Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd July 2007, 16:47   #136
BHPian

Have you checked price of other parts also. If they in proportion with headlights it will be a big setback to fiat fans.

Last edited by swathyd : 3rd July 2007 at 16:48.
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 16:59   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

I like the red palio posted by uttamc. i guess black is better suited for the car. However, the read would look very sporty, with jet black tints all around the car!
I have just the car you are talking about :-) Will upload pics ASAP ..

Can anyone throw some light on how much a comparable 3-lamp clustered headlight assembly costs on other models? The new headlight assembly did look costly, but 16K is a bit of a shocker - and given that its a glass part, i guess it will not even be covered under insurance!?!

Uttam, Saw your pics of the leather gear knob and steering wheel - my steering wheel looks exactly the same, and when the dealer told me that its leather, but very tightly fit - i didn't believe him, coz i was expecting the older handstiched leather (the black one with red stitches) Mine doesn't have the gear knob in leather however..
Thingummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 17:04   #138

I joined this forum today, and the whole day I was reading...
absolutely no office work
actually i am planning to buy a palio stile 1.1... shud be 2 gud for bangalore roads.
I was going through all the features, when I came to safety, I was sure to see ABS, but it's not there.

Can somebody update me(naive in automobiles) what actually ABS is and why Fiat is not providing this feature?
crimsonorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 17:05   #139

Taken delivery of F.Red stile 1.6 sport yesterday after a month long wait. As is the case with some other guys, i too found that leather grip is missing on steering wheel. Tata Motors responded to my mail saying that steering grip and engine immobilizer option are not available in 1.6 model. It seems, there is going to be long fight with Fiat/Tata. OTR in Haryana is coming to be about 4.42 lakhs.
TeluguBidda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 17:36   #140
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your new car TB, do post some pics . so both the leather steering and leather gear knob are missing ?
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 17:49   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonorb View Post
I was going through all the features, when I came to safety, I was sure to see ABS, but it's not there.
Can somebody update me(naive in automobiles) what actually ABS is and why Fiat is not providing this feature?
Fiat started off its Palio business with giving ABS and Airbags in the Palio 1.6 GTX and Palio 1.9D but sales dropped. People couldn't afford filling petrol in their cars owing to poor mileage in the car (read as 10 kmpl for a 1.6L DOHC engine). Later they discontinued options of airbags and ABS in all its models. For a 1.1 I dunno any car which has ABS I think the Getz has it but I am not quite sure. Fiat aimed at keeping the costs of their vehicle down.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 18:09   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For a 1.1 I dunno any car which has ABS I think the Getz has it but I am not quite sure.
Chevrolet spark,Maruti zen Estilo,Maruti Wagon R,hyundai santro had it earlier but not able to verify if it has it now or not.

Edit:@Moralfibre answering your query here itself ,I am referring to the new zen the estilo,don't think the older version[maruti zen] came with ABS.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 3rd July 2007 at 18:16.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 18:12   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Chevrolet spark,Maruti zen Estilo,Maruti Wagon R
Thanks for the clarification Rahul. I wasn't aware of this but are you sure the Maruti Zen came with such an option?

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd July 2007 at 18:14.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:24   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
For a 1.1 I dunno any car which has ABS I think the Getz has it but I am not quite sure. Fiat aimed at keeping the costs of their vehicle down.
Isn't ABS a good security feature? Can it be fitted to 1.1 Palio Stile? What will
be the cost? Any impact on warranty as it is not factory-fitted but a dealer-fit?
crimsonorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:23   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Chevrolet spark,Maruti zen Estilo,Maruti Wagon R,hyundai santro had it earlier but not able to verify if it has it now or not.
Edit:@Moralfibre answering your query here itself ,I am referring to the new zen the estilo,don't think the older version[maruti zen] came with ABS.
If i remember correctly, WagonR and Zen estilo can be ordered with optional ABS and airbags!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonorb View Post
Isn't ABS a good security feature? Can it be fitted to 1.1 Palio Stile? What will
be the cost? Any impact on warranty as it is not factory-fitted but a dealer-fit?
Wouldn't recommend that. Its such a critical part, and sure it will be safe to have it 'fitted' later on?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 22:58   #146
Senior - BHPian

@crimson think you have mistaken ABS for something else, ABS here stands for AntiLock Braking System and is a safety feature.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 16:34   #147

Hi Uttamc;
What happened dude? Did u get ur immobiliser fixed on your car or not yet? Do let us know what is the situation with the dealer?
spycar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 17:04   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
Those are standard Palio sport alloys. Look pretty neat. Though it is actually a matter of personal choice, I find these alloys more attractive than the S10 alloys, which were more straight line and no nonsense.
Even I find them more attractive than S10, Petra or Adventure alloys...incidentally Petra (the City) has been named as one of the new 7 wonders of the world!!!
omar1310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 23:52   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spycar84 View Post
Hi Uttamc;
What happened dude? Did u get ur immobiliser fixed on your car or not yet? Do let us know what is the situation with the dealer?

Still working on this... i called the lady at Shaman, she said "i was just going to call you (YEAH RIGHT!) if you'd told me earlier when you noticed the steering n gearknob problem, i'd had got it done immedeately... " so i just told her to let me know by monday (i.e. tomorrow) cuz if they aren't going to do it without fighting in court, i may as well start the long procedure of consumer court.

So will know what excuse they think off tomorrow. I dont see how fiat can advertise features n not deliver. Really sucks.

In other news i've noticed a terrible squeak in the front of the car, either dashboard or under the hood. Will get it checked next weekend.
uttamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 10:10   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttamc View Post
So will know what excuse they think off tomorrow. I dont see how fiat can advertise features n not deliver. Really sucks.
Check this (quote from an intro here today, click the little button on the quote to see the thread) >

Quote:
Originally Posted by guessme View Post
Rest I hope every thing will be fine with me & I wont be caught in fiat woes... To start with the dealer said after 1 week of booking that they have got email from fiat saying that they have now removed ENGINE IMMOBILIZER FEATURE from 1.6...it will only come in 1.1.... ... He specially told me that because at the time of booking I specifically told him that I will cross-check each & every feature listed on the papers before taking delivery.... as I have gone through this forum before deciding on the car & people complained about missing leather covers & immobilizer in 1.6....

cya
R
Rehaan is online now   Reply With Quote