Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st September 2007, 13:40   #796
BHPian

Everyone know that the delivery of SX4 is around 3-6 weeks. So just pay the booking amount and start collecing information on car loan interest rates and executive contact number. Once you are informed that the car has been dispatched from the factory, ask your loan executive to process it, so that you don't have to pay extra interest for the car which you don't have. The loan executive will ask to complete the formalities and process it later, don't agree to it. I did the same thing, booked the car, bargained with the ICICI & HDFC executive and got 11% interest deal with HDFC. Once I was informed that the car has been dispatched I contacted the executive and my loan was processed in 2 days, also the dealer delivered me the car before getting the cheque from HDFC bank
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 13:42   #797
BHPian

Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
also the dealer delivered me the car before getting the cheque from HDFC bank
Do you own Khivraj? How did they deliver before the cheque came through? Was the margin amount very high and the loan very less?
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 14:00   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Do you own Khivraj? How did they deliver before the cheque came through? Was the margin amount very high and the loan very less?
I paid around 4 Lakhs and remaining 4 Lakhs as loan. It seems the HDFC bank delivered the cheque but Khivraj hasn't received it. Hoping that he will receive in the next day he delivered me the car.

He commented that he shouldn't deliver the car without getting the cheque. I gave the executive contact number and he got the information that he will receive the cheque that evening, so he delivered.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2007, 10:38   #799
BHPian

For registration of car to your name, they would ask full amount. Isn't it?
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2007, 11:18   #800
BHPian

hi guys,
has anyone got a zxi with leather? trying to find how to take care of the leather? didnt really want get leather but someone cancelled it & i took it.
thanks
vinodbijlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 10:05   #801
Senior - BHPian

at the outset, no offence meant to any SX4 owners. this is just my observation.......

Went on a test drive spree having sold my baleno yesterday and drove the SX4, Grand vitara (both at Varun mpotors begumpet), Magnum (orange auto) safari dicor (Malik) and the honda civic (my uncle's).

the moment i got into the sx4, i was really disappointed- the driving position is very uncomfortable, coming from a baleno and hte quality of plastics!!!!!! I do not exaggerate when i say that the plastics used in the indigo are better than the SX4. the dash is made of a very hard and cheap looking plastic, that bends inwards at the slightest pressure and looks very brittle.

the demo car had done 13K kms and was rattling away to glory from all corners.

got out of the car, pressed some sheet metal and that again caved in without too much pressure, unlike the sheet metal of the baleno. In fact, i can confidently say that the baleno is far better built than the SX4.

Pverall, teh sx4 zxi just did not feel special enough for 8L rupees. In contrast, teh safari dicor had much better finishing to the interior.

I will not post a test driv ereport since htat mirrors what others have observed already. suffice to say, Maruti DNA has moved away from fun to drive cars like the esteem, baleno and the 800.

Peace
himanshugoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 10:24   #802
BHPian

Default Bad Driving Position- My goodness!!!

Hey Himanshu,
No offence taken (@ least from one Sx4 owner - thats me). Well, you have a right to your opinion. However, I must say that am quite amused you find the driving position uncomfortable. You are discrediting the primary strength of the car. Maybe you were looking for a F1 driving position obviously you would not find that in SX4
The quality of plastics is nothing to write home about. Its the same used in the Swift people say and even quite a few reviewers have written about it.
But honestly different people look for different things in cars.
There are people who look for sheer practicality at a shocker sticker price (Logan owners)
There are people who look for sheer luxury and comfort (Aveo Owners)
There are people who look for sheer driving thrill (Fiesta owners)
Then there are people who dont care two hoots as to what they drive as long as they get a mileage of 15 and give them a status symbol. (some diesels sell only for this)
Then there are people who just buy for the looks (again it may be any of the cars.)
& Then there are people who look for a mix of everything
Practicality (easy ingress egress), good looks (well, its got individuality/character), good package (ABS, Airbags, Alloys,EBD), good handling, great *** ( i meant the After sales service. Buts it got a great *** TOO!! ), decent mileage and good resale (if it ever comes to that).
so thats them SX4 owners
well again. Its your money and spend it on what you like
Happy motoring

Last edited by Venkatesh.C : 24th September 2007 at 10:26. Reason: Two Many Smilies
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 12:54   #803
BHPian

Well - i find it difficult to digest your comments ! I was a Baleno lover & owned one for two years - until recently moving on to SX4 couple of months ago. There are in-numberable pluses - that I've seen in SX4 as compared to baleno: driving position is better, superb pickup & ride, etc. The ground clearance in baleno was pretty poor. I think all plastics are just the same, with some finer finishes in some. Found build quality better in SX4. Not sure if you are mixing up the comparison with the right car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
at the outset, no offence meant to any SX4 owners. this is just my observation.......

Went on a test drive spree having sold my baleno yesterday and drove the SX4, Grand vitara (both at Varun mpotors begumpet), Magnum (orange auto) safari dicor (Malik) and the honda civic (my uncle's).

the moment i got into the sx4, i was really disappointed- the driving position is very uncomfortable, coming from a baleno and hte quality of plastics!!!!!! I do not exaggerate when i say that the plastics used in the indigo are better than the SX4. the dash is made of a very hard and cheap looking plastic, that bends inwards at the slightest pressure and looks very brittle.

got out of the car, pressed some sheet metal and that again caved in without too much pressure, unlike the sheet metal of the baleno. In fact, i can confidently say that the baleno is far better built than the SX4.

Pverall, teh sx4 zxi just did not feel special enough for 8L rupees. In contrast, teh safari dicor had much better finishing to the interior.

I will not post a test driv ereport since htat mirrors what others have observed already. suffice to say, Maruti DNA has moved away from fun to drive cars like the esteem, baleno and the 800.

Peace
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 12:56   #804
BHPian

Quote:
SX4 ZXi has height adjustable drivers seats as well as tilt stearing, using which you can get the best driving position.

And about the plastic, with what I have seen I liked the plastic, but anyways I have not driven many vehicles.
Selective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 16:17   #805
BHPian

Many in TBHP agrees that SX4 Zxi is very good VFM, this includes whole package.

I would say that MUL cars are better in build quality than TATAs, my personal opinion.

BTW, you haven't mentioned locality in your profile. Where do you live?

Quote:

Peace
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 11:02   #806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the moment i got into the sx4, i was really disappointed- the driving position is very uncomfortable, coming from a baleno
I think driving position is a lot like looks of a car, it's subjective. Everyone has a different body structure and so different people will have varying degrees of comfort on the same seats. Besides, all of us already own a car and are used to the seats of our current car for a number of years. I don't think a test drive gives anyone enough time to decide if seating position is as good or better then our current vehicle.

Quote:
and the quality of plastics!!!!!! I do not exaggerate when i say that the plastics used in the indigo are better than the SX4. the dash is made of a very hard and cheap looking plastic, that bends inwards at the slightest pressure and looks very brittle.
I do agree with you on the quality of plastics part. I don't know how it compares to Indigo, Logan, NHC, Verna, Fiesta etc but seen by itself, dashboard plastics of the SX4 aren't what could be acceptable for a 8 lac rupee car.

Though I am buying the car, it's a not a car that made me want to own it or buy it. When I saw the Palio, it made me want to buy it, the SX4 doesn't evoke feelings of "I want to buy this car!" in you. But it's the features-price balance that Maruti-Suzuki got spot on and thats whats pushing the car out of showrooms.

Vitesse called me yesterday to tie up the remaining paperwork with Kotak Finance. This time it wasn't the salesguy calling and he maintained the official line from the showroom (delivery in 4 weeks) that delivery would be in the next 2 weeks (I booked the car on Sept 5). Considering the monsoon ravaged roads of Mumbai, I don't mind waiting till October mid for the car. Hopefully, the BMC will get working on the roads by then.

Last edited by amit : 25th September 2007 at 11:04.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 12:31   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Though I am buying the car, it's a not a car that made me want to own it or buy it. When I saw the Palio, it made me want to buy it, the SX4 doesn't evoke feelings of "I want to buy this car!" in you. But it's the features-price balance that Maruti-Suzuki got spot on and thats whats pushing the car out of showrooms.

Vitesse called me yesterday to tie up the remaining paperwork with Kotak Finance. This time it wasn't the salesguy calling and he maintained the official line from the showroom (delivery in 4 weeks) that delivery would be in the next 2 weeks (I booked the car on Sept 5). Considering the monsoon ravaged roads of Mumbai, I don't mind waiting till October mid for the car. Hopefully, the BMC will get working on the roads by then.

the SX4 does not strike an emotional chord. it is a terrific compromise, if i may use that term, and good VFM, but not much more than that. An for a vast majority, that, rightly so, is good enough.

As regards the delivery, Varun motors,the largest MUL dealer in Hyd, is giving ready delivery of the VXi and Zxi(cloth), with the leather version having a waiting of max 10 days! would have thought that Mumbai should be at least the same, if not better.
himanshugoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 12:54   #808
BHPian

Finally getting delivery tomm.
Car was booked exactly 2 months back. Dealer is Spectra-Borivali W.
Over the weekend will be doing a protection package and some acessories.
Have lined up a Dinitrol package which includes:-
Rust Prevention
Engine Wax
Exhaust Redresser
Sound Deadening
Paint Protection
This will be done AT the dinitrol workshop itself. A close friend of mine is a Mgr. of this particular division hence no skimping on products/coats

Acessories are:-

Seat Covers (fabric) with foam backing and base(white cloth) two colour combination. Custom stiched. They are being done from a guy in tardeo.Will post pics when installed.

Transperent rubber matting (full car including the boot) and then black place-mats(4)

Will post pics once its done.
arpandiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 13:30   #809
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I think driving position is a lot like looks of a car, it's subjective. Everyone has a different body structure and so different people will have varying degrees of comfort on the same seats. Besides, all of us already own a car and are used to the seats of our current car for a number of years. I don't think a test drive gives anyone enough time to decide if seating position is as good or better then our current vehicle.
Absolutely right... With the seat height adjuster and the steering wheel adjuster, it takes time before we get to a position that is easy to drive in. So it is difficult to judge during a test drive.

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 15:07   #810

Quote:
the SX4 does not strike an emotional chord. it is a terrific compromise, if i may use that term, and good VFM, but not much more than that. An for a vast majority, that, rightly so, is good enough.

As regards the delivery, Varun motors,the largest MUL dealer in Hyd, is giving ready delivery of the VXi and Zxi(cloth), with the leather version having a waiting of max 10 days! would have thought that Mumbai should be at least the same, if not better.
Well to disagree if i may.. going by the comments of all the SX4 owners who have commented in the over 50 pages.. it may be safe to comments that SX4 does strike a emotional chord. It seems a irrational comment to be made based on one test drive .. maybe on a ill maintained test drive car!
vishal_h is offline   Reply With Quote