Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st November 2007, 10:40   #976
BHPian

Cool you guys. I have so far not averaged anything more than 9.5 if it is strictly city runs and zero 5th gear runs
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 22:48   #977
BHPian

I got an invite from Maurti for an SX4 treasure hunt here in Chennai @ Le Meridien. Sx4 bretheren? Are you all game for 8am on Sunday?
Old 2nd November 2007, 10:30   #978
BHPian

Last month I got an invitation from Khivraj for Alumni meet at Boat Club. They gave free gift to everyone.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 10:32   #979
BHPian

This one is supposed to be a treasure hunt. God knows what it is about. All i know for sure is that there is a 'Free Lunch'. Now I know there is no such thing called a free lunch. So, I really wonder what Maruti is upto with this so called treasure hunt. They have already bagged us as customers and what are they gaining by doing this Promo kinda stuff??
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:58   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
This one is supposed to be a treasure hunt. God knows what it is about. All i know for sure is that there is a 'Free Lunch'. Now I know there is no such thing called a free lunch. So, I really wonder what Maruti is upto with this so called treasure hunt. They have already bagged us as customers and what are they gaining by doing this Promo kinda stuff??
Probably to show that there are too many SX4 customers . Only way to show that is to get all of them and put them on road in one shot.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 19:09   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Probably to show that there are too many SX4 customers . Only way to show that is to get all of them and put them on road in one shot.
It seems to be a good trick.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 10:53   #982
BHPian

Something like a flag march or what ?
Old 3rd November 2007, 13:27   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cool you guys. I have so far not averaged anything more than 9.5 if it is strictly city runs and zero 5th gear runs
Came across this phrase from a friend "where have all the men gone" - to repair their SX4s'

PS: All Sx4 owners ..take it as a joke.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 15:30   #984
Senior - BHPian

One of our neighbours which is an all women household bought the NHC over the SX4 because they found the SX4 too manly
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 12:18   #985
BHPian

Yeah? it is indeed LOUD. i don't know about Manly.. but is not the SX4 tag line like 'Men are back'?
Yeah NHC is something women will drive. Some vehicles "I" found to be unsuitable if a woman (girly types especially). Like the Bolero, Safari, Ambassador, Sumo, Innova, Enfield Bullet, Qualis and SX4 of course to name af few.
Old 4th November 2007, 12:55   #986

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAM View Post
Got delivery on Saptami "Navratra", yesterday spent my whole day in grey market, got fixed seat covers fixed in 6 k, looking like company fitted. Spoiler with light 2 k . Parking Sensors with LCD panel... first they fitted RVM display which was giving confused reflection, so after watching continous for 10 secs one can get a headache so changed display panel, now display is clear and sharp.

hey pam
where in bombay did you get the parking sensors and how much did it cost you.......... can we get parking sensors fitted without drilling holes on the bumpers.........
anish1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 17:12   #987
BHPian

I doubt if you can fit parking sensors without drilling holes in the bumper. Dont be concerned about drilling. But ensure that your sensors get fitted with body coloured stickers. Otherwise they stick out like a sore thumb. ALso there are a few types of reverse parking sesnors. TV camera types, rear view mirrror with bar indicator types and MGA type single bar indicator on the A pillar types. So far i found the in-rear view mirror bar indicator type RPS to be good (check out Gopinath's pics for samples).
Old 7th November 2007, 22:16   #988
PAM

Default Parking Sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish1982 View Post
hey pam
where in bombay did you get the parking sensors and how much did it cost you.......... can we get parking sensors fitted without drilling holes on the bumpers.........
Yes Anish, Venkatesh is right without drilling the bumper parking sensors installation is not possible (as far as I know). I paid 3,750/- for rvm display, but later I replaced with LCD Panel, I would say its a must for SX4.
PAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2007, 13:20   #989

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAM View Post
Yes Anish, Venkatesh is right without drilling the bumper parking sensors installation is not possible (as far as I know). I paid 3,750/- for rvm display, but later I replaced with LCD Panel, I would say its a must for SX4.
Hi pam,

can we have the pics for the lcd panel......... and where you got it from and price............. i will have to get the same done..........

i have and esteem and an alto, so will take time to get the judgement as this is a real big car, i dont want any scratches but cant say anything with these auto walas............ chuhas (mouse)...........
anish1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2007, 22:30   #990
BHPian

Quote:
So! Where are the pics? Was it fun?
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote