Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th June 2007, 21:09   #61
BHPian

If I were you,I'd run to the dealer and blow my top off. There ain't no leather on that thing.Its a regular steering wheel!

Edit- Aha, that is some timing my friend. Its good you realised that your deal was'nt all rosy.Have they given you the 1.1's engine as well?By mistake? Ok that was a sad one. Anyways, hoping you get that leather wrapped steering and gear knob ASAP.And yeah, that was really pathetic on Fiat's/the dealer's part.Most likely it should be the dealer fooling around.I dont see how a 1.6 can come off the assembly line with such a blatant mistake.But you never know.

Last edited by roms : 13th June 2007 at 21:19.
roms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 21:16   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post

If I were you,I'd run to the dealer and blow my top off. There ain't no leather on that thing.Its a regular steering wheel! But maybe your ok with the deal, so enjoy your ride.
yeah dude, you're right on that.

They're supposed to call me tomorrow morning n tell me when they'll change the steering and the gear.... right now im quite pissed cuz a damn bird shat on the car! LOL!

Wish i had an airgun.
uttamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 21:20   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post

If I were you,I'd run to the dealer and blow my top off. There ain't no leather on that thing.Its a regular steering wheel!

Edit- Aha, that is some timing my friend. Its good you realised that your deal was'nt all rosy.Have they given you the 1.1's engine as well?By mistake? Ok that was a sad one. Anyways, hoping you get that leather wrapped steering and gear knob ASAP.And yeah, that was really pathetic on Fiat's/the dealer's part.Most likely it should be the dealer fooling around.I dont see how a 1.6 can come off the assembly line with such a blatant mistake.

Thankfully it can't be a 1.1 engine... she sucks fuel like a 1.6 hahhaha

No dude, but honestly the car rocks! I can see the flaws in rosy fiat world.
Old 13th June 2007, 21:28   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttamc View Post
More news:

I got an average of 8.6 in the car - taking revs up to 3000. I believe mileage does increase after the first service.
Thats pretty much what you can expect from the car at this time of ownership.It will go up by 0.5-1 km/l after a while, especially if you start up shifting at 2K rpm.The torque is so good, you dont need to take it higher than that in city driving conditions, unless you are in the mood for some fun and you can actually find some decent stretch to do that.Have fun!
roms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 01:32   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got an average of 8.6 in the car - taking revs up to 3000. I believe mileage does increase after the first service.
I believe the revs will increase after first service too. hehe.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 03:33   #66
BHPian

Wow palio never looked so beautiful to me before ,may be never saw one black colour before and that to in a well lit night at an awesome place

Congrats man
rubin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 10:38   #67
BHPian

ICE PROBLEM guys!!

Basically, the music system was working perfectly the night before last, then yday morning when i turned on the car - the cd loads, i can select the track, i see the track time ticking on, but no sound from speakers. I try the radio, i can select channels, but again no sound from speakers....

Weird huh...

So i decide to leave work early n take the car to the guys who fitted it -

Turn on the car in the afternoon and everything's working fine!!! Anyway, i took the car for the guy to check out the wiring - he said everything's okay (as in, wiring's fine) and he said if the wiring was messed, even the HU won't work.

Anyway, so i enjoyed the music last evening.

This morning, i turn on the car and same story!?!?!?

Anyone experienced the same thing?? I dunno if it's got something with a cold engine (i dont see how engine can affect the music system) - its got nothing to do with turning on the car lights either. Battery issue??

Oh yeah, when i turn on the HU i hear a small click from the front left speakers - thats all - then onwards, silence is golden.

Anyone experience a similar problem? Or any suggestions?
Old 14th June 2007, 11:42   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ICE PROBLEM guys!!
Read the other thread you started. Me too thinks might be faulty wiring. Not sure though!
Old 14th June 2007, 17:14   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
Hi!

Wlecome to the world of FIAT Cars...Enjoy the HOT HATCH!

I have an Adventure and I get invariably between 9-9.5 with 100% a/c on in Mumbai city. So, sensible driving (Actually difficult with the hot hatch), should get you about 10kmpl with 100% a/c on! You shouldn't be sad at all if you get more than 9....Let me give you a comparison, all in Mumbai city with 100% a/c (This is post feedback from the owners). You car has a kerb weight of 1060kgs and a power of 100BHP @ 5500 RPM

1. Hyundai Accent 1.5 gives you around 8.5 - 9.5 ( Kerb Weight 1014kgs, Max power 95BHP @ 5500 RPM)
2. The new Verna gives you around 9 (Kerb Weight 1152kgs, Max power 103BHP @ 5500 RPM)
3. The Baleno 1.5 (93 BHP) power gave 10-11
4. The Ford 1.6 gave 8-9 and the IKON Flair with 778kg of Kerb weight and 70BHP @ 5500 RPM gives between 9-10 kmpl
5. Honda City VTEC gives 10-11 (Kerb Weight 1065kgs, Max Power 100BHP @ 5800 RPM)
6. The Hyundai Getz 1.3 prime gives between 9.5 -11 (Kerb Weight 1033 kgs, Max power 83BHP @ 5500 RPM)
7. The Ford Fiesta 1.6 gives 9 -10 (Kerb Weight 1130kg, Max power 101 BHP @ 6500 RPM)

So, why the comparison??? I don't understand! Hence, don't bother and enjoy the beauty!
Hey Omar,
Not sure of Bombay traffic, but in Hyd my Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi give me a mileage of 10 to 12 with 100% AC. These days, traffic is pretty bad due to constuction of new flyovers.
Just wanted to educate the forum on this.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 20:39   #70
BHPian

Default You must write to Fiat and Tata Motors for this goof up!

Suggest, please write to FIAT (India as well as Italy) and Tata Motors about this stupid goof up of not giving you a CAR with leather wrapped Sterring Wheel and Gear Knob!

Suggest, you park your car at the dealer's place and don't move your car untill they change it! If you don;t this, you will never get them back. (How did you not check this while taking delivery!)

Also, very very stupid on Fiat's quality dept to have given you a car without the standard features. Also, in my mind, they do have a rear spoiler....though it doesn't mention in the website...but what do they mean by B-pillar styling strip!

Fiat India : Showroom - Palio Stile

Regards
omar1310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 20:57   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
Suggest, please write to FIAT (India as well as Italy) and Tata Motors about this stupid goof up of not giving you a CAR with leather wrapped Sterring Wheel and Gear Knob!

Suggest, you park your car at the dealer's place and don't move your car untill they change it! If you don;t this, you will never get them back. (How did you not check this while taking delivery!)

Also, very very stupid on Fiat's quality dept to have given you a car without the standard features. Also, in my mind, they do have a rear spoiler....though it doesn't mention in the website...but what do they mean by B-pillar styling strip!

Fiat India : Showroom - Palio Stile

Regards

Im really thinking of doing that dude, cuz its a HUGE goof up, im gonna ask for a new car! Can anyone help me with an email address or contact here??
Old 14th June 2007, 22:37   #72
BHPian

Thumbs up

@Uttamc,
Congratulations on being a proud (probably the 1st in the forum) owner of the 1.6 palio stile.
Btw, had you drive the 1.6 retro before buying? I keep getting a feeling the seats were so different in the 1.6 retro that the drive was considerably better in the 1.6 retro vs the 1.6 stile.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe !

@Omar .... from the brochures for 1.6 stile, there is no spoiler for the 1.6 stile.
Cheers ( not to be interpretted as drink and drive! )
sithon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 22:48   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Im really thinking of doing that dude, cuz its a HUGE goof up, im gonna ask for a new car! Can anyone help me with an email address or contact here??
HUGE goof up?

Something else missing other than the leather?

You could also seek the help of the magazines. I did once write to OVERDRIVE. and the promptly called up Rajiv Bajaj and solved my issue.
Old 15th June 2007, 00:13   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithon View Post
@Uttamc,
Congratulations on being a proud (probably the 1st in the forum) owner of the 1.6 palio stile.
Btw, had you drive the 1.6 retro before buying? I keep getting a feeling the seats were so different in the 1.6 retro that the drive was considerably better in the 1.6 retro vs the 1.6 stile.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe !

@Omar .... from the brochures for 1.6 stile, there is no spoiler for the 1.6 stile.
Cheers ( not to be interpretted as drink and drive! )
Yeah, i did go for a drive with someone who had the retro 1.6 tonight, he did tell me about the previous one's seats being amazingly like a sports car - really low etc. However he did say that they've changed the interiours a lil bit now to allow more room...

I haven't driven the retro ever, but i do believe that they've remapped gears etc. for added mileage, and the power has reduced below 2500 rpm. But there's still so much torque that you can't complain. Its a pleasure to drive and you can take any car on the road! (at least that's the feeling).

They've also reduced the car weight by 20 kilos.

And you're right on that - no spoiler.
Old 15th June 2007, 00:28   #75
BHPian

Default Log on to fiatclubindia.com

Hi! Log on to fiatclubindia.com and post your disgust there. Some of the moderators of the club know the FIAT guys pretty well.

Also, just to tell you, one of the Adventure owners had some issues with the Pirelli tires and he wrote on the feedback section of Fiat India's website..they agreed to bear the 50% cost of the new tires. If this is true, then just post your comments on the website.

Also, you can speak to Magesh Koladkar of Fiat. Also, out your views strongly to Mr. Marius D'Lima of FIAT India

This is nonsense and they must bear the brunt of it, not you!

Regards
omar1310 is offline   Reply With Quote