Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th September 2007, 17:55   #781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
@Gopinatham - you can change this speed dependent setting. Read the manual. I forgot how.
Oh, I don't know about that. I will check it.
Thanks.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 17:56   #782
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I have booked my car at Vitesse Worli. The salesperson has maintained that delivery will be in 4 weeks although I expect a minimum of 6 weeks of wait. Not too happy with the salesguy too. Seems like he doesn't get the question asked of him and keeps repeating "4 weeks mein gaadi ka delivery ho jayega". I expected more from Vitesse especially since when I called them to fax me a quote I spoke to a pretty intelligent lady and I thought she was the salesperson I would be dealing with. Turns out she is just a co-ordinator whose job is to direct salespeople to the leads.
hi amit,
whom r u talking there i had spoken to hardik couple or times he sounded straight forward guy and young try to speak to him and ask him the clear picture.there is paul he is head in worli he can be help to u too.
he had come to my place for test drive , well i was looking for vxi as i didn't had that much patients to wait for 3 months, but i am sure u might have not paid him all the amount and little sales talk everyone is going to do, i too had same kind of expreince with addis marketing female did not answer the call once all cheques where sent but at last i got word done as office was near by
pabheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 18:06   #783
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have booked my car at Vitesse Worli. The salesperson has maintained that delivery will be in 4 weeks although I expect a minimum of 6 weeks of wait. Not too happy with the salesguy too. Seems like he doesn't get the question asked of him and keeps repeating "4 weeks mein gaadi ka delivery ho jayega". I expected more from Vitesse especially since when I called them to fax me a quote I spoke to a pretty intelligent lady and I thought she was the salesperson I would be dealing with. Turns out she is just a co-ordinator whose job is to direct salespeople to the leads.
speak with a guy called farokh framrose. hes a senior person there and should be able to help you.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 18:13   #784
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the help guys . I called the salesguy today and he said people from Kotak Finance will come next week to finish some paperwork and collect the PDC's. About the car, he said he will have a better idea by the weekend since Maruti Suzuki has despatched a few Zxi's this week for Mumbai.

I think black is in demand in Mumbai and I am expecting delivery by Oct end or November First week. When I spoke to the guys from S.K.Maruti at Navi Mumbai, they asked me not to choose black as the waiting would be at least 3 months. Lets see how it goes. The only other colour I would seriously look at is Sunlight Copper.

Last edited by amit : 19th September 2007 at 18:14.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 18:31   #785
BANNED

amit i feel it is not great idea to pay all amount right away just make some down payment of 25 or 50k
and tell him as soon as car comes to show room u will pay rest before registration and stuff.
y let him use your money for 1 month or more, ask other's before making payment
Old 19th September 2007, 18:37   #786
BHPian

I paid only 10k for booking. They normally dont ask for more
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 03:22   #787
BHPian

I was told by a dealer in chennai that the vxi being delivered these days come with body coloured mirrors and single CD mp3 player that comes in the Zxi.
Can anyone confirm that ?
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 10:01   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
I was told by a dealer in chennai that the vxi being delivered these days come with body coloured mirrors and single CD mp3 player that comes in the Zxi.
Can anyone confirm that ?
Yes, I also read that somewhere. This was done by MUL because VXI was very much stripped off version. And all attention was grabbed by ZXI (non leather). Absolutely minimal number of takers for VXI. This addition made VXI somewhat additional value.
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 14:31   #789
BHPian

Default Have I been fooled then?

I think the utla is true. I was told by the dealer that Stereo used to be offered in VXi but not anymore.
God only knows which is true
Old 20th September 2007, 15:21   #790
BANNED

yes 4 speaker and a stereo r been ofered in vxi with body colour mirrors, confirmed with saiservice in mumbai
Old 20th September 2007, 15:30   #791
BHPian

Is this the MUL Stereo?
I was offered SOny stereo by one dealer and MUL by the one I bought it from ultimately
Old 20th September 2007, 19:53   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Is this the MUL Stereo?
I was offered SOny stereo by one dealer and MUL by the one I bought it from ultimately
Its not a Sony . Its the indash player tht comes in the Zxi
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 08:59   #793
BHPian

Quote:
MUL sales people behave same way all across India !! I was also not happy with salesperson and I escalated upto 2 levels, till I took delivery I was interacting with his boss. Also, complaining directly to MUL helped for many. Do you want to try these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I don't think in SX4 Zxi the doors get locked automatically when the keys are in, because it locks the door only after it reaches 20 kmph. Only exception is that when you unlock and don't open the door for certain time, it locks automatically.

Have anyone faced the problem of locked doors when the keys are inside.
Not yet for me. Onething I do cautiously is: if I have to leave car with keys in, I roll down windows and even if doors locked, I can still access keys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
@Gopinatham - you can change this speed dependent setting. Read the manual. I forgot how.
I never knew that. AFAIK, manual didn't mention about it. Let me read again, thanks for pointing out.

Many times I felt that it should be set to 10 kmph, so in slow moving traffic it locks early, useful when we have kids.

EDIT: I saw many other posts after I posted this reply.

Last edited by sathya_nars : 21st September 2007 at 09:01.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 09:06   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the help guys . I called the salesguy today and he said people from Kotak Finance will come next week to finish some paperwork and collect the PDC's. About the car, he said he will have a better idea by the weekend since Maruti Suzuki has despatched a few Zxi's this week for Mumbai.

I think black is in demand in Mumbai and I am expecting delivery by Oct end or November First week. When I spoke to the guys from S.K.Maruti at Navi Mumbai, they asked me not to choose black as the waiting would be at least 3 months. Lets see how it goes. The only other colour I would seriously look at is Sunlight Copper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
amit i feel it is not great idea to pay all amount right away just make some down payment of 25 or 50k
and tell him as soon as car comes to show room u will pay rest before registration and stuff.
You are right.

@Amit, You might see in other threads that people have paid premiums before delivery and someone even chose other car since wait was long for sx4. I suggest you should make it clear to your finance guys that you'll pay premium only after you received car so that they won't sanction loan and give you money well before delivery.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 09:39   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
Guy, one quick question.
Didn't anybody get the interest for booking amount - from date of booking till car allocation date?
Because I got (means I asked for that) Rs 155 on 50K for 1 month (@3.75%) and I got fragrance dispenser installed using that amount. I booked at Sai Service DG Pune. And this was mentioned in booking receipt as well. Even if you save 1 Rupee then eat 'Chana' using that, it will go to your stomach not dealer's.
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote