Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd May 2007, 14:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car. A first car is a first car & that feeling is very special.

I am quite amused by this one though.

Quote:
The model I got was the first sale of Palio Stile 1.1 for A-One motors in Delhi. And after me I have received numerous calls from the dealer to make to talk to other buyers who came to enquire about Palio.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 14:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

nice review. Could help with some pictures. Mileage seems good. Take care of her and she will take care of you. Don't rip till after the second service.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 14:56   #18
BHPian

Humans, congratulations for your Palio. Its a great car and I am a big fan of FIAT. I have had owned a FIAT UNO Diesel and it was a fablous car. Use to trouble me with service and spares but use to makes up with the excellent ride.

Hope FIAT-TATA alliance checks the service and spares issue's.
Enjoy ur ride and have fun.
horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 15:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice review, Eager to see some pics of your car...

You told u ripped the car to 120kmph before 1K km on ODO, is that advised in Palio Stile? Pls maintain what is told in the book....

FE looks ok, it is the same u get in WagonRs & Santros...Probably it shud increase after your first 2 services....

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 16:32   #20
BHPian

being a fiat fan, luv to hear more reviews of it..nice review humans
kphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 18:42   #21
BHPian

Nice review... some pics would be appreciated.
rishibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 18:49   #22
BHPian

Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Saw one Stile (must be 1.1, not sure) parked in my neighborhood. From the little I saw (I was driving, so did not get a clear look), the older Palio looked better. Maybe some pictures by humans should give a better perspective. Reported FE is low, given that this version was supposed to be only for the "average-kitna-hai" types.
Bro..dont expect M800 fuel efficiency with Palio 1.1. I dont know where is the issue. Some people are adamant that a car from FIAT will not give mileage. To those guys I have only one request. Please do check realistical mileage of SWIFT & GETZ. Then come back.

Does these cars deliver M800 figures?

Aaa manohara theerathu ninnum.. onhu appurathe karayilekku nokkiyaalum..chetta
Whenasked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 19:00   #23
BHPian

Congrats for being the 1st member on the forum with the Palio Stile.

Its a nice and spot on review about the car. Do take care of her.
vvrchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 20:14   #24
BHPian

Congratulations Humans on your new car!
Btw, did you get any discounts or offers (accessories) etc from the dealer? If you dont mind, could you mention how much it cost you on OTR?
sithon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 20:52   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Saw one Stile (must be 1.1, not sure) parked in my neighborhood. From the little I saw (I was driving, so did not get a clear look), the older Palio looked better. Maybe some pictures by humans should give a better perspective. Reported FE is low, given that this version was supposed to be only for the "average-kitna-hai" types.
-------------------------------------

Hi Supreme Baleno !!

I dont see any issues with the Stile FE either.

Two gentlemen here are geting 12-13 with either 50% a/c or mixed highway / city driving and they havent had any oil change so far.

I expect the realistic figures for Stile to be 13 with full a/c usage which is not bad compared to my Santro Xing which gives 12 with full a/c usage.

I agree Marutis (wagon r and estilo) may give 1 more but Stile is not exactly a tin box like santros or zens. Infact with detuned engine and same body weight its somewhere in between the Swifts and Wagon rs so please be kind while commenting on FIATs bcoz such opinion / perception becomes misleading for an average layman who wants a FIAT but bcoz of such rumours backs out of the FIAT camp.

Thats just a suggestion. Dont mind .............

Cheers !!
namit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 20:53   #26
BHPian

I got discount of about Rs. 15K. OTR price came to about 4.15L then spend some 20K on Pioneer stereo with sony speakers, gear lock, seat covers, mats (the one they gave as free wasn't good for my liking).

I will post the pics this weekend. Thanks guys.
humans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
I got discount of about Rs. 15K. OTR price came to about 4.15L then spend some 20K on Pioneer stereo with sony speakers, gear lock, seat covers, mats (the one they gave as free wasn't good for my liking).

I will post the pics this weekend. Thanks guys.
15K for the Stile???. That was really good man. Which was the dealer?
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 23:47   #28
nbr
BHPian

HUMANS : congrats on ur new purchase.My bro, who is presently in hunt for a new car liked the STILE very much, but is now going for SWIFT D , since he is worried over the long term feasibilty of going ahead with the STILE, since PALIO is an old model and FIAT may simply dump the car in the near future.Also, I feel the image of PALIO has dipped over the years and the new STILE hasn't attracted potential car buyers.
what could be the reason ?
nbr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 04:10   #29

Even I bought one FIAT PALIO STILE and its first 4 wheeler I am owning !!!!
Well, I didn't drove any car even before purchasing this one. So I really donot know, which one gives the power when needs. I personally felt the power is less in this PALIO.

I am already done around 600 km. FE --> I am not sure yet as I am waiting the tank to get empty ( I filled full tank ). As for as other things concerned, I am happy with the car.
You see.... I haven't seen another FIAT PALIO STILE since its launch on Bangalore road. Even in the parking lot of ITPL

I will keep you updated on the FE when I visit next time the Petrol bunk.
Kanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 04:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanni View Post
Well, I didn't drove any car even before purchasing this one. So I really donot know, which one gives the power when needs. I personally felt the power is less in this PALIO.
Congrats on your new vehicle...
you should have test driven the 1.6 palio before buying this. you would have made out the power difference.

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote