Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th October 2007, 19:34   #886
BHPian

Agree. Gear shift is quite good. Just that it appears to have a two step or motion action - top to middle & then middle to down or either way. do not be in a hurry to shift the gear lever at super fast action - doing it gradually makes it smooth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Gear change is bad? Thats very unusual. SX4 is one of hte few Maruti vehicles with a good gear shift. Maybe there is a problem. Have it checked out. The only Known issue is with the non-syncro reverse

F.E. is more than 10? Thats good. I get only 9.5 or lesser always with AC and purely city driving
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 10:04   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi folks,
My current gear change is worse than my bolero.
No that is not the case but it is very tight for first 300 kms. Really hard that I felt pain in left hand but improved with time and now very very smooth. Just push it holding by fingures.
Quote:
F.E in city is 10.3 with non-aggressive driving.
That's correct for first tank full fuel. You will be on same way of mine. I mean on way to 12+ KMPL in city after run-in
Quote:
Hope this change will improve both.
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 10:53   #888
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
No that is not the case but it is very tight for first 300 kms. Really hard that I felt pain in left hand but improved with time and now very very smooth. Just push it holding by fingures.

That's correct for first tank full fuel. You will be on same way of mine. I mean on way to 12+ KMPL in city after run-in

Hi,
I have done 2900 kms and finished my first service a month back!!!!!!!
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 17:22   #889

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNP View Post
I have been experiencing the following problem with my SX4 ZXI since the day I got it(3 weeks back). While driving in 3rd gear if I keep my hand on the gearstick and press the accelerator the gearstick vibrates. When I do not press the accelerator it does not vibrate. Note that I have a habit of keeping my left hand on the gear shaft. I have not experienced this problem in any other gear.

Just wondering is anyone else has faced a similar problem. I am planning to get it rectified during my 1st Service.

I have been facing a similar problem, the gear stick vibrates in 3rd gear only. though not always. This is persisting even after the 1st servic. Plan to take it to MASS for cheking.
vishal_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 00:05   #890
BHPian

Default SX4 cabin Air filter

Does SX4 in India has in-cabin filter, The car in US has and I was wondering that I can get this filter from US if it is not fitted in India. I guess there is a place for it under gloves box.
Any information is appriciated.
strips007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 00:32   #891
BHPian

What is the function of this in-cabin filter? is this just to filter the dust off pure air
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 10:14   #892
BHPian

Default Oops!

Quote:
Hi,
I have done 2900 kms and finished my first service a month back!!!!!!!
Then you need to rush for checkup, (I mean SX4). Or sometime mechanics are crap. I changed my service to another center after finding later is really doing job better. And though it was not part of free service they happily entertained me and given good results about clutch judder and suspeted rattle in windshield(previous guy). But that was wire from map reading lamp(later guy) and fixed.

And too add, all this free of cost.

Last edited by omishra : 18th October 2007 at 10:15.
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 10:57   #893
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Then you need to rush for checkup, (I mean SX4). Or sometime mechanics are crap. I changed my service to another center after finding later is really doing job better. And though it was not part of free service they happily entertained me and given good results about clutch judder and suspeted rattle in windshield(previous guy). But that was wire from map reading lamp(later guy) and fixed.

And too add, all this free of cost.
Hi,
Got the baby after clutch replacement ,now no shudder and it pulls clean witout a jerk!
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 14:03   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
What is the function of this in-cabin filter? is this just to filter the dust off pure air
The function of in-cabin filter to filter outside air coming into the cabin, to filter dust, pollen, particulate, etc.

If you download SX4 owners manual for suzuki's US website, it gives you detail of cabin-air filter.
strips007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 18:21   #895
BHPian

Oh, then it does not exist in the desi version or the manual at least does not mention it.
Old 18th October 2007, 18:58   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep
Got the baby after clutch replacement ,now no shudder and it pulls clean witout a jerk!
Premature clutch wear in a "Made in Japan" engine?
Bad Suzuki Bad!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 22:04   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strips007 View Post
The function of in-cabin filter to filter outside air coming into the cabin, to filter dust, pollen, particulate, etc.

If you download SX4 owners manual for suzuki's US website, it gives you detail of cabin-air filter.
It is very much needed in India rather than in U.S. as due to pollution.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 22:08   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Premature clutch wear in a "Made in Japan" engine?
Bad Suzuki Bad!
It is not a premature clutch wear. The clutch problem was identified by Maruti and it replaced all the vehicles which was delivered in the initial batch.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 10:30   #899
PAM

Smile

Got delivery on Saptami "Navratra", yesterday spent my whole day in grey market, got fixed seat covers fixed in 6 k, looking like company fitted. Spoiler with light 2 k . Parking Sensors with LCD panel... first they fitted RVM display which was giving confused reflection, so after watching continous for 10 secs one can get a headache so changed display panel, now display is clear and sharp.
PAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 21:15   #900
BHPian

PAM, post some snaps dude.