Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th July 2007, 19:09   #196
Team-BHP Support

park light switch is very convenient, i dont know some other cars also came with this, opels i think am not sure. i think the high beam switching are typical european regulation thingies and thats how they trickle down to fiats and other brands.

mercs with one sided parking lights thats a pretty neat one, why waste energy
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 21:24   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Interesting to know. Let me try this feature today. I wondered what that small button was there for. Did you try this yourself?
wow! didn't know about this feature. Tried it today and it works. Went through the owner's manual and they call it the "parking" position. Pretty neat (although i just can't figure out why this position wasnt the intermediate position between ignition off and engine on)
Thingummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 21:27   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttamc View Post
Here's the communication i've had with Ricky Walters of FIAT while asking about / for the immobilizer in the stile 1.6
Mr. Walter's response to you is a CRC match with whatever he sent me! Looks like he (or FIAT) has created a standard template to reply back to the immobilizer query
Thingummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 00:18   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Uttam, the guys documenting the Specs/Features are humans too, and so mistakes do happen! Leave it at that!

I am sure you would agree that Palio 1.6 Sports even without Engine immoblizer is a Great Value for Money!

Being a FIAT fan is agreeable. But does it mean supporting everything they do?

I went to TATA-FIAT dealer yesterday. And they had the following to say on the palio.
1. Leather steering and gear knob is available only on the 1.6
2. Immobiliser is present in the 'third key' which they were not 'able to' show me. This they said for the palio 1.6.
3. The palio 1.6 present there didnt have any of this though!

Isn't this cheating? I Knew this issue from this thread. What if i hadnt? Wouldn't i be cheated also, like some others here have been cheated?

Palio 1.6 is a VFM car, and a good one too, but immobiliser is a very good security feature. One that may save the palio from being robbed.

Its certainly not that simple to let them make money fooling customers with features that dont exist. And from the reply letter, the attitude seems to be 'You have chosen FIAT knowing the cars are good, but the rest is bad. So learn to live with it'

Note- Loved the palio and would like to buy the 1.6. So, i am not a FIAT hater nor fan.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 11:11   #200
Senior - BHPian

I can take the point about the technological barriers to the fitting of an immobilizer on the 1.6. What I cannot take is the utter stupidity that Fiat India is displaying even now. Why can't they be a bit more serious? Idiots.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 19:56   #201
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if you have a case here to fight against fiat-india in Court.

Almost all brochures from automobile companies[I have read] have some clause which states something like X company has the right to change price,colour,equipment and specifications without prior notice.
Some dont bother to go the full length and just type in specifications are subject to change without prior notice.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 14th July 2007 at 20:11.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 11:25   #202

Hi All,

After going through various threads in Team-BHP forum, i am going to book a palio 1.6 today.I am leaving in about 2 hours from now for the dealership in Gurgaon. I hope my decision to go for palio 1.6 vis a vis swift would be a good one.

--Cheers
ND Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 12:45   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Stud View Post
Hi All,

After going through various threads in Team-BHP forum, i am going to book a palio 1.6 today.I am leaving in about 2 hours from now for the dealership in Gurgaon. I hope my decision to go for palio 1.6 vis a vis swift would be a good one.

--Cheers
Its not a good one...its one of the best decisions in ur life......
The 1.6 is a pleasure to drive.....dont take my word....

The more you drive..the more you will know
raajks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 17:46   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Stud View Post
Hi All,

--Cheers
Are you going to book it from Dhingra Motors?

I have booked mine from them (Formula Red Palio 1.6) on 1.07.2007. I am still awaiting for it's delivery. Hopefully will get it till next sunday. They say it's been delayed due to rain which seems to be a good excuse. Can't complain about it.

I was told on phone after one week of booking that I will not get immobilizer as it is discontinued now. I was already aware of this so took it with a grain of salt, but he said he will give me leather steering & gear cover.
guessme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 11:06   #205
Team-BHP Support

So many guys moving towards the Palio Stile 1.6!! Sign of good times?
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 11:07   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
So many guys moving towards the Palio Stile 1.6!! Sign of good times?
Somehow, just somehow, I think Fiat will screw this up as well.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 11:15   #207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Somehow, just somehow, I think Fiat will screw this up as well.
Hehehe I am sure about it too
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 18:41   #208
BHPian

I have been through all the Palio 1.6 threads and have almost made up my mind to go in for the Stile 1.6 sports. This is going to be my first new car (i had a used cielo till now). I was looking for a car in the 4-5 lakh range and was even ready to up my budget by taking more loan for the SX4. Drove the SX4 and the 1.6 and guess what, the Palio feels much faster and responsive. Dont know what Suzuki has done with the new M series engine, the 102 horses of the SX4 dont gallop as fast as the Palio's 100. Anywhich way the Palio is great VFM even though you wont get the immobilizer and the leather gear knob and steering. BTW Dhingra Motors sucks since they refused a test drive on first account since it had rained and the roads were wet. They said they DONT GIVE TEST DRIVES IN RAINY SEASON!!! Now that's not how you sell cars FIAT.
ReNaGade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 20:23   #209
Senior - BHPian

ReNaGade, check out the other Fiat-Tata dealers in Delhi.

Their details can be found here: Fiat India - Dealer Locator
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 22:05   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNaGade View Post
I have been through all the Palio 1.6 threads and have almost made up my mind to go in for the Stile 1.6 sports. This is going to be my first new car (i had a used cielo till now). I was looking for a car in the 4-5 lakh range and was even ready to up my budget by taking more loan for the SX4. Drove the SX4 and the 1.6 and guess what, the Palio feels much faster and responsive. Dont know what Suzuki has done with the new M series engine, the 102 horses of the SX4 dont gallop as fast as the Palio's 100. Anywhich way the Palio is great VFM even though you wont get the immobilizer and the leather gear knob and steering. BTW Dhingra Motors sucks since they refused a test drive on first account since it had rained and the roads were wet. They said they DONT GIVE TEST DRIVES IN RAINY SEASON!!! Now that's not how you sell cars FIAT.
Thats is weird. I have tested both the 1.1 and the 1.6 a week back from Dhingra. The guy was very cooperative and came to my office two days in a row for the test drive !!. Just sorting out my finances to buy the shiny black 1.6 I a months time
greatpower is offline   Reply With Quote