Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2007, 19:48   #811
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 174
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
I was told by a dealer in chennai that the vxi being delivered these days come with body coloured mirrors and single CD mp3 player that comes in the Zxi.
Can anyone confirm that ?
Yes, that is correct. The VXi now comes with these as standard. The difference to the Zxi is only the safety features (ABS, Airbags), alloys and controls on the steering wheel. I'm wondering if that is worth the almost 1 lakh premium.
jaganm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 19:56   #812
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 174
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

The SX4 is an absolute VFM car, it is to the C-class, what the Santro is to the hatchback segment. But, if you look at the marketing, Maruti projects it as a chick magnet. I wonder if that's the reason for some people to be disappointed?
jaganm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 22:57   #813
BHPian
 
Venkatesh.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 261
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

since when did Chicks start falling for cars other than for maybe Porsche or Ferrrari or unless they find the car 'Cute'. Sparky and VW beetle qualify for this certificate.
No offence meant to the fairer sex. But cars are not Brad pitt as far as women are concerned. SX4 has a strong individuality in the fact that it stands out in a crowd of fiestas and aveos and NHCs. Its brawny at best.
So, no chick magnetism here. Maruti is trying to do a Bajaj here.
I guess Maruti should realise that most of their potential buyers are executives(Maybe we should hold a poll on this) than bachelors who want to woo the fairer sex with a car than their individual S.Appeal.
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 16:32   #814
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
Yes, that is correct. The VXi now comes with these as standard. The difference to the Zxi is only the safety features (ABS, Airbags), alloys and controls on the steering wheel. I'm wondering if that is worth the almost 1 lakh premium.
ABS+EBD, 2 Airbags, Climate control, Steering mounted audio controls, Keyless entry, bigger 16" tyres PLUS Alloys and I believe ZXi also gets height adjustable driver's seat and tilt adjustable steering. I am assuming VXi still retains the black door handles as opposed to body coloured ones with Zxi.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 17:52   #815
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
ABS+EBD, 2 Airbags, Climate control, Steering mounted audio controls, Keyless entry, bigger 16" tyres PLUS Alloys and I believe ZXi also gets height adjustable driver's seat and tilt adjustable steering. I am assuming VXi still retains the black door handles as opposed to body coloured ones with Zxi.
You are right. Actually we can start dedicated thread to discuss how SX4 Vxi compares with others, so much to discuss.

BTW, I really don't understand how much big is saving by not keeping body coloured door handles in lower variants !!!
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 18:30   #816
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
BTW, I really don't understand how much big is saving by not keeping body coloured door handles in lower variants !!!
I don't think it's about savings. It's more about differentiating visually between lower and top spec models. Just to make sure that the top end model looks more up market and luxurious.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 18:48   #817
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I don't think it's about savings. It's more about differentiating visually between lower and top spec models. Just to make sure that the top end model looks more up market and luxurious.
, but still I plain door handle looks good than the colored one.

Sometimes this door handle is not easy to open. Why can't they use the normal door handle like zen or santro which is easy to open.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 19:18   #818
BHPian
 
neoranjit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 588
Thanked: 191 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
You are right. Actually we can start dedicated thread to discuss how SX4 Vxi compares with others, so much to discuss.

BTW, I really don't understand how much big is saving by not keeping body coloured door handles in lower variants !!!
The Vxi now has body coloured handles. and not Black. IT also comes with Body coloured ORVMs.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 11:27   #819
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Maruti Suzuki has a circular out in newspapers today saying that they will pay interest at 24% p.a. starting from the 16 day after booking to the day the customer recieves a letter from the dealership with delivery date.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 11:42   #820
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 647
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Maruti Suzuki has a circular out in newspapers today saying that they will pay interest at 24% p.a. starting from the 16 day after booking to the day the customer recieves a letter from the dealership with delivery date.
Is there any online link to this? (Missed reading the newspaper today)
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 12:13   #821
BHPian
 
Venkatesh.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 261
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

They have said that they will pay 24% interest p.a from the 16th day of your booking. It means that they have resolved to fulfill all bookings within 15 days. They have set a very high penalty for themselves.
This applies to Swift as well. Good news and a very very good CBM from Maruti
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 12:32   #822
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Yes, it is really very good move to pay such high interest. I think they would have increased production by now.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 12:35   #823
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Have any of you gone through the last few pages of ACI where they have the complete list of all cars avaliable in India? In the SX4 section, they say you get MGA worth Rs. 22,500 free with all variants. Is that a good up? Certainly looks like one.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 12:52   #824
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 7
Thanked: Once
Default

Took the delivery of a new SX4 ZXi on friday. The posts in this forum helped a lot in making the decision. Thank you all.
The car is fantastic. I am having problems keeping it at speeds <60/hr.
caramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 13:25   #825
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Can you post the link Amit?
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Took the delivery of FORTUNER & Accent!!! caroholic1 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 35 31st August 2009 23:38
TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!) vivek.singh.73 The Indian Car Scene 108 27th July 2009 22:09
i10 took delivery and upgraded with new tyres and alloys jango Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 60 17th April 2009 18:35
Took delivery of my Verna CRDi and enjoying it, 300 km report diffsoft Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 5th March 2008 23:10
sx4 delivery issues sathya_nars Indian Car Dealerships 32 25th September 2007 12:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks