Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th September 2007, 15:25   #841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
and did you get the extra stuff?
Body colour mirrors, handles, MUL stereo?
Yes,he did.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 15:32   #842
BHPian

Default :(

Too bad. I missed the change by a few weeks. I thought I was lucky that the dealer offered MUL stereo free.
Is there something i can do? CAn I ask the dealer now? Will i look stupid if asked them to give me the BC Mirrors and handles free:(
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 15:42   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Have any of you gone through the last few pages of ACI where they have the complete list of all cars avaliable in India? In the SX4 section, they say you get MGA worth Rs. 22,500 free with all variants. Is that a good up? Certainly looks like one.
I saw the SX newspaper ad in Deccan chronicle, but nowhere it says MGA free accessories. In which newspaper you saw it.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 23:05   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I saw the SX newspaper ad in Deccan chronicle, but nowhere it says MGA free accessories. In which newspaper you saw it.
AutoCar India. It's probably a typo anyway.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 23:32   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
AutoCar India. It's probably a typo anyway.
Amen. 22500 free for SX4? Yuk Yuk..
ACI must be day dreaming . Maybe it is for the Long in tooth Accent.
Old 3rd October 2007, 20:26   #846
PAM

Hi everyone here! is any one updating ICE in SX4, I am expecting my delevery in 15days (hoping so...).
PAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 20:36   #847
BHPian

The only music I enjoy is the sweet neighs of the hundred odd horses under the hood.
Good luck with your delivery. Are u getting the Zxi? ensure you get Mats that fit the car and not some baleno/esteem stuff thrown in.
The Stock ICE fits so well in the dash that many wont have the heart to throw it out. Anyways, its your money . Good luck
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:44   #848
BHPian

Venkatesh,
Which mat did Khivraj gave you, esteem ? Because they gave me SX4. I was not sure whether it was SX4, but in one of the mat there was a label mentioned as "SX4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
The only music I enjoy is the sweet neighs of the hundred odd horses under the hood.
Good luck with your delivery. Are u getting the Zxi? ensure you get Mats that fit the car and not some baleno/esteem stuff thrown in.
The Stock ICE fits so well in the dash that many wont have the heart to throw it out. Anyways, its your money . Good luck
Old 4th October 2007, 08:24   #849
BHPian

For the convenience of enjoying the car by taking delivery within 10 days of launch, I think this is the price we pay - mats not fitting in.

Anyway I don't mind spending on it since it is worth. Did you guys buy it (if not free) from dealer or outside? How much did it cost?
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 10:06   #850
BHPian

I was given free mats. Was not even asked to buy it. The sales guy said.. dont worry about Mats we will give you those by default. Naturally I did not. It is only normal to expect to be provided mats that fit. I did not expect anything more than smelly rubber mats. But evn that did not fit.
God only knows from which cars these come. THe only imprint is on the boot mat and it says Maruti 1000 !!!!!
The rest dont have anything. Given their large sizes only two Maruti cars qualify the esteem and the Baleno. All said and done my first service is due and am getting ones that fit.
Here is another question. The sales guy told me not to do Under Chassis 3M rubber coating as the car comes with this by default and i can do this after two y ears. Is this so? My gut feel says the guy is bluffing and Maruti does not do U.C rubber coating by default. What say you folks? I have peeked at the chassis and its all whitish not blackish like when it has a coating.
only the wheel wells have some kinda coating in the areas not covered by the plastic skirting
I did a body polish and am not happy with it either. I'm going to do a proper 3M job U.C and body protectant finish this time around . What say you folks?

Last edited by Venkatesh.C : 4th October 2007 at 10:12.
Old 4th October 2007, 10:29   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4_2007 View Post
I would strongly recommend the same to all buyers "Do not pay anything other than booking amount till you get Chassis and Engine Number".
I would say "do not pay anything other than booking amount till the day car is delivered"
dilsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 11:13   #852
BHPian

Venkatesh,
I saw that my car has lost its shine a little bit. Need to do waxing. Tell me when you do it.
Old 4th October 2007, 12:58   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Venkatesh,
I saw that my car has lost its shine a little bit. Need to do waxing. Tell me when you do it.
hmm.. wax & polish.. i did it today.took 2.5 hrs from proper cleaning and drying to waxing and polish.. the paint is now like a mirror..can see through it
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 14:32   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
hmm.. wax & polish.. i did it today.took 2.5 hrs from proper cleaning and drying to waxing and polish.. the paint is now like a mirror..can see through it
Good. Did you do that or from the company ?
Old 4th October 2007, 15:30   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good. Did you do that or from the company ?
did it all myself.. pretty tired now :(..but happy with the shine.. neighbours envy!
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote