Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd October 2007, 10:20   #901
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, I got delivery of my car yesterday .
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:27   #902
BHPian

Congrats Amit. Welcome to the club
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:30   #903
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new drive, what was your waiting period and which colour ??.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Hey guys, I got delivery of my car yesterday .
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:50   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Congrats on your new drive, what was your waiting period and which colour ??.
Waiting period: Approx 45 days. Car booked on September 3 Delivered on October 21.

Colour: Midnight Black.
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:52   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Waiting period: Approx 45 days. Car booked on September 3 Delivered on October 21.

Colour: Midnight Black.

Congrats Amit, finally got it delivered!! Happy and safe driving!

Keep us posted about your experience.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:42   #906

Hi guys, got my S.Silver SX4 zxi on this 20th :-)

Have a couple of doubts...

1) Does the car come fitted with a burgler alarm (security system) with vibration sensors or is iCATS the only stand alone system. I can't get the alarm to fire with vibration (soft knocking on the body), attempted opening the doors with a friends 'swift' keys ( by inserting it in the key hole of the door) ....all this when my car is locked & armed using the supplied remote. Can you please give me the operational details of this system.

2) There is no (basic) Tool Kit in my car ( except the wheel wrench, jack & jack rod ). Upon enquiring with my dealer he said the car does'nt come with one. Can someone please confirm this for me.
dr.dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 19:24   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.dre View Post
There is no (basic) Tool Kit in my car ( except the wheel wrench, jack & jack rod ). Upon enquiring with my dealer he said the car does'nt come with one. Can someone please confirm this for me.
I was told the same thing by my dealer. SX4 owners, please update us.
Old 22nd October 2007, 22:46   #908
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
@Amit: Congrats and hope you have as much fun as you had with Palio.

Reg, toolkit: Same here... I was given no toolkit other than the standard one. What i followed was a checklist by Maruti and made sure I got each one of them.

Guys taking new delivery, make sure you have a small box which should act like an ash tray. Its removable and I had missed it during my delivery. And this one is not in the checklist.

Vinay
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:42   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Its actually funny! There is a empty space (supposedly for ToolBox) in the left corner of boot below the warning triangle. No one has any toolbox to speak of, only a simple wrench.

Its as if Maruti doesnt want owners to DIY anything.
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:10   #910
BHPian

i Have had three Marutis and none of them had a toolkit. So, i did not miss it in the SX4. Even my Santro has a basic toolkit.
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:46   #911

well i dont know about the waiting period but i got my Silver ZXi in 4 days, Maybe the payment on 1st October and got the gar on 4 Oct. A mindblowing car with bad really bad interiors, FE was around 15 on highway biy in City it came down to 9-10kmpl
nilesh111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:46   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.dre View Post
Hi guys, got my S.Silver SX4 zxi on this 20th :-)

Have a couple of doubts...

1) Does the car come fitted with a burgler alarm (security system) with vibration sensors or is iCATS the only stand alone system. I can't get the alarm to fire with vibration (soft knocking on the body), attempted opening the doors with a friends 'swift' keys ( by inserting it in the key hole of the door) ....all this when my car is locked & armed using the supplied remote. Can you please give me the operational details of this system.
Guys,

I have a serious problem with ICATS system of my sx4. When I unlock , open the door , close the door, and then my car is never locked automatically. Many times it happened. Sometimes I went for shopping and forgot to unlock my car. When I came back it is in "unlock" mode. Somebody could have easily went inside and could have taken away my ipod , CDs and other stuff. I enquired with maruti dealer , they are saying that it was designed like that and they can not do anything...

Did anyone of u facing the same? What is the solution to this.. ?
dilsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:24   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsoft View Post
Guys,

Sometimes I went for shopping and forgot to unlock my car. When I came back it is in "unlock" mode. Somebody could have easily went inside and could have taken away my ipod , CDs and other stuff. I enquired with maruti dealer , they are saying that it was designed like that and they can not do anything...

Did anyone of u facing the same? What is the solution to this.. ?
Please read the above as " forgot to lock my car". sorry for typo.

So when I forgot to lock it , I came back and pressed "unlock" button on the remote, then there was no response because the car was aleady in unlock mode..
dilsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:28   #914
BHPian

Well there is this 'Passive locking' mode that can auto lock itself after you have removed the key and 30 secs have lapsed after all the doors have shut(or something similar). But its a double edged sword.
The best thing to do is to Remember to LOCK
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:12   #915

Default 700+ KMS SX4 Report

Hi All,

Here is the report of 700 KM of SX4... I did get my SX4 on 23rd of last month after a wait period of 3 months...I did go for Azure Grey

There are many good qualities but some of the issues that i am facing are

1) In the 2nd gear the clutch is very rusty..it makes jerky movments
2) The AC is working crazy..Some times its too cold at times it just works as blower
3) In the top gear at 100 KM/ hour i noticed that the clutch is very vibrant
4) The front glass wiper sprayer does not spray water properly..i mean the pressure in the water is very less and its not reaching half way of the front glas
5) At the rear glass all time mist is clogged..this is not providing me clear visibility

One good thing is that with all time ac I am getting roughly about 11 KM per liter. Hoping to see improvement after first service

Please let me know if you have any solutions for the same. Thanks in advance guys.

VJ
vijucg is offline   Reply With Quote