Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd December 2007, 11:18   #1006

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Hey guys, got my first service done at 550km odo from Mondovi B'lore! [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Engine oil and oil filter changed, Bill = Rs 824/-.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Problems reported, [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Symbol][SIZE=3][/SIZE] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Gear shift lever vibration in 3rd gear slot - rectified.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Symbol][SIZE=3][/SIZE] [/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Acceleration lag - was told that it's not a malfunction, but due to the fly-by-wire system. ( I consider this a flaw, it shouldn't be there no matter what the system )[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Fuel efficiency (full tank auto cut-off, shell)= 11.13km/L, 100% Bangalore City Traffic, 60%- 70% AC, always within 2000rpm, with as sedate a driving the city traffic allowed.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]My car is still in absolute stock condition, am looking at getting a metalized sun film with 50% transparency all around (except front) & a good reverse assist system. Have zeroed in on Llumar & Xenos respectively![/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Impressions from Multiple test drive runs & ownership so far: [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']This is Good value for money car which comes to life on [/FONT][COLOR=black][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']open stretch[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'], a dream to drive on open highways! The engine comes to life after 2000rpm, addictive between 2500-4250rpms, with that killer note!!! + [/FONT][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Good brakes. All said and done, visibility is an issues on this car, esp., the wide split A-pillar and the resulting side view mirror placement (esp., the left). Also NVH, needs improvement.[/FONT]
dr.dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 10:30   #1007
Senior - BHPian

SX4 owners who have had their third gear vibrations rectified, can you please tell me what the service guys did to set it right? S.K.Maruti here says it's common on SX4's and nothing can be done about it.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 12:31   #1008
BHPian

Let me ask my dealer. AFAIK, they changed clutch plate and pressure plate (or something).
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 20:22   #1009

Is Maruti planning to give any festive offer on SX4 this month? Anybody has got any info regarding that? I am planning to book my SX4 this month.. :-)
anil.mats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 20:51   #1010
BHPian

After several months still I don't see much of SX4, Maruti has decreased the waiting period, but still less SX4. Do you guys see more SX4s ?
When I am going to see lots of SX4 like honda city and fiesta.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 21:03   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
After several months still I don't see much of SX4, Maruti has decreased the waiting period, but still less SX4. Do you guys see more SX4s ?
You have to wait sometime for this becuase maruti is planning to increase the Production capacity soon....... Currently its only around 3000.
saabasheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 08:29   #1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
SX4 owners who have had their third gear vibrations rectified, can you please tell me what the service guys did to set it right? S.K.Maruti here says it's common on SX4's and nothing can be done about it.
I should have asked . The problem has been rectified to the extent that its substantially reduced now but still not the same as in other gear possitions. The vibrations can be felt now only if look for it!
If this helps;When i reported the gear lever vibration in 3rd gear position during the first service they wrote "3rd gear grinding" in the job card!
Old 5th December 2007, 09:10   #1013

I have been experiencing occasional electric shock from the front left (passenger) door.Just curious to know, has anyone experienced this in your car. I reported this to the service, and was told that they have received a circular on this from the company and are awaiting their instruction on how to rectify this issue.
Old 5th December 2007, 09:42   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.dre View Post
I have been experiencing occasional electric shock from the front left (passenger) door.Just curious to know, has anyone experienced this in your car. I reported this to the service, and was told that they have received a circular on this from the company and are awaiting their instruction on how to rectify this issue.
If you only feel it for a fraction of a second then it is static discharge. Normally happens more during the winter months than any other. Also happens more on new vehicles than on old vehicles.

But if you feel it for a longer time then there is something wrong with the electricals.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 14:25   #1015
Senior - BHPian

In my car, I can feel slight vibrations in my hands when I place them on the gear lever. The gear lever does not vibrate. Do all SX4's have that little bit of vibration present through the third gear?
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 14:57   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
In my car, I can feel slight vibrations in my hands when I place them on the gear lever. The gear lever does not vibrate. Do all SX4's have that little bit of vibration present through the third gear?
Yes. And vibration is quite intermittent. No big deal, till the lever itself vibrates IMO.
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 18:28   #1017

Quote:
I travel from Trivandrum to Cochin (and back) once in a fortnight in bus. Usually I sleep in the bus, but last week I kept myself awake just to count the SX4s I encounter. I could see only 2 SX4s , whereas Citys and Fiestas are in abundance (especially after Maruti started giving ads on SX4...ofcource ford and honda started giving ads to counter Maruti).
anil.mats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 13:30   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Please come to Bangalore. You can see heck of a lot of SX4's here. I see a sudden increase after Diwali.

Balaji.
balaji_n29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 13:36   #1019
BHPian

THere are quite a few of them now. It seems to increase every week. I see at least 5 SX4s every day ever 5 kilometers .
City has been around for 5 years now ? Not sure. I guess its too much to expect the sx4 to dethrone a Honda. But lets see what happens
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 14:44   #1020
BHPian

Have any of you guys tried 'transparent mat'? Is it good? Planning to get one, till then the dealer didn't have stocks - at least whenever I asked him.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote