Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th October 2007, 14:51   #856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
hmm.. wax & polish.. i did it today.took 2.5 hrs from proper cleaning and drying to waxing and polish.. the paint is now like a mirror..can see through it
which products did you use? where can I get these from ?
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 15:51   #857
Senior - BHPian

Default SX4 sedan launched in Canada

The SX4 sedan has been launched in Canada . The car has a 2.0L 143hp engine for Canada.

A little confused though since wasn't the sedan going to be exclusively avaliable only in China and India?

Prices start at CAD 17,195 (Approx Rs. 6.82 lacs). A 4 speed A/T is a CAD 1100 (Rs.44000) option while for another $1800 (Rs. 70,000) you can get Steering mounted controls, Climate control, 6 CD stereo with 8 speakers, leather wrapped steering, fog lights, alloys, heated power mirrors, body kit and cruise control.

Add taxes and you can get a fully loaded 2.0L 143hp 4 speed A/T SX4 for about CAD 22,000-23,500 MSRP which is about Rs. 895,000. How do you think the VFM compares to the Indian version?

Check out the different design alloys, I think they look great in this SX4 Test drive by Canadian Driver.

PS: The reviewer calls the interiors "upscale" and says the SX4 Sport should be called SX4 Luxury! Maybe Suzuki improved the plastics quality for North America.

For more Info: Suzuki Canada.

Last edited by amit : 5th October 2007 at 15:53.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 16:29   #858
BHPian

Why do we pay more for less power & features. Is it because of Indian taxes or any other reason ?
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 16:41   #859
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The SX4 sedan has been launched in Canada . The car has a 2.0L 143hp engine for Canada.

A little confused though since wasn't the sedan going to be exclusively avaliable only in China and India?
Well, the SX4 sedan was supposed to be launched in US/Canada by early 2008. I guess they're having a deferred launch. According to the plan, very soon, it will also be launched in the Europe.

And everywhere its most probably the 2.0L and the 1.6.

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 18:34   #860
Senior - BHPian

Wasnt the SX4 already available in the US in saloon and hatchback versions?
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 18:38   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Wasnt the SX4 already available in the US in saloon and hatchback versions?
Suzuki has a minimal presence in the US---I was there for more than 3 months in 2005, and did not spot a single one, except in the International Car show at San Francisco. The models on display looked far inferior to the other products on display.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 18:47   #862
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Auto

Suzuki Auto

Links from the Suzuki US website.
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 21:53   #863
BHPian

Quote:
hmm.. wax & polish.. i did it today.took 2.5 hrs from proper cleaning and drying to waxing and polish.. the paint is now like a mirror..can see through it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
which products did you use? where can I get these from ?
Yes, I also want to do it. Please tell us which product you bought and how did you apply it (before final dry cloth clean or after)?
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 23:11   #864
Senior - BHPian

I used Formula 1 - Carnauba Wax (not the chinese made). I followed the steps as pointed under the 'direction of use' label i.e, wash the car dry (with MGA car shampoo), apply wax (1/3rd surface area at a time) and polished with a white cotton cloth (khadi).. pretty much that is..
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 23:21   #865
BHPian

Quote:
polished with a white cotton cloth (khadi).. pretty much that is..
That is back breaking work!! manual rubbing! I tried once and took 3 hours. The next day i found that there were still streaks of polish that had not been removed off. I felt frustrated and from then onwards I always went to the workshop and had it polished for 500 bucks. Same two hours and much better results
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 23:31   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
That is back breaking work!! manual rubbing! I tried once and took 3 hours. The next day i found that there were still streaks of polish that had not been removed off. I felt frustrated and from then onwards I always went to the workshop and had it polished for 500 bucks. Same two hours and much better results
that's true..quite some manual work..but just loves the way the paint shines after rubbing the wax off..for me, its a very statisfying feeling..besides, I don't trust local workshop for normal wash and waxing - they land up doing more mess than good to the car
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 23:43   #867
BHPian

I ensure i dont drop off the car. I stay there and watch the car waxed away to glory. I wish i could buy those motor thingies they use to polish. I'm told they cost at least 10 grand. Is that so?
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 11:04   #868

SX4 looks a good choice for sure! Congrats and keep us posted on how things go with your car?
deepakraina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 14:57   #869

Default Delivery Of SX4

Well guys i do not know about the long waiting period of such other stuff, but i definitely did get my Silky Silver ZXi SX4 delivered in a week, it took them 3 days to get it registered since it was 2nd October. Am now a proud owner of SX4, would like to modify my ICE but the nippon HU is so well integrated in the dashboard that i do not intend to remove it, I am also not sure if i can attach a 4 channel amplifier and play all my speakers thru the ampli and also use a Woofer. Help or anyone who has done some modifications on their ICE with photos will be really helpful

BUT I LOVE THE CAR AND THE BEST THING IS THE ABS guys believe me this is a amazing piece of technology
nilesh111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 18:19   #870
BHPian

How does the wax look like, semi solid. I saw one of them, kind of sprayer. It says car wax - get wet looking shine. Just spray it and rub. Is that good ?
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote