Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th September 2007, 22:05   #706
BHPian

omishra - 16.1 in highway ? Awesome ! too good to be true !

Have'nt had a highway drive yet - but in City at wrost traffic routes most of the time - I got around 11.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
I am able to reproduce same performance so many times.
City, moderate traffic - 100%AC(auto,25C), 12.4-12.9 kmpl, normal petrol, 33psi
Highway, 80-110 kmph, 100%AC(auto,25C), 16.1, normal petrol, 35psi
Odometer reading 2400km

But after clutch replacement I have to calculate again because now low end troque is increased in low RPM. So I feel it will increase fuel efficiency for city.
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 22:10   #707
BHPian

Lucky guys indeed in Pondy - I think the Sales Tax is low & so must be the road tax. Imagine - that's a difference of almost 70K compared to city like bangalore !! could have loaded some more goodies in that kind of money !!
Gopi - you are right, re-registration will really kill you, especially from state to state...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
When I went to Pondichery, one of them saw my car and enquired about it. He had already booked the car and the dealer said that he will give it in 15 days and it was 40K less (7.4 lakhs onroad price for Zxi without leather). They are lucky people. I also had a thought of getting the car from there, but don't know when registering here again would give me the same cost.
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 09:59   #708
BHPian

Default That's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
omishra - 16.1 in highway ? Awesome ! too good to be true !

Have'nt had a highway drive yet - but in City at wrost traffic routes most of the time - I got around 11.5.
Last month after completing 1200km running in City, I drove from Pune to my native place in North Maharashtra. To-fro - it was 910km, started after a visible tank full. Before starting back, made tank full there till petrol is visible from lead(about 28 liters burnt). After coming in Pune made tank full again (28.5 liters) till petrol is visible from lead.

So it was 910/56.5=16.1 liter. I burnt 56.5 liters in 36 hrs
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 11:53   #709
BHPian

BTW, do anyone know of good place in Bangalore where I can get letter (or stickers?) to write in windscreen or rear window?

Still pushing back when my family wants to write God's name.

Worst case, I may write few letters in small fonts, without obstructing my view.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 16:19   #710
BHPian

Today I have put the seat covers, orange with black. Looks good, will post the pics soon.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 18:01   #711
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
BTW, do anyone know of good place in Bangalore where I can get letter (or stickers?) to write in windscreen or rear window?

Still pushing back when my family wants to write God's name.

Worst case, I may write few letters in small fonts, without obstructing my view.
please dont write anything on the windscreen or rear window. it looks quite bad and people will think its a cab. if anything put an idol on the dash.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 17:09   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Today I have put the seat covers, orange with black. Looks good, will post the pics soon.
Taken some pictures of seat covers ...

[img=http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/8335/dsc02777su4.th.jpg]

[img=http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5520/dsc02778va3.th.jpg]

[img=http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/8020/dsc02780mn4.th.jpg]
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 19:47   #713
BHPian

hey
im having a slgiht problem with the sx4's FE, the needle is at the last 3 points before E and its only done close to 300kms!!! thats like an average of 6!! and iv been driving it sanely since only took delivery last thursday and topped it up right after the showroom..got new tyres but arent very different from the vectras 205/60; got silverstone 215/55. iv been very careful not taking it beyond 80 or 2.5k rpm; except once or twice-couldnt resist it. is there something wrong with the car? or just needs to be run in and iv been filling power. this isnt really a good sign especially since we picked it up scratched from the showroom itself and now this. any advice?
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 21:20   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Taken some pictures of seat covers
Nice seat covers. After the seat covers the rear middle seat look to be ok.

Did you add anything extra along with the seat cover to make the rear middle seat ok?
prskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 22:02   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
hey
im having a slgiht problem with the sx4's FE, the needle is at the last 3 points before E and its only done close to 300kms!!! thats like an average of 6!! and iv been driving it sanely since only took delivery last thursday and topped it up right after the showroom..got new tyres but arent very different from the vectras 205/60; got silverstone 215/55. iv been very careful not taking it beyond 80 or 2.5k rpm; except once or twice-couldnt resist it. is there something wrong with the car? or just needs to be run in and iv been filling power. this isnt really a good sign especially since we picked it up scratched from the showroom itself and now this. any advice?
first of all congratulation on your new car! if you had filled close to 50 L, then with the needle in 3 points above E, it should have around 20 L left (5 L reserve - when pointer is at E) ..so probably you might had used 30 L.. so you should be getting around 10 kms at the least!
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 23:14   #716
BHPian

hey guys, i had got delivery of my sx4 on 1st august and have driven around 1100kms on it.

can anyone tell me if the clutch replacement is being done on all the SX4 delivered till now or only on specific batch and what are the indications that the cars needs clutch replacement.

my car is giving me problems in shifting in reverse gear and sometimes on the first gear the car just stalls for no reason at all.

so guys can u please help in determining if the car needs clutch replacement
coolmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 23:18   #717
BHPian

anantnehru, don't worry about your mileage figure being a bad omen or whatever. just wait until you tank up again, and can determine your FE fairly accurately. i really don't think you should draw conclusions at this point.

if the FE is truly low, something has gone wrong, and can be fixed for sure. put your worries to rest and enjoy your time with the car. it's a lovely machine. and having your car scratched from the very beginning is something many metro-victims have had to live with - don't read anything into it.
skandyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 23:32   #718
BHPian

hey thanks itnerd and skandyhere;
but rite after i wrote that post i drove from (for those who know delhi) new friends colony and gk2; and the needle fell to one point above E and its only done 310-15kms. but regardless, the average does go up after the first service and all rite?
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 23:43   #719
Senior - BHPian

@anant.. there may be various reasons why you are geting low FE.. depends on driving style (heavy-footed, low gear state etc.).. I stay in sarita vihar and often travel through the busiest traffics in Delhi including NFC.. initially i got around 9-10 km with the first tank full after taking delivery..now after first service and knowing how to harness best driveability techniques, I get a reasonable FE between 11-12 kms/L. So no worries, mate.. enjoy ur ride!
Old 6th September 2007, 23:51   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmob View Post
hey guys, i had got delivery of my sx4 on 1st august and have driven around 1100kms on it.

can anyone tell me if the clutch replacement is being done on all the SX4 delivered till now or only on specific batch and what are the indications that the cars needs clutch replacement.

my car is giving me problems in shifting in reverse gear and sometimes on the first gear the car just stalls for no reason at all.

so guys can u please help in determining if the car needs clutch replacement
Congrats on your ride! the clutch problems are rectified in the latter batch of SX4s. I got mind on 18th July and it didn't require fix to the clutch and the AC.. Think only the first two batch of SX4s have this problem with the clucth and AC.

About the reverse gear not getting through, its a typical Maruti trend that carries on from SWIFT to SX4. :(

Stalling with the first gear.. didn't know about that.. might be that clutch release was sudden..