Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd June 2008, 12:14   #1081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I have not recieved any letter :( . Do I have to register somewhere?
May be you can wait for sometime or call 1800 1800 180.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:44   #1082
BHPian

Default Accessories that I can buy

Folks,
To encash points in my auto card, I need to buy some accessories from MGA. What do you guys suggest?

I thought of bumper protector - does it help as expected? cost?
Old 2nd June 2008, 18:30   #1083
BHPian

You can use the autocard for the services & repairs too. You can buy shampoo/wax etc. Bumper protectors will fell soon.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 20:19   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Default Suggestion for 1st service and few problems

I need some suggestions as what all need to be covered in 1st service. Its 1050 in odo now

Do I have go for Engine oil and filter change.

Following are some irritating problems I have observed till today:

1. Ride is very bumpy on pot holed roads. My Indica on same stretches was much stable and easy.

2. Pickup from idle is a problem, car stalls if I do not give bit extra acceleration. Idle RPM when I switch the car goes to 1200 and then settles for 800. But sometimes I observe rpm pinter hovers a bit from 800 to 700 and comes back, at idle. Happens very infrequently.

3. If I go for speed breaker at some speed like 30-40 and press the clutch while jumping, I hear the noise like metal rubbing. This only happens is clutch is pressed when when front wheels are crossing the hump.

4. Today I heard very feeble kaat kaat noise at idle when I reached home. Its very less and need to heard carefully.

5. Today I decided to break the 2500RPM/100KM/Hr barrier and tried to cross 120Km/Hr. And when I pressed beyond 120KM/Hr, I could hear some noise like engine making it. This comes immediately after 120 Km/Hr.

Please help me understand these.
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 11:12   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Do I have go for Engine oil and filter change.
Yes, you have to change both of them.

Quote:
Following are some irritating problems I have observed till today:

1. Ride is very bumpy on pot holed roads. My Indica on same stretches was much stable and easy.
This is due to stiff suspention of SX4, not a problem. You will get better ride at higher speeds. e.g. some pot holed road will give bumpy ride at 20kmph but not same at 40kmph. Just be in limit and wisely choose which speed to go. (NHC is just opposite, IMO soft suspension).

Quote:
2. Pickup from idle is a problem, car stalls if I do not give bit extra acceleration. Idle RPM when I switch the car goes to 1200 and then settles for 800. But sometimes I observe rpm pinter hovers a bit from 800 to 700 and comes back, at idle. Happens very infrequently.
Pickup from idle, check at 1st service. My issue was solved after clutch adjustment at 1st service. Other one is not problem, some hovering is there due to A/C. and 1200-800 is transition from cold to hot engine rpm.

Quote:
3. If I go for speed breaker at some speed like 30-40 and press the clutch while jumping, I hear the noise like metal rubbing. This only happens is clutch is pressed when when front wheels are crossing the hump.

4. Today I heard very feeble kaat kaat noise at idle when I reached home. Its very less and need to heard carefully.

5. Today I decided to break the 2500RPM/100KM/Hr barrier and tried to cross 120Km/Hr. And when I pressed beyond 120KM/Hr, I could hear some noise like engine making it. This comes immediately after 120 Km/Hr.

Please help me understand these.
for 3, just brake before bump, slow down as per requirement and release break before entering bump. Let car role down over bump without pressing brake, clutch or accelerator. After passing it completely, lower the gear and accelerate accordingly.

4 & 5 Need further details.

Last edited by omishra : 5th June 2008 at 11:28.
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 16:20   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for reply Omishra.

I went for 1st service today. Updates on my thread.. here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post855389 (Booked SX4/ZXi - Delivered 14th May 2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Yes, you have to change both of them.

This is due to stiff suspention of SX4, not a problem. You will get better ride at higher speeds. e.g. some pot holed road will give bumpy ride at 20kmph but not same at 40kmph. Just be in limit and wisely choose which speed to go. (NHC is just opposite, IMO soft suspension).

Pickup from idle, check at 1st service. My issue was solved after clutch adjustment at 1st service. Other one is not problem, some hovering is there due to A/C. and 1200-800 is transition from cold to hot engine rpm.

for 3, just brake before bump, slow down as per requirement and release break before entering bump. Let car role down over bump without pressing brake, clutch or accelerator. After passing it completely, lower the gear and accelerate accordingly.

4 & 5 Need further details.
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 10:55   #1087
BHPian

Any of you guys received the "supposed to be" free gift? Not yet for me.
Old 21st July 2008, 12:51   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
I received mine a month back via courier.

Its a red and black good quality duffle bag with SX4 written on it.
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 12:58   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Quote:
Its a red and black good quality duffle bag with SX4 written on it.
I recieved it too. It's the SX4 anniversary gift right? I got a letter which required me to call their toll free number and give the code mentioned in the letter to get the free gift. I tore up the letter and threw it out. I still got the gift!
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 14:23   #1090
BHPian

I had called their call center and gave the code a month back! Still, no gift has come!
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 15:25   #1091
BHPian

Same here, had called up the call center 1-1.5 months ago, yet to get the gift. Guess the Bangalore SX4 owners are blacklisted by Maruti
gt_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:50   #1092
BHPian

1600??? I went to inquire about the SX4 mirror since it was hit, not damaged but excessive vibrating, and they said 7000!!! Was i quoted wrong?
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:03   #1093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru
1600??? I went to inquire about the SX4 mirror since it was hit, not damaged but excessive vibrating, and they said 7000!!! Was i quoted wrong?
That must be for the ZXi variant which has electronically adjusted RVMs in which case you might need to replace the complete assembly & hence the high cost
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:09   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Well not hit, not damaged but vibrating excessively then why should not they cover under warranty and instead ask for 7000 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
That must be for the ZXi variant which has electronically adjusted RVMs in which case you might need to replace the complete assembly & hence the high cost
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:18   #1095
Distinguished - BHPian

Well probably its beyond fixing & replacement is only option which ideally they should do under warranty but if they feel that its due to misuse\accident they will charge.

As for actual price ask at another M.A.S.S. for confirming price.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote