Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th September 2007, 21:19   #766
BHPian

parking sensors really help i have installed them in my civic...they work great....
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 09:54   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
Does it cover the hump properly ?
Yes, it covers that hump too, and extends below front seats as well. The cuts are perfect to take care of all fittings related to floor/seat, fuel lead opener and trunk opener. If you need to see I can post a snap (but not before weekend ). BTW this has velcro* to fix along hump and side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
the door mat that the dealer gave me is pathetic, especially since the rear hump portion of it is just a misfit & just not stand there properly. My earlier baleno had a perfect fit mats - which had a locking button in the rear to plug in the middle portion to the side ones...
If you got it free of cost then I can't say anything.

* Moderated Spellings/grammar
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 09:57   #768
BHPian

Default Passive Arming in SX4

Hi guys, Has anyone tried Passive (auto) Arming in SX4, in this mode system will automatically arm the car after 30 sec of removing the key and last door closure. I think by default it is in active (manual) arming mode because in my SX4, LED on security switch is not flashing and I have to lock manually by pressing the lock button on remote key.

Actually, I tried to understand steps given in the security manual for Passive mode but didn't get what is the valet switch; is it the same security switch as the one near fog lamp switch?

Thanks

This post has moderated spellings/grammer.
SX4_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 10:35   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4_2007 View Post
Passive mode but didn't get what is the valet switch; is it the same security switch as the one near fog lamp switch?
On right side of steering below AC outlet, there is a switch beside Fog lamp switch named "ALARM". I remember guy from dealer was pressing it multiple times in some combination along with key remote to make it working for my car.
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 10:55   #770
BHPian

I was reading up this 'Passive Arming' thing only yesterday. But it is a bit of a double edged sword. Sometimes , especially when you are cleaning, we tend to move our cars a bit here and there, keys are left in the seat and doors are often opened and shut.
We dont want to be trapped outside with the car locking itself with the keys inside.
My view is that it is better to stay away from this thing. Like Hermione Granger would say, 'Do not trust anything that can think for itself'.
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 11:10   #771
BHPian

Why a single Reverse Light?
When i read that Logan had cut down one reverse light for the sake of keeping costs down, i smirked at the idea.
Now i was shocked and ashamed to find that SX4 also had only one reverse light and the other one is a 'Rear Fog Light'.
When i asked the dealer, half of the staff did not know and other half said that the bulb was fused! :0 Then i told them that there is a rear fog lamp and they went .'Ooh'
I wonder why do we need rear fog lamp that is no different from a regular tail lamp! Could'nt Maruti have provided a standard reverse light on the driver side too!!
Now reversing in darkness is a little bit of a problem. My parking sensors make up for the lack of the reverse light thankfully.
Now, how useful is this rear fog lamp in places like Delhi? Is it really useful? Folks?
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 11:38   #772
Senior - BHPian

The wait time is bound to reduce over time and it seems that the demand-supply gap is being narrowed by the production lines, hopefully by Diwali wait time should come down to few days than weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
Ordered SX4 ZXI (metallic supreme red) in the first week of September and got it delivered today (Around 15 days of wait time).
I bought it under my company lease plan. I had to constantly pester the finance team and the LeasePlan guys to get the wait time reduced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
wow that is the quickiest time, anybody got this car
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 11:40   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
On right side of steering below AC outlet, there is a switch beside Fog lamp switch named "ALARM". I remember guy from dealer was pressing it multiple times in some combination along with key remote to make it working for my car.
Ok...thanks. Unfortunately my dealer didn't explained anything, anyway first I'll try myself, if it didn't work then will ask dealer to do it.

BTW, does your car get locked/armed automatically after removing a key and closing all the doors ? What about other security modes like shock sensor, anti-hijack etc; are these activated/ON in your car?

Thanks
SX4_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 11:44   #774
Senior - BHPian

Here's an indian manfacturer for parking sensors with LCD screen, should be cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
kcz, welcome to SX4 club!.. within 15 days! that's quite fast.. the parking sensors seems to be a bit high on price.. how many pods does it have and how is the LCD?
Old 19th September 2007, 11:46   #775
Senior - BHPian

Places in north i.e. Delhi, NCR, Punjab, Haryana get heavy fog during winter and for days together. So it will be useful there for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Now, how useful is this rear fog lamp in places like Delhi? Is it really useful? Folks?
Old 19th September 2007, 11:47   #776
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Did he specify what colours are avaliable in 3 weeks and 3 months? I have booked a black Zxi on Sept 5. Of course, mine is in Mumbai but at least we can get an approximate idea.
amit when i did enquire about black colour in andheri vitisse they told me minimum 4 weeks and sai service told me 3 weeks for vxi and for zxi they told me after diwali from both dealer.
where have u purchased your car
pabheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 11:54   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok...thanks. Unfortunately my dealer didn't explained anything, anyway first I'll try myself, if it didn't work then will ask dealer to do it.
Go back to the dealer and tell him you want everything explained properly again,or you would give a negative feedback in the maruti feedback form you will receive shortly.

Quote:
Hi guys, Has anyone tried Passive (auto) Arming in SX4, in this mode system will automatically arm the car after 30 sec of removing the key and last door closure.
Dealer advised me against this because you could accidentally leave your keys behind in the car and the doors would get locked before you know.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 19th September 2007 at 11:56.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 12:11   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
amit when i did enquire about black colour in andheri vitisse they told me minimum 4 weeks and sai service told me 3 weeks for vxi and for zxi they told me after diwali from both dealer.
where have u purchased your car
I have booked my car at Vitesse Worli. The salesperson has maintained that delivery will be in 4 weeks although I expect a minimum of 6 weeks of wait. Not too happy with the salesguy too. Seems like he doesn't get the question asked of him and keeps repeating "4 weeks mein gaadi ka delivery ho jayega". I expected more from Vitesse especially since when I called them to fax me a quote I spoke to a pretty intelligent lady and I thought she was the salesperson I would be dealing with. Turns out she is just a co-ordinator whose job is to direct salespeople to the leads.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 17:13   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Go back to the dealer and tell him you want everything explained properly again,or you would give a negative feedback in the maruti feedback form you will receive shortly.

Dealer advised me against this because you could accidentally leave your keys behind in the car and the doors would get locked before you know.
I don't think in SX4 Zxi the doors get locked automatically when the keys are in, because it locks the door only after it reaches 20 kmph. Only exception is that when you unlock and don't open the door for certain time, it locks automatically.

Have anyone faced the problem of locked doors when the keys are inside.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 17:41   #780
Senior - BHPian

@Gopinatham - you can change this speed dependent setting. Read the manual. I forgot how.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote