Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 10:39   #166
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,488
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

even my engine didnt come with the immobilizer.. but you can at least try to push for the leather since thats really a feature offered on the 1.6s since god knows when.. at least till they take it off the brochure
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 10:49   #167
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
From what I can read in this thread, it was the dealers who made that statement. I could be wrong though.
Kiran, pardon my ignorance but unless the dealers are stealing the above mentioned parts the strategy to me comes straight out of Fiat's pockets. Also, I am tending to believe that the dealers are mentioning so because Fiat might have asked them to?

Reading Thingummy's response I think that there has been a grave mistake not only from the dealers but the production unit as well. And even marketing unit. Awaiting your report about the same. Go get them boy.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 13:54   #168
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NEW DELHI
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Dear Mr Uttam,

Could yu please confirm if your 1.6 Palio came witht he key immobilizer/ Leather steering cover ? What about the rear screen defogger ?
EQUINOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 14:36   #169
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
even my engine didnt come with the immobilizer.. but you can at least try to push for the leather since thats really a feature offered on the 1.6s since god knows when.. at least till they take it off the brochure
Wrote back a strongly worded mail to this Ricky person - and as expected no response yet. I'm not really interested in the leather stuff, because i got my car upholstered, and Ceralli did the steering grip and gear boot as a part of the package - I kind of like the soft rubber feel of the current gear knob, so don't really see the need to get the gear knob in leather too. However, the immobilizer is a BIG DEAL. Maybe its an ego thing - i just can't digest the fact that a feature that is standard even on the entry level 1.1 is not on offer with the 1.6.

On a different note, i am increasingly feeling that the double-crank prevention is a pain - In the 8 years of driving my earlier car, i have double cranked far fewer times than stalling the engine with wrong clutch release. Its highly irritating with the Palio when the engine cuts out in traffic, and i have to turn the ignition completely off in order to start again - not to mention that when i do this, my audio dies, and given that i am running off USB most of the time, it takes at least 5-6 seconds for reinitializing. Is double-cranking really so detrimental to the engine that fiat spent so much time and attention on getting that tech in, instead of focusing on maybe getting the engine immobilizer on the 1.6?

cheers!
raghu
Thingummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 15:16   #170
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 62
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQUINOX View Post
Dear Mr Uttam,

Could yu please confirm if your 1.6 Palio came witht he key immobilizer/ Leather steering cover ? What about the rear screen defogger ?
Hey Equinox,

The car came without a leather steering cover, without a leather gear knob and without an engine immobilizer.

I fought with fiat / shaman for the leather steering and gearknob and got that at my first service. It was only after the first service that i realised the immobiliser was missing, so i am fighting for it now.

The rear screen defogger was delivered. So was the 1.6 litre engine and 5 tyres
uttamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 15:17   #171
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 62
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy View Post
Wrote back a strongly worded mail to this Ricky person - and as expected no response yet. I'm not really interested in the leather stuff, because i got my car upholstered, and Ceralli did the steering grip and gear boot as a part of the package - I kind of like the soft rubber feel of the current gear knob, so don't really see the need to get the gear knob in leather too. However, the immobilizer is a BIG DEAL. Maybe its an ego thing - i just can't digest the fact that a feature that is standard even on the entry level 1.1 is not on offer with the 1.6.

cheers!
raghu
Hey Raghu, could you please share ricky's email address with me and whoever else you're in touch with in fiat india. I'll start sending them mails as well demanding my immobilizer. 2 is better than 1.
uttamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 15:39   #172
BHPian
 
thalavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 389
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Ricky's mail seem to indicate that engine immobiliser may not be technically feasible for 1.6. Since 1.1 is a new(er) engine, it might be built for it.
Or is Mr. Ricky throwing some BS around?
thalavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 15:41   #173
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 62
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Ricky's mail seem to indicate that engine immobiliser may not be technically feasible for 1.6. Since 1.1 is a new(er) engine, it might be built for it.
Or is Mr. Ricky throwing some BS around?

Whatever the case - don't advertise a product that doesn't exist.

So they have 2 choices as i see it

1. Fix the immobiliser

2. Don't charge me for it (or in this case, return the value of the immobiliser that you charged me for)

or secret option 3 that fiat may choose which is to do nothing about it. :P
uttamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 15:56   #174
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,609
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Option 4: Mr.Ricky pay from his pocket!

Sorry for my ignorance, How does the engine immoblizer work?
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 16:06   #175
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,488
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy View Post
i just can't digest the fact that a feature that is standard even on the entry level 1.1 is not on offer with the 1.6.

cheers!
raghu
well i am guessing that since the 1.1 engine is newer it comes with the immobilizer where as they are still using the same old engine for the 1.6 and dont want to waste time and effort in adding one

the double crank system has been around on the older palios too and am more or less ok with it now

anyways hope to hear some more updates from your side.
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 16:13   #176
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Sorry for my ignorance, How does the engine immoblizer work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
well i am guessing that since the 1.1 engine is newer it comes with the immobilizer where as they are still using the same old engine for the 1.6 and dont want to waste time and effort in adding one
It shouldn't be a big deal fitting the engine immobilizer - right? I don't see what it has to do with how new the engine is. I wouldn't think that there was some engine mod that was required - after all its easy to buy an anti-theft system after market, for around 5-6K with the engine immobilizer function.

Finney, this topic has been done to death over the icat system in the SX4/ maruti thread - very quickly though, its just a chip, usually RFID, in the key, whose code should match the code programmed into the immobilizer circuit - and if the codes don't match, or the ignition key doesn't have a chip, the fuel supply is cut (is there an input from the immobilizer to the ECU?)
Thingummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 16:38   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,488
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

well maybe they want to save their 6k.. imo the immobilizer on the fiats required the whole ingnition assemby to be replaced in case a wrong key was used so guessing that its a bit more complex.
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 16:41   #178
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,609
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Thanks Raghu for that crisp info on Engine immobiliser.

Well, it is certainly a good Security feature to have!
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 16:49   #179
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,731
Thanked: 15,788 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Ricky's mail seem to indicate that engine immobiliser may not be technically feasible for 1.6. Since 1.1 is a new(er) engine, it might be built for it.
Or is Mr. Ricky throwing some BS around?
Come on, Maruti now has it on all their models?

Is FIAT saying that the 1.6 engine is 'pre-historic' or something? And they most probably might have it on their european cars as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 19:24   #180
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,598
Thanked: 6,093 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Kiran, pardon my ignorance but unless the dealers are stealing the above mentioned parts the strategy to me comes straight out of Fiat's pockets. Also, I am tending to believe that the dealers are mentioning so because Fiat might have asked them to?
I agree. Its an error from every dept. Its a lapse in how Fiat operates I must say.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2002 palio 1.6 GTX (or) 2006 Baleno (or) New palio stile 1.6 sports (or) Ford fusion Mr_Bean Hatchbacks 31 16th December 2010 17:12
Palio Stile 1.6 or Palio Stile 1.3MJD? rudrah Hatchbacks 47 5th May 2008 03:45
Palio Stile 1.6 Sports (Formula Red) guyonblackybx Long-Term Ownership Reviews 106 28th February 2008 21:21
Taking the plunge for a Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Am i being wise? ReNaGade Hatchbacks 1 27th July 2007 18:16
Speaker size for Palio Stile 1.6 Sports? uttamc In-Car Entertainment 7 29th May 2007 22:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks