Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th December 2007, 20:05   #1021
BHPian

Default Seems good so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Have any of you guys tried 'transparent mat'? Is it good? Planning to get one, till then the dealer didn't have stocks - at least whenever I asked him.
Yes I am using it for last 5 months, no problem. specially the point that its totally washable.
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 06:43   #1022

Last week I walked in to one of the Maruti Dealers here in Trivandrum to ask about the availability of accessories. I was particulary interested in knowing about the skirting for SX4. I was surprised to hear that they actualy have the skirting kit. This is the first time I am hearing about the availability of it....I have been following TB SX4 threads closely...but never saw anybody mentioning that it is available somewhere....I asked for the prices...They said, since MG skirting would very expensive people will be reluctant to take it. So maruti has tie up some other company to supply body kits without making warranty void (there is no warranty for the body kit, but the car's warranty will not be void even if we fit it)....They said this one is also poly urene (i think MG body kit is also the same).....well to the prices, he said, it would cost me 32k for the entire kit (front+back+side skirts + rear spoiler)...with additional 5k for painting.....

I am wondering whether Maruti has got such a tie up with so-and-so (forgot the name ) company...Anybody has got any info on that???
anil.mats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 09:00   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars
Have any of you guys tried 'transparent mat'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Yes I am using it for last 5 months, no problem. specially the point that its totally washable.
. The transparent mat was given to me as free accessory. At the time of delivery, i did not realize there were other types - lucky. Not only easy to wash, but also it does not slip.
sreenidhibr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 11:03   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil.mats View Post
Last week I walked in to one of the Maruti Dealers here in Trivandrum to ask about the availability of accessories. I was particulary interested in knowing about the skirting for SX4. I was surprised to hear that they actualy have the skirting kit. This is the first time I am hearing about the availability of it....I have been following TB SX4 threads closely...but never saw anybody mentioning that it is available somewhere....I asked for the prices...They said, since MG skirting would very expensive people will be reluctant to take it. So maruti has tie up some other company to supply body kits without making warranty void (there is no warranty for the body kit, but the car's warranty will not be void even if we fit it)....They said this one is also poly urene (i think MG body kit is also the same).....well to the prices, he said, it would cost me 32k for the entire kit (front+back+side skirts + rear spoiler)...with additional 5k for painting.....

I am wondering whether Maruti has got such a tie up with so-and-so (forgot the name ) company...Anybody has got any info on that???
I think someone in TBHP got rear spoiler or so, not full kit, think it was done outside not with MG.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 11:38   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
So maruti has tie up some other company to supply body kits without making warranty void (there is no warranty for the body kit, but the car's warranty will not be void even if we fit it)....They said this one is also poly urene (i think MG body kit is also the same).....well to the prices, he said, it would cost me 32k for the entire kit (front+back+side skirts + rear spoiler)...with additional 5k for painting.....

I have been following up with Maruti on E-mail about their accessories for ZXi, and according to their statements, only the door sill guard has been launched. Other accessories mentioned in brochure have not been launched.
This dealer must be installing non-MGA skirtings.
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 16:03   #1026
BHPian

Quote:

I also planned to pur skirting and enquired the dealer, he told that MGA spoilers are unbreakable so it won't tear off even if it hit potholes, however I think they get the kit with some thirdparty and paint it. He gave a quotation around 25k. One dealer told that it comes as a kit only front & side, but other said that I can go for either front or side.

Once when I went down the ramp there was a speed breaker immediately, so my rear bumper got hit slighlty, so holding for now to have skirting.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 11:16   #1027
BHPian

Maruti has sent me a Rs 7000/- worth gift voucher!! Yipeee!!!
well, the deal is that i had bought a vxi before the new changes (body coloured mirrors, handles and stereo were intro'd as std. fitment) so Maruti has sent me this gift voucher redeemable for MGA.
I dont know if i can get myself a BC Mirrors and 4 Handles for 7k. I already have an MGA stereo for the sx4. Any ideas what i can cash it on guys?

I already have the following kitted. Rev.PK sensor, Mats, Seat covers, U.C coating etc.,
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 11:24   #1028
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Maruti has sent me a Rs 7000/- worth gift voucher!! Yipeee!!!
well, the deal is that i had bought a vxi before the new changes (body coloured mirrors, handles and stereo were intro'd as std. fitment) so Maruti has sent me this gift voucher redeemable for MGA.
I dont know if i can get myself a BC Mirrors and 4 Handles for 7k. I already have an MGA stereo for the sx4. Any ideas what i can cash it on guys?

I already have the following kitted. Rev.PK sensor, Mats, Seat covers, U.C coating etc.,
I got one as well.Are we amongst the few lucky ones?
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 16:53   #1029
BHPian

Has anyone noticed SX4's muffler and silencer moving about when the car is being driven?

I followed quite a few SX4's and I can see this whole thing shaking as if it will fall off!

Can anyone else confirm?
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 19:23   #1030
BHPian

Hi SX4 Team,

Thanks to everyone. At last we finalized (after 2nd TD) SX4 and booked the Beige SX4 ZXi at Garuda and planned to register by 02/01/2008. Got Sun Film, Reverse Parking Sensor & Floor Mats as free. Also got 10K+5K as Corporate and Special discounts. Waiting for the Elephant to come home by this Friday. Hope to get support from you all for any doubts/suggestions.
yousivakutti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 22:24   #1031
BHPian

Got my metallic red SX4 yesterday! Car is brilliant!
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 10:37   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Has anyone noticed SX4's muffler and silencer moving about when the car is being driven?

I followed quite a few SX4's and I can see this whole thing shaking as if it will fall off!

Can anyone else confirm?
I haven't noticed with other cars, let me ask my dad to watch it when I take out in morning. We can ask dealers as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
Hi SX4 Team,

Thanks to everyone. At last we finalized (after 2nd TD) SX4 and booked the Beige SX4 ZXi at Garuda and planned to register by 02/01/2008. Got Sun Film, Reverse Parking Sensor & Floor Mats as free. Also got 10K+5K as Corporate and Special discounts. Waiting for the Elephant to come home by this Friday. Hope to get support from you all for any doubts/suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Got my metallic red SX4 yesterday! Car is brilliant!
Welcome guys to the SX4 club!! Wow, so many freebies and discounts, enjoy.
Old 31st December 2007, 14:30   #1033
BHPian

BTW, after reading thread about Shell normal petrol stopped, wondering if our manual say anything whether premium petrol can be used in SX4?
Old 2nd January 2008, 09:52   #1034
BHPian

Hey folks, I had got this 7000Rs voucher thing from Maruti coz they wanted to make up with likes of me for upgrading the VXi just weeks after we bought it. Now, it appears that we can use it only to buy MG "Accessories". In English it means we can buy on sun-film, carpet mats etc etc., What we cannot redeem it against are stuff they chose to call MG "Parts". This means things such as Body Coloured SIde mirrors / Door handles etc are technically "Parts" and do not qualify for redemption.
How mean. This sucks totally. I had put in most of the accessories i needed even when I had bought the car. So, I had to use up the 7000 against totally stuff i did not need. Like carpeted parcel shelf, second carpet mat, cd-cases all from MGA list.
Why could not Maruti give an open voucher for 7k as long as we bought Maruti stuff? Why discrimination between MGA /MGP.?
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:16   #1035
BHPian

Yes, this is bad on their side.