Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th September 2007, 13:37   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsatish View Post
SX4 comes with two wheels sizes(VXI-R15/ZXI-R16), apart from the clearance difference, there is going to be difference in the oddometer/speedometer reading by 3%(error). Does anybody know, if Maruti is taking care of this?

Thank you,

Satish
Come-on, it is just matter of changing the wheel size in OM gear and that thing must have been taken care of my Maruti. Don't worry.
vivek_pinkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 14:12   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libis22 View Post
hey soo happy that atleast maruthi is supplying the spares well..

now soo relaxed.was terribly upset both because of accident and also hearing the price of rvm.

those service ppl was guessing with balenos spares in mind..
Thatswhy many prefer maruti for the service and spares availability.
prskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 23:05   #738

Default SX4 zxi Leather Option

Hello guys... has anybody bought the leather version? If yes, please can you comment on the quality of leather supplied by MUL? Also wish to know the color of leather seats as I believe that will be beige but someone on a different forum said they are supplying grey color as well!!!
I booked black zxi and grey seats will not match it. My sales agent is a big dumb and has no idea what color mine will be
Anyway, it's been 5 weeks so far since I've booked...
mainakdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 18:18   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainakdas View Post
Hello guys... has anybody bought the leather version? If yes, please can you comment on the quality of leather supplied by MUL? Also wish to know the color of leather seats as I believe that will be beige but someone on a different forum said they are supplying grey color as well!!!
I booked black zxi and grey seats will not match it. My sales agent is a big dumb and has no idea what color mine will be
Anyway, it's been 5 weeks so far since I've booked...

Hey!, I've bought the SX4 ZXi with Leather and the leather quality is good...I don't have any complaints..Its of Beige colour..Mine is Supreme Red car and I think beige interiors in a black car will look awesome..
sudhir5478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 22:57   #740

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
Hey!, I've bought the SX4 ZXi with Leather and the leather quality is good...I don't have any complaints..Its of Beige colour..Mine is Supreme Red car and I think beige interiors in a black car will look awesome..
Thanks for ur reply Sudhir... Apart from the seats and steering wheel cover ,is there any other part that comes in leather/leather cover in ur car?
mainakdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2007, 18:14   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainakdas View Post
Thanks for ur reply Sudhir... Apart from the seats and steering wheel cover ,is there any other part that comes in leather/leather cover in ur car?
Apart from seats and steering wheel, the trims of all the doors come with leather..
sudhir5478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 06:52   #742
BHPian

After long waiting of 3 months, yesterday I got my SX4 ZXi beige . I'll try to post few pictures and my experience very soon. For now only one word for SX4- Awesome. At the time of delivery odometer was showing 28 KM. Got 5 liter petrol free with it. Somehow sales person succeeded in selling me extended warranty of 1 year for Rs. 4K, not sure if it is really worth it or not. Today, I'm planning to checkout the seat covers ....I'm thinking of art leather, last month Bafna [Ghole Road] was quoting around 10-12k (Stanley PU ) + 1500 (fitting).

One tip for guys who are waiting for delivery of their car.
Fortunately I knew that waiting period could be long, so I did not clear my loan amount till I got chassis number and engine number, which you get once your car is allocated. I would strongly recommend the same to all buyers "Do not pay anything other than booking amount till you get Chassis and Engine Number".
SX4_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 07:16   #743
BHPian

guys if yourl know there is clutch problem in the sx4, my sx4 vxi was called back for replacement, infact many sx4 were called back aswell.......
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 15:10   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
guys if yourl know there is clutch problem in the sx4,
It was a problem only with the initial batch,most would have been taken of by now in their first service.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 18:05   #745
Senior - BHPian

So whats the waiting period now and which colours have faster delivery period than others ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4_2007 View Post
After long waiting of 3 months, yesterday I got my SX4 ZXi beige . I'll try to post few pictures and my experience very soon. For now only one word for SX4- Awesome.

One tip for guys who are waiting for delivery of their car. Fortunately I knew that waiting period could be long, so I did not clear my loan amount till I got chassis number and engine number, which you get once your car is allocated. I would strongly recommend the same to all buyers "Do not pay anything other than booking amount till you get Chassis and Engine Number".
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 09:34   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
So whats the waiting period now and which colours have faster delivery period than others ??
I believe, silver and white should have faster delivery period. Dealer offered me silver once after 2 weeks but I denied.
SX4_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 10:47   #747
BHPian

Actually, VXi is available off the shelf (except some colours like Black, Beige, Azure Grey). The coveted colours are available in 3 weeks. The zxi is has a 3 month Waiting period.
There is a lot of bull given by the dealer. Before you put down the booking amount, make sure you befriend the sales person and ensure that he gives you a pragmatic picture. Ensure he wont cut you a raw deal by giving your car to someone else (they do all kinds of nasty stuff to make a few bucks more).
Good luck
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 11:24   #748
kcz
BHPian

Default took delivery of SX4 ZXI today

Hey All,

I've been following all the posts on this related to SX4 and they really helped me decide on the car. This is my second car. First one is 2002 Maruti Zen Lxi. My initial options were Hyundai Verna XXI , Maruti Suzuki SX4 Zxi and Ford Fiesta (Petrol) SXI.

Ordered SX4 ZXI (metallic supreme red) in the first week of September and got it delivered today (Around 15 days of wait time).
I bought it under my company lease plan. I had to constantly pester the finance team and the LeasePlan guys to get the wait time reduced.

Got Redsoul parking sensors installed (cost: Rs. 4950). Bought this from Mandovi Motors (JP Nagar). The dealer gave me floor mats.

The reading on odometer was 42 when I took the car.

Next on my list of accessories
Sun Control Film

Will update more running details/FE etc soon...

Thanks again for everyone who shared details and opinions about SX4. It definitely seems to be an awesome car. Can't wait to go on a long drive

Thanks,
Kiran
kcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 12:15   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post

is Door Trimis also leather or just a Fabric ?
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 12:50   #750
Senior - BHPian

kcz, welcome to SX4 club!.. within 15 days! that's quite fast.. the parking sensors seems to be a bit high on price.. how many pods does it have and how is the LCD?
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote