Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 18:06   #106
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
@santosh - forget your car for one month buddy. after that they will call you automatically. mine is nearing one month, and i ll be getting maybe a grey by another week max. i missed the first grey, but this time i ll take whatever comes in.
Geek, All the best! So, you are joining proud owners of SX4...I found someone who owns Grey as me (none in TBHP seems to have bought Grey)...Good good.

Once 10 or more members get their delivery in TBHP, we should meet once.

BTW, I am trying with AUTO mode for AC, it seems to be better, I will try it for some more time and update the forum.

I, anyway, will complain about AC to dealer while giving for 1st service. Even now, whenever I take car from hot parking area, it takes lot more time to cool..Anyone observed it?

Have read complete comparison review of SX4 Vs NHC in Autocar. Even though they ranked SX4 top and recommended it over NHC, still review feels like they are little biased towards NHC. Performance numbers seem better in SX4 in higher speeds.

Also the magazine mentioned that NHC is gearing up to add ABS, Airbags to next version - finally MUL drove them to corner to have safety features what Honda ignored till now.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 00:23   #107
BHPian
 
rajivc666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 28
Thanked: Once
Default

sathya when you take the vehicle from a hot parking area you should initially keep the back side glass partially open on either side and put the fans to max on ventilation mode(with a/c switched on of course) and ideally use the leg vents or both, this way you push the hot air inside you car out faster. also when you park the vehicle in the sun leave you side glass very slightly open. also dont forget to pull your wipers up as they get damaged from the hot windshield. Hope this helps, and guys please correct me if i m wrong.
rajivc666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 10:15   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

my recommendation, always when you take the car out of hot parking area, wind down all power windows once, start your car, drive a few metres, and then wind them up again. reason is fresh air would have entered your car and then you can switch the a/c on again. now whats the difference between auto and other modes?
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 21:04   #109
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

OK, lemme try them..

BTW, got my vehicle serviced and I complained them about AC not being effective. Service person said that MUL sent circular to all dealers to check AC of SX4, so there seems to be some known issues.

Now, AC seems to be better, let me check it for few more days and update the forum.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 09:13   #110
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

any info on how much the service costed you for parts if any changed? service so soon? did you reach stipulated number of kms? or time in months? btw, is your running in period over by now? after using for long, do you notice any rattles or any other issues?
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 12:15   #111
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
my recommendation, always when you take the car out of hot parking area, wind down all power windows once, start your car, drive a few metres, and then wind them up again. reason is fresh air would have entered your car and then you can switch the a/c on again. now whats the difference between auto and other modes?
In Auto the car does the above for you, it takes air from outside and puts it inside, in manual you dont want air from outside coming atleast i dont.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 13:36   #112
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
any info on how much the service costed you for parts if any changed? service so soon? did you reach stipulated number of kms? or time in months? btw, is your running in period over by now? after using for long, do you notice any rattles or any other issues?
  1. For oil and a filter (regular to be done in 1st service) costed Rs 820. No issues otherwise
  2. Since I went for long drive, I reached 1K kms so soon
  3. In fact, while purchasing, they said that SX4 (and newer vehicles nowadays) don't have run-in period [Is it true guys?]. Still he said to watch the speedometer till 1st service.
  4. I didn't face any rattles or any other issues. AC was an issue till service but when I had put it in Auto mode, it was fantastic (today I went for city ride with family and my mom said AC feels good now, who used to complain). Guess, service guys made it work better. the only other issue (not major one for me, though), I observed and Autocar also mentioned was that: while reducing speed, the body seems jerky - it may also be because of my newbie driving, has anyone noticed it?
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 14:10   #113
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Cool some more snaps

Guys,
here some more snaps for your eyes..Request others to post other colors.

























sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 14:19   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivc666 View Post
initially keep the back side glass partially open on either side and put the fans to max on ventilation mode(with a/c switched on of course) and ideally use the leg vents or both, this way you push the hot air inside you car out faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
reason is fresh air would have entered your car and then you can switch the a/c on again. now whats the difference between auto and other modes?
Thats a good point. Also there are bound to be a lot of TOXIC fumes inside the vehicle due to the intense heating of plastics etc, so the cross ventilation helps in cooling as well as getting rid of these fumes (especially in a NEW vehicle).

Last edited by s0uljah : 3rd June 2007 at 14:20.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 16:31   #115
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

sathya

rocking pics man i feel like stealing your car!! btw which area of bangalore do you stay in man? looks like a village to me. i still see plastics on your seats, do remove them and put proper seat covers, have you identified what seat covers to put in? did you not opt for seat covers as accessory at your dealer itself? the reason is this seat has armrest and they do it properly for this car for sometime until others roll out accesories in full steam for sx4. i do see you have four mango slice bottles in each door, which is a good practical addition by maruti. not the bottles but the holder area. that ll remove much strain from the seating spaces to fill up with things.

have you also teflon coated your car?
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 09:11   #116
BHPian
 
rajivc666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 28
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
  1. For oil and a filter (regular to be done in 1st service) costed Rs 820. No issues otherwise
  2. Since I went for long drive, I reached 1K kms so soon
  3. In fact, while purchasing, they said that SX4 (and newer vehicles nowadays) don't have run-in period [Is it true guys?]. Still he said to watch the speedometer till 1st service.
  4. I didn't face any rattles or any other issues. AC was an issue till service but when I had put it in Auto mode, it was fantastic (today I went for city ride with family and my mom said AC feels good now, who used to complain). Guess, service guys made it work better. the only other issue (not major one for me, though), I observed and Autocar also mentioned was that: while reducing speed, the body seems jerky - it may also be because of my newbie driving, has anyone noticed it?
at low speeds depress the clutch a bit on 1st,2nd and maybe also 3rd gear then your car wont jerk. on higher gears its better to shift down rather than slip the clutch.
rajivc666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 09:24   #117
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 34
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
mclaren1885 seems to be knowing GM of RNS, ping/PM him...But, he must have been flooded with such requests so far, you can join the club.

Please refer my thread, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ry-issues.html (sx4 delivery issues) - where you can find some known tips to track your delivery.

Key things you must do are: keep visiting them, shout at them, call them, go to escalation levels (manager of sales rep, etc) and so on - this seems to work pretty well.

Also, lodge a complaint in MUL's website, they would get back to you. Call their toll free (guess, 1800 1800 180) and complain.

Keep shouting at them, otherwise they will forget you.
Dear Mclaren1885/Memo...

Could you pls help me in getting a faster delivery of SX4 Zxi with Leather from RNS...The sales guy's name is B.S Manjunath...When I called him last week he had told me that I was the only person to book the zxi with leather...but still the wait period is two months....Pls help me....
sudhir5478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 09:25   #118
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
sathya

rocking pics man i feel like stealing your car!! btw which area of bangalore do you stay in man? looks like a village to me. i still see plastics on your seats, do remove them and put proper seat covers, have you identified what seat covers to put in? did you not opt for seat covers as accessory at your dealer itself? the reason is this seat has armrest and they do it properly for this car for sometime until others roll out accesories in full steam for sx4. i do see you have four mango slice bottles in each door, which is a good practical addition by maruti. not the bottles but the holder area. that ll remove much strain from the seating spaces to fill up with things.

have you also teflon coated your car?
Thanks. Nowadays, whenever I go out, atleast 1-3 persons come to me and enquire about the car. One guy, who works in ford, pointed that left side rear light misses red plate (only right side has it). you could notice this in photos also, I should get it fixed.

Yes, it is almost a village, called Kasavanahalli, somewhat inside ~1Km in Sarjapur road (before Wipro).

I am getting seat covers fitted next week, I didn't like leather ones, going for fabric, ordered at 'g sports' in Jayanagar.

I drink water more often (pure water only ), and same with my family folks. Each of us have out pet bottles in doors, this is really very good feature MUL provided.

I am yet to decide whether teflon coating is needed or not. What do you folks say?? I heard that the metallic paints nowadays are more than sufficient and you really don't need teflon coating - what say?
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 10:13   #119
BHPian
 
rajivc666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 28
Thanked: Once
Default

actually sathya on the sx4 there is only one reverse lamp(on the left side which is white) and on the right side you have the rear fog lamp(the red one).
rajivc666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 10:50   #120
BHPian
 
rajivc666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 28
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
my recommendation, always when you take the car out of hot parking area, wind down all power windows once, start your car, drive a few metres, and then wind them up again. reason is fresh air would have entered your car and then you can switch the a/c on again. now whats the difference between auto and other modes?
the climate control(CC) has three knobs. the first one which is the temp knob which has to be manually selected . THe second knob which is the blower speed selector as well as recirc/ventilation if set on auto then the CC sets the blower speed according to the set temp and the outside temp. Also switches between recirc/ventilation mode at predetermined intervals(dont know how it decides on it). Personally I dont prefer this mode as it switches to ventilation on polluted roads and the fumes get inside the cabin. The third knob (for vent selection) if put on auto then the CC manages the air distribution to vents according to some crazy logic of its own, here too dint find it very useful.
In my case i like to do it the manual way. After prolonged use of recirc mode(may be around an hour) i switch it to ventilation for about 10 mins provided the outside air is not polluted. So Geek tell me if you have any other query.
rajivc666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Took the delivery of FORTUNER & Accent!!! caroholic1 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 35 31st August 2009 23:38
TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!) vivek.singh.73 The Indian Car Scene 108 27th July 2009 22:09
i10 took delivery and upgraded with new tyres and alloys jango Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 60 17th April 2009 18:35
Took delivery of my Verna CRDi and enjoying it, 300 km report diffsoft Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 5th March 2008 23:10
sx4 delivery issues sathya_nars Indian Car Dealerships 32 25th September 2007 12:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks