Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd August 2007, 00:03   #226
BHPian

Yup, mine's a regular stock steel wheel as well!

Is this true for ALL cars? or only fiats?? Will check on my friends honda city tomorrow.
uttamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 00:17   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
All cars have steel wheel for the spare tyre. Don't worry.

Congrats on your new car. Do post your expereince with the car alongwith pictures.

Abroad, all cars come with a spare tyre thats actually a size smaller then the 4 installed tyres. In fact, the Swift in India initially had the same arrangement. The company made a recall to 'rectify' this 'mistake'.

are you talking about the space savers ?

and yes mine came with a steel rim in the boot with a marking saying "only intented for use with alloy wheeled cars" or something similiar
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 07:22   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttamc View Post
Yup, mine's a regular stock steel wheel as well!

Is this true for ALL cars? or only fiats?? Will check on my friends honda city tomorrow.
Don't think its true for all cars, but definitely true for most. When i was TD'ing the Cedia about 2-3 months ago, the sales person very proudly opened the boot and showed me the spare alloy wheel. I was like "what's the big deal" and he told me - "sir, this is special about the Cedia. Even some cars at the higher end than Cedia provide steel spare wheel"

If its any consolation - the stiles have tubeless tyres, and if my experience with the old zen is any indication, the spare will be rarely used. I changed the tyres on the zen to yoko tubeless in early 2005, and until August 2007 (27 months) have had one puncture (that too because of a sharp angled rock that cut the sidewall) Just to compare this against what was happening before, for the year before i changed over to tubeless, i had an average of 1 puncture a month (that should give you an indication of the roads i used to commute on) ...
Thingummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 08:32   #229
Team-BHP Support

Please see these two threads, it will explain things better:

Spare wheel different size (Spare Wheel is different size)
Swift spare tyre recall (Swift ZXi--Spare Tyre Recall by Maruti)

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2007, 19:39   #230
BHPian

I had bought a Swift Zxi in 2005 just when it was launched. We also got a regular 14 inch steel wheel while the rest were alloys. Suzuki as a good will gesture later replaced the wheel and tyre at no charge. However i dont think Fiat is going to do the same. Btw i havent used my Swift's spare yet and it's done 30000 kms, the tubeless tyres almost do away with a need for a spare. Many cars abroad have started coming without a spare, case in example Porsche's.
ReNaGade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2007, 20:37   #231
Senior - BHPian

hope you maintain the practice of tyre rotation though
Old 5th August 2007, 20:48   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNaGade View Post
Many cars abroad have started coming without a spare, case in example Porsche's.
The road conditions are also entirely different there.
These days in trivandrum, we prefer to drive off road rather than on it.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 18:54   #233
BHPian

Default Scary FE

The 1.6 stile is on its 200th km ! Will post pics soon.
While I'm not one for FE, yet 6.5-7 kmpl isnt what I expect based on comments on the forum....and I've driven in minimal traffic ( meagre clutch use)
Waiting for my 1st service...any clues ..i'm targeting 9.5-10 kmpl.

It could also be a classic case of adulteration- am tanking up from another pump and then giving an update.

Apart from that....the drive is a blast !!!!!! No car under 8L gives this sort of experience !

Btw...Dhingra apparently doesnt have the complete list of spares as yet....which Delhi dealer is recommended for service ?
JishD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 22:20   #234
Senior - BHPian

6.5-7 ? something is seriously wrong .. change the bunk asap

also nothing much happens in first service.. get a water wash and be happy.

they say they check fluids and tighten any bolts etc and rectify complaints. no fluids changed or such
Old 7th August 2007, 06:44   #235
BHPian

actually, you can ask an oil and filter change in the first service and they oblige ..

@Jish - 6.5-7 sounds very wrong indeed. You should probably try Shell normal, to see if the mileage improves. I find it very hard to get below 9kmpl, and as posted on threads here, my mileage numbers vary between a little over 9 to a little over 12 kmpl...
Thingummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 09:11   #236
BHPian

@Jishd. 6-7.5 seems real low. Even my Adventure is giving me 8.5 - 9.5 in Bangalore City traffic. As others suggested, you should be looking at changing petrol bunks. Or any chance of you making mistakes in calculating. Sorry, just asking.
thalavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 10:13   #237
BHPian

6-7.5 is scary! Do you only redline??

I think you may be right about the adulterated fuel. I drive in bombay traffic (and its hell) and get about 8.6 - 9.5 everytime in city with 100% ac. I used to get 8.6 with HP Power and IOC Xtrapremium. I recently switched to IOC Regular and noticed an increase in the FE. This may also be cuz the car's nearing 2500 km now. I believe FE does increase gradually.
uttamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 10:25   #238
Senior - BHPian

yes uttam you are right , i noticed the same , the car settled in after about 2k kms now am getting 9.5-10.5 in the city regularly
Old 7th August 2007, 14:07   #239
BHPian

Default Something Grossly wrong with your FE

Hi!

Something grossly wrong with the car or the fuel. My adventure sport gives 9+ with 100% a/c on in Mumbai city. Hence, you must expect at least 9kmpl in your 1.6 Palio Stile....
omar1310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 14:28   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
All cars have steel wheel for the spare tyre. Don't worry.

Congrats on your new car. Do post your expereince with the car alongwith pictures.

Abroad, all cars come with a spare tyre thats actually a size smaller then the 4 installed tyres. In fact, the Swift in India initially had the same arrangement. The company made a recall to 'rectify' this 'mistake'.
The explanation they provide is that, spare wheel is only for emergency and get the puncture repaired as soon as possible and and fix the original wheel. Somewhere I read about this on net.

Mine also came with steel wheel for the spare.
mahadev_kc is offline   Reply With Quote