stock horn or a replacement?

What are the wiring & switches for? Be sure that for any modifications/accessories, you don't cut your existing wiring or the warranty will be void..and this can be risky too.

Pls post some pics, regarding the seat covers, I feel after putting them, the heat gets trapped and I start feeling warm on my back. was thinking of using the wooden beads for the back rest, does anyone use and has any advice or suggestions?
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:55   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Can you share the pics, why the Stebel horn, is it in addition to the existing stock horn or a replacement?

What are the wiring & switches for? Be sure that for any modifications/accessories, you don't cut your existing wiring or the warranty will be void..and this can be risky too.

Pls post some pics, regarding the seat covers, I feel after putting them, the heat gets trapped and I start feeling warm on my back. was thinking of using the wooden beads for the back rest, does anyone use and has any advice or suggestions?
Stebel horn: First I don't like the Maruti horns which is very feeble. I love the Optra horn very mild and powerful, attracted towards it. Think stebel was close to it. Yesterday I went to Pondichery for a highway driving, suddenly there was a tricycle walla in the front and I couldn't overtake as there was a bus coming opposite. I just pressed the horn and the tricycle suddenly took a left and gave me way, otherwise I would have given some work for my ABS.

There is two way switch given to use existing horn also. There is no hole made but just placed the switch in the gap near the steering.

Seat covers: Not yet received, will be getting in 2 days. will post pics once I put it on.
Old 3rd September 2007, 17:13   #687
Senior - BHPian

Have not checked about the low fuel warning light yet,but gopinathan how is your instrument cluster so different,mine is just like this:
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 17:27   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Have not checked about the low fuel warning light yet,but gopinathan how is your instrument cluster so different,mine is just like this:
The picture I used was not an indian version. I used that pic just for illustration as I didn't have any one at that time.
Old 3rd September 2007, 19:42   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Stebel horn: First I don't like the Maruti horns which is very feeble. I love the Optra horn very mild and powerful, attracted towards it. Think stebel was close to it. Yesterday I went to Pondichery for a highway driving, suddenly there was a tricycle walla in the front and I couldn't overtake as there was a bus coming opposite. I just pressed the horn and the tricycle suddenly took a left and gave me way, otherwise I would have given some work for my ABS.

There is two way switch given to use existing horn also. There is no hole made but just placed the switch in the gap near the steering.
Does it add music/sound while taking reverse?

Do any of you added it? How much does it cost and which brand?
Old 3rd September 2007, 20:29   #690
BHPian

No sathya, I haven't add reverse music. I had it in my Santro and it's irritating sometimes, so I didn't fix it.