Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th November 2007, 20:36   #991
BHPian

Hihee.. I did not go. I returned the previous day (Sat) from office at 2 past midnight and woke up pretty late. Guess NEORANJIT was the only guy to make it. NEO post some pics man. Brother is asking for dough.
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 18:03   #992
BHPian

Need to get a parking sensor installed asap. The driver has already had a few close shaves. Options per Maruti dealer are:

1) MGA P1 - 2 sensors with sound and interior audible alarm and Rs.2900
2) MGA P2 - 4 sensors with sound and distance reading and Rs.3900
3) Xenos - 4 sensors and bar distance reading (Like Gopinathans) - Rs.2200
I would think the Xenos one is the best but I want a super clean install and no warranty to be voided.

Gopinathan - Are there any wires that can be seen in your install (The kit had some massive thick ones). Where do they hide them? Roof Lining? Is it a nice clean job?

Also the distance reading - I don't care for much as the purpose is that I just want saftey backup which the audible one does quite well. Please let me know which is the best option? Again - just want a super clean install and it should look nicely integrated in the car.

Last edited by vcash : 12th November 2007 at 18:06.
vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 19:50   #993
BHPian

Hey vcash, i use the same xenos sensor and it was a dealer job for me. Install is clean. I even got body coloured sensor stickers where some people got only black sensors . No wires visible. even the rear view mirror wiring is pretty chic. I dont know where they hide them. I cant find them. so it is good enough
Bar reading helps and 4 Sensors is a must. especially with two bars indicating which side the obstacle is.
The bar sensors works wonders as a backup option. Saved me quite a few times. Screams even if there is a plant obstructing the path. At least it draws your attention and we can decide whether its a harmless plant or a rod that is about to shave off some paint.
But all sensors only work till theobject is in front. The moment you get TOO close (that isyou are about to hit it) the sensors cannot see it and stop warning.
This works 99.999% of the time. Worthy investmnet
Old 12th November 2007, 20:47   #994
BHPian

Like venkatesh said, it is worth spending on it and many times it helped me to avoid scratches whenever I park in my house. Very useful. The Xenos mirror is clipped in front of the existing rear view mirror and I can see the wiring from the mirror to roof, apart that you don't have any idea how that has been taken.

Venkatesh, where did you get the sensor stickers, can I get a copper color sticker ?
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 22:46   #995
BHPian

I did not even ask for the stickers. When Khivraj did it they automatically put in b.c.stickers.
Old 15th November 2007, 12:42   #996
Senior - BHPian

The picture below is of the Canadian spec SX4 sedan. Couple of things are different on the inside compared to the Indian SX4.

1. The stereo is different from the one we get. Ours looks better although the Canadian spec gets 6 CD one.

2. The dash is all black. Looks better IMO.

3. Steering gets cruise control functions on it alongwith audio controls

4. Standard features include 6 airbags!

amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 21:03   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The picture below is of the Canadian spec SX4 sedan. Couple of things are different on the inside compared to the Indian SX4.

1. The stereo is different from the one we get. Ours looks better although the Canadian spec gets 6 CD one.

2. The dash is all black. Looks better IMO.

3. Steering gets cruise control functions on it alongwith audio controls

4. Standard features include 6 airbags!

Too good, I liked especially 6 CD.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 18:20   #998
BHPian

Added wooden finish from autographix.
[img=http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8617/dsc02881xm9.th.jpg]

Windows mobile with built-in GPS
[img=http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4931/dsc02882br2.th.jpg]
Old 30th November 2007, 09:40   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Oh boy, you are adding more spice to the MAN. I liked both, what was cost?

Wooden finish definitely makes interior fancy and cool. Keep us posted about ur experience with GPS, epsecially when you go out of city limits.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 10:48   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Also look at redsoul.

Anyone aware of authorised dealers/fitters for Xenos/redsoul around jayanagar area, bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Need to get a parking sensor installed asap. The driver has already had a few close shaves. Options per Maruti dealer are:

1) MGA P1 - 2 sensors with sound and interior audible alarm and Rs.2900
2) MGA P2 - 4 sensors with sound and distance reading and Rs.3900
3) Xenos - 4 sensors and bar distance reading (Like Gopinathans) - Rs.2200
I would think the Xenos one is the best but I want a super clean install and no warranty to be voided.

Gopinathan - Are there any wires that can be seen in your install (The kit had some massive thick ones). Where do they hide them? Roof Lining? Is it a nice clean job?

Also the distance reading - I don't care for much as the purpose is that I just want saftey backup which the audible one does quite well. Please let me know which is the best option? Again - just want a super clean install and it should look nicely integrated in the car.

Last edited by dadu : 30th November 2007 at 10:50.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 11:04   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Oh boy, you are adding more spice to the MAN. I liked both, what was cost?

Wooden finish definitely makes interior fancy and cool. Keep us posted about ur experience with GPS, epsecially when you go out of city limits.
The wooden finish costs 1000.

The HTC 3300 costs 21000, excellent device. HTC gives Mapking software to use GPS navigation and one map free (I selected chennai). However when using Mapking it showed off road and there is a general comment that Mapking maps are not accurate. I tried Google maps which was very accurate, reason being it uses both Satellites and Mobile towers to find out the exact place. Even if there is no satellites available it can use the mobile towers to approximately point out the current location. But to use Google maps you need to have WAP enabled on your mobile as the maps are downloaded real time. I will give more updates on google maps later.
Old 1st December 2007, 12:48   #1002
BHPian

Wow. GPS in Chennai!!! Unbelievable. Congrats dude. Post a video sometime.
Hope it does not ask you to turn into One-ways
Old 1st December 2007, 17:15   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Apologize to sound like a killjoy, but stripes and wooden finish dash just doesnt gel!

Stripes deserve Carbon Fiber IMHO.

Last edited by sids911 : 1st December 2007 at 17:18.
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 23:13   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Wow. GPS in Chennai!!! Unbelievable. Congrats dude. Post a video sometime.
Hope it does not ask you to turn into One-ways
The free Google map is very precise. It exactly shows the current location whether you are in the left or right side of the road (so precise). But the freeware doesn't give turn by turn navigation and routing doesn't shows well. I will try to put a video later.
Old 2nd December 2007, 22:38   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Apologize to sound like a killjoy, but stripes and wooden finish dash just doesnt gel!

Stripes deserve Carbon Fiber IMHO.
Guess Gopi had the stripes removed or so he told me.