Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th October 2007, 15:15   #961
VBV
BHPian

Well, I for one am not missing the illumination on the steering remote controls. They are meant to be used without shifting the eyes from the windshield. And I use them accordingly. So it does not matter to me if the time is night or day, the remote controls are still good w/o illumination.

Just my humble opinion...

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 17:10   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Well, I for one am not missing the illumination on the steering remote controls. They are meant to be used without shifting the eyes from the windshield. And I use them accordingly. So it does not matter to me if the time is night or day, the remote controls are still good w/o illumination.

Just my humble opinion...

VBV
I second that
Without looking at steering controls and button on RHS doors, I am able to use all of them. Why you need to see those?. While in drivers seat it can be used blindfolded (I can give demo).
(limited only to use of these buttons, please don't extend this blindfold to driving)

Last edited by omishra : 29th October 2007 at 17:11.
omishra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 17:51   #963
BHPian

Does anyone know if the engines for the SX4 are still imported? While taking delivery, the salesman mentioned that engines would be made in india only after a new plant came up...
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 19:12   #964
BHPian

I did ask about the suspension issue with my service advisor. He said thats not on while he admitted that the Clutch replacement is happening and owners are being called up for replacement.
Guys, is there anywhere i can call up to find out if my car is in the clutch replacement batch? My car is company registered and I'm afraid maybe Maruti would have tried to reach some john doe in my office thereby bypassing me from the loop.
So let me know if i can figure this one out some other way
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 19:21   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
I did ask about the suspension issue with my service advisor. He said thats not on while he admitted that the Clutch replacement is happening and owners are being called up for replacement.
Guys, is there anywhere i can call up to find out if my car is in the clutch replacement batch? My car is company registered and I'm afraid maybe Maruti would have tried to reach some john doe in my office thereby bypassing me from the loop.
So let me know if i can figure this one out some other way
E-mail Maruti. They have a list of Chassis Nos. which require component replacement.
Btw, if your first service is done and your car does come in that batch, it would have been replaced. You can check this in your first service receipt. It would show an expense of about 1800 covered in warranty over and above the charges for Oil Change etc.
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 10:33   #966
BHPian

I see. I have done my first service and I did bring this up when bringing in the vehicle for service. The advisor only told me that Maruti/someone else will call up and notify me to bring it in for a clutch replacement. I thought it was a separate process. If you are saying that they would have anyway done it during the service if necessary and it is not strictly necessary for them to bring it up to my notice, then I can rest easy Thanks
Old 30th October 2007, 10:38   #967
BHPian

Default Backlit switches

I agree that one does not have to take ones eyes off the road to use these switches. But the fact is that backlighting helps \homing into the switches easier in addition to making the cabin look livelier (aesthetics). This is not about Illumination in at all. Many of the upmarket cars i have noticed have backlit switches and knobs too! In fact smaller switches need illumination big ones like AC dial and others may be dont.
A VW i had used to have backlighting for door handles(inside ones of course )
Old 31st October 2007, 09:33   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
I agree that one does not have to take ones eyes off the road to use these switches. But the fact is that backlighting helps \homing into the switches easier in addition to making the cabin look livelier (aesthetics). This is not about Illumination in at all. Many of the upmarket cars i have noticed have backlit switches and knobs too! In fact smaller switches need illumination big ones like AC dial and others may be dont.
A VW i had used to have backlighting for door handles(inside ones of course )
Placing radium stripe stickers in the switches will glow in the night.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 09:34   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Does anyone know if the engines for the SX4 are still imported? While taking delivery, the salesman mentioned that engines would be made in india only after a new plant came up...
When I asked the dealer, they say that the engine are not imported, may be some parts are imported and assembled here.
Old 31st October 2007, 09:40   #970
BHPian

I'm planning to install sun film. would like to go for Garware or LLumar. Which one is good
Garware- 3500
LLumar - 4500
Old 31st October 2007, 14:49   #971
BHPian

LLumar is good imho.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 23:57   #972
BHPian

Today I checked the mileage again using auto-cut method, which was impressive.

I got 13 kmpl with 100% AC in City (112.2 Km / 8.62 Ltr = 13.01) with the following gear ratios.
0-10 - 1st gear
10-20 - 2nd
20-40 - 3rd
40-50 - 4th
>50 - 5th
Old 1st November 2007, 01:23   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I'm planning to install sun film. would like to go for Garware or LLumar. Which one is good
Garware- 3500
LLumar - 4500
You may also consider 3M. Out of these two, I'd suggest Llumar.

P.S: Please multi-quote and edit your posts rather than multiple posting. Thanks
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 09:45   #974
BHPian

Quote:

I got 13 kmpl with 100% AC in City (112.2 Km / 8.62 Ltr = 13.01) with the following gear ratios.
0-10 - 1st gear
10-20 - 2nd
20-40 - 3rd
40-50 - 4th
>50 - 5th
Yes YES YEEESSSS...
That's I too claim. But little less, i.e. 12.5+ in city with exact same gears/speed bands. And couple of times ~12.9 too (100%AC, normal fuel). I take average after tank full-full around ~500 km driving (and it varies 38-40liters)
omishra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 09:55   #975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

0-10 - 1st gear
10-20 - 2nd
20-40 - 3rd
40-50 - 4th
>50 - 5th
that's pretty impressive.. I used to get that much initially, but with Metro construction going on MG road, commuting to Gurgoan from Delhi is a nightmare during office hours.. traffic harldy moves :( ..landed up with 1-2-3 gears most of the time.. I got around 11 kmpl from the last top-up.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote