Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th June 2007, 19:49   #121
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

23,000 for just a Tacho ? There has to be something else guys that someone is missing.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 20:22   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankura12 View Post
1.Pardon my ignorance, But, I haven't understood the importance of Tachometer. Everybody advises to change to low RPMs. But while changing gears in the midst of tarffic, will you have time to look at meters and decide what to do? You almost go by the drive feel and engine sound, don't you? Tachometer is one difference between Stile 1.1SLE and SLX. (Price difefrence is Rs.23000/-)
Hi Ankur, Tacho is a nice feature to have, you can keep an eye on the RPM especially in the running-in period wherein you are expected to drive in low RPMs.

In SLX, besides Tacho, you get some goodies like Rear Power Windows, Rear Wiper & Defogger, Body colored RVM & Door handles etc.
So, suggest you to go for SLX.

Also, if you have some extra money, get the Alloys too.
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 21:19   #123
BHPian

Default Well we are talking about FE before first service here

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hmmm. Seems like some people get real touchy even when faced with a genuine issue - let me elaborate why I said the FE is low.

The Stile 1.1 was detuned to supposedly get more FE. So it surprised me that he mentioned 12kmpl with 50-50 city/highway driving. My car which is 1.6l, more powerful and almost same weight returns 14kmpl under similar conditions. Extrapolating this to the Stile's peers like WagonR/Santro would suggest higher FE figures. Agree that Getz1.3 is low on FE, but dont know about Getz1.1.

Thanks, but no thanks. I am fine where I am - not interested in making frequent trips to the fuel station and waiting for months for A.S.S and spares.

@namit, check out what i mentioned above. The opinion/perception about Fiat is already there for years now - and I did not start it BTW. Opinions do not get formed just by hearsay - real facts help form such opinions IMO.

Well, it is not a perception, its a fact. But then its not only Marutis that get good FE. The NHC is a good example for a Honda and the Corolla is a good one for Toyota.

Future ? Bright ? Hmmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Well, apart from the G.Vitara, all the Maruti range give good FE compared to its respective peers.

The way you put it, it would sound as if being lightweight is a crime. I would say it is good design given the conditions in which compact cars operate. And anyway, there are threads here which show that there is only so much that even tank-like-builds can offer in terms of protection. So, why not drive an efficient tin box (and one that actually moves instead of being bogged down by all that sheet metal weight) instead of a guzzler tank ?

And saying that the Swift returns 10kmpl is going against all the owner-reported figures posted here. I don't own/drive a swift, so no comments on it.

Isn't 12-15 a kind of really wide FE range ? And 15kml in city is like M800/Alto territory - don't think tanks can get there - its like trying to have your cake and eat it too. Also, I am not sure where you got the figures from because we have like only 1-2 reviews on Stile on tbhp, and one of them says a city-highway average of 12 only.
SB the reported figures are before even the first service. Unless driving conditions and styles are compared the FE figures do not tell us any thing. I can compare at least 4 cars in Hyd city

Wagon R, Santro and Honda City : 11-12 KMPL for the first two and 10.5+ KMPL.

Wagon R owner driven and Honda driven by a paid driver they drive in very similar traffic conditions as they come from the same part of the city to office. The Santro guy comes from a different corner of the city, but traffic conditions are very similar. To people that know Hyderabad I am talking about MalkajaGiri, Saket and Uppal.

My own Petra used return about 9 KMPL while my one way commute was about 1 KM each way. Now I drive about 12 KMs each way home-office, I am seeing FE in the range of 10.5 KMPL to 11.7 KMPL and my friends Baleno with a 7-8 KM commute returns 10.5 KMPL.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 22:16   #124
BHPian

Default I thought it is otherwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I agree with u SB and Himanshu... Not because I own one of the tin-box (according to finneyp)...

In India (or everywhere) everything boils down to the driver and how he drives.... We have seen the super built Skoda breaking in 2 pieces in a highway...

Personally I dont atall agree the term called build quality, if u r a bad driver no car can save u....

I agree Fiat do make good cars but its *** is no way close to Maruti.... Hence, buying a Fiat in India is like calling for trouble.... If u dont face any problem then fine and if u face one, GOD save u...

Abhi
I am sorry to disagree with your point Roy. It is not the quality of cars thats not resulting in good sales for them. IMHO its their tarnished image due to bad service and leaving their customers in lurch abandoning some very good models.
Old 30th June 2007, 22:21   #125
BHPian

Default good one mobike

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I agree with u SB and Himanshu... Not because I own one of the tin-box (according to finneyp)...

In India (or everywhere) everything boils down to the driver and how he drives.... We have seen the super built Skoda breaking in 2 pieces in a highway...

Personally I dont atall agree the term called build quality, if u r a bad driver no car can save u....

I agree Fiat do make good cars but its *** is no way close to Maruti.... Hence, buying a Fiat in India is like calling for trouble.... If u dont face any problem then fine and if u face one, GOD save u...

Abhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
No offense, but these kind of mileages can be extracted only if your participating in those FE runs sponsored by the companies. Was this in one of those FE runs? where they do everything including pushing the car except driving it normally
I have to agree with you mobike, I have not heard of more than 12 in city for a Balenos owned by friends and colleagues. I think 20 KMPL FE on Baleno needs a different driving style.
Old 30th June 2007, 22:25   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
I have to agree with you mobike, I have not heard of more than 12 in city for a Balenos owned by friends and colleagues. I think 20 KMPL FE on Baleno needs a different driving style.
Then maybe this will help you understand what we are talking about. You see, its all technical not fiction.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...no-read-9.html (How to get 15+kmpl from a baleno ? Read on !!!!)
Old 30th June 2007, 22:52   #127
BHPian

Default you did not hear me right

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Then maybe this will help you understand what we are talking about. You see, its all technical not fiction.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...no-read-9.html (How to get 15+kmpl from a baleno ? Read on !!!!)
McLaren, I am not questioning the possibility of this FE. I said it has to be a special case. While discussing FE in general don't we need to go by more common cases than a few rare ones, thats what I precisely meant.
Old 30th June 2007, 23:26   #128
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
McLaren, I am not questioning the possibility of this FE. I said it has to be a special case. While discussing FE in general don't we need to go by more common cases than a few rare ones, thats what I precisely meant.
Agreed. But, I know of atleast 10 baleno owners who get 14+ easily. Its not a rare case, its about educating people who are interested in gaining max FE on how it can be achieved. Besides, we are totally OT now. This is a Fiat thread, I just thought Id let you know since you mentioned about your friends getting 12. Do show them this thread, maybe it will help them as well. Now, lets get back to topic.
Old 1st July 2007, 00:38   #129
BHPian

Default back to topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Agreed. But, I know of atleast 10 baleno owners who get 14+ easily. Its not a rare case, its about educating people who are interested in gaining max FE on how it can be achieved. Besides, we are totally OT now. This is a Fiat thread, I just thought Id let you know since you mentioned about your friends getting 12. Do show them this thread, maybe it will help them as well. Now, lets get back to topic.
Just before getting back to the topic, my reference was to 20 KMPL on Baleno McLaren. We are on the same page w.r.t driving styles, my friends may or may not necessarily be interested in getting higher FE by changing their driving style.

I am not getting OT one more time. We can have another thread or PM each other if we want to continue discussing FE stuff.

Humans and other new stile 1.1 owners, please enjoy the drive and adjust your driving stiles a little bit as you learn more about your car.
Old 12th October 2007, 10:08   #130
BHPian

Default Palio Stile 1.1L SLX - Buy or not to buy?

Hey Guys,

I am in the process of finalizing my car. Can someone let me know if buying Palio Stile 1.1 SLX is worth it.

I'm not a speed freak. I plan to take the car for weekend outings (max. 300-400 KM from Bangalore). I need a car with maximum space and comfort. Mileage is also an important factor. I intend to own the car for atleast 4-5 years.

1.1 Owners - Is it a VFM buy? Have you faced any problems so far? How has the experience been - WRT maintenance, service, spares, driveability ?

Please help me choose the best available car.

Thanks !
prashkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 18:55   #131
BHPian

Default Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Hey Guys,

I am in the process of finalizing my car. Can someone let me know if buying Palio Stile 1.1 SLX is worth it.

Thanks !
See this link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ip-review.html (Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 SLX 8000 KM 6 month ownership review)
ankura12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 11:10   #132
BHPian

Thanks Ankur !

I have decided to go for 1.1 SLX after another test drive. I am in the last stage of negotiations with a couple of dealers here in Blore, can't wait to get my hands on this beauty !
prashkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 01:32   #133

Hi!

Currenlty i m driving santro from last 8 year and very satisfied with the output and after sales.

Now I am planning to buy new car in next one month. I visited tata motors and liked 1.6 sports.. however bit confused about after sales service and question about mileage in city...

Can anyone provide mileage of 1.6 in city condition with AC on as in delhi roads there is huge rush. And any suggestion of option between UVA 1.2 LS and Palio Stile 1.6.

Thanks
Sumeet
midhasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 10:50   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midhasum View Post
Hi!

Currenlty i m driving santro from last 8 year and very satisfied with the output and after sales.

Now I am planning to buy new car in next one month. I visited tata motors and liked 1.6 sports.. however bit confused about after sales service and question about mileage in city...

Can anyone provide mileage of 1.6 in city condition with AC on as in delhi roads there is huge rush. And any suggestion of option between UVA 1.2 LS and Palio Stile 1.6.

Thanks
Sumeet
Hi,

Use the search facility on the forum and you will get yourself threads which will last for a week's reading.. Palio is famous on our very forum
neoonwheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 20:19   #135

I feel good to know about this as I have a Plaio stile and purchased recently also planning to go for a long drive. One thing I like about the vechile is its saftey feature as Tubeless Tyres and well built Body.
Pradyot is offline   Reply With Quote