Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2007, 09:55   #91
BHPian
 
prabuddhadg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 730
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
Uttam...Do me a favour and check whether there is a tow pin in the front and rear behind the small lid in the bumpers. My 2006 Palio has the lids but no tow pins...Upon asking the dealer they were also shocked to see that and then checked for all the 2006 models and none of them had a towpin.. FIAT India at its best at cost cutting
Rishi,
I drive a 2006 Petra and the manual says the towing hook can be threaded on to the points provided on the bumpers. The hook is supposed to be a part of the tool kit, but mine, as also of many buyers at this time, was missing. The hook is long and will stick out beyon the lid, if fixed on the point.
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 10:01   #92
BHPian
 
prabuddhadg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 730
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

That is a great car you have, Uttam. After the running in (you just have to drive quietly for about 2500km) you can really enjoy not only the torque, but also the sound.
I took it (mine is a Petra) to the highway a few months back, and did the 4th to 3rd downshift at 50. My driving has not been the same since.
It is a fabulous car to drive, sturdily built and stable to drive. What is great is that while I am quite an ordinary driver, I can do 160 on a good road even one with curves, without feeling out of my depth. My car seems to understand my secret desires and push me towards attaining them.
So, go ahead, let the car spoil you.
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 10:46   #93
BHPian
 
rapideffect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 147
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Hi Uttam,

Glad to know that you got what you deserved to get. I doubt Shaman for the glitch that made you to go through all the hassles.
rapideffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 12:22   #94
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
Hi Uttam,

Glad to know that you got what you deserved to get. I doubt Shaman for the glitch that made you to go through all the hassles.
I think i mentioned this on another thread, but just to reiterate, it looks like there was a problem with the brochures and the communication created on the FIAT website. My dealer informed me that they received a notification from FIAT asking them to black out the leather gear knob and steering grip for the Stile 1.6, as this was erroneous and the 1.6 wasn't being shipped from the factory with these items fitted.

Another surprise (i keep realizing new things from the date i've booked the car - which is getting close to 14 days now) is that the stile 1.6 doesn't have an engine immobilizer .. only the 1.1s do. Now isn't that a surprise - a pricier car not having options that are standard on the cheaper version .. What to do, i love this car too much to really be angry with these idiosyncrasies ...

One question for the Stile 1.6 users, and the gurus - does the Stile 1.6 have a drive-by-wire throttle?
Thingummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 14:11   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 62
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy View Post
I think i mentioned this on another thread, but just to reiterate, it looks like there was a problem with the brochures and the communication created on the FIAT website. My dealer informed me that they received a notification from FIAT asking them to black out the leather gear knob and steering grip for the Stile 1.6, as this was erroneous and the 1.6 wasn't being shipped from the factory with these items fitted.

Another surprise (i keep realizing new things from the date i've booked the car - which is getting close to 14 days now) is that the stile 1.6 doesn't have an engine immobilizer .. only the 1.1s do. Now isn't that a surprise - a pricier car not having options that are standard on the cheaper version .. What to do, i love this car too much to really be angry with these idiosyncrasies ...

One question for the Stile 1.6 users, and the gurus - does the Stile 1.6 have a drive-by-wire throttle?

Hey, how does one know / check for an engine immobilizer??

Please dont believe the nonsense your dealers telling you about no leather steering wheel and gearknob - they're just saying it to cover their asses. Who is your dealer? if its Shaman, prabhadevi then DEFINITELY do not believe it.

You're booking your car for all these features - and paying a lot more for it, please get what you pay for. The closer it gets to delivery date, the more they try to bull**** you cuz they know you want your car. Please be tough on all these things and don't get taken for a ride (no pun intended)

What's a drive by wire throttle??
uttamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 14:55   #96
BHPian
 
prabuddhadg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 730
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

I thought Omar asked somewhere what a B pillar styling strip was. Its the black coloured strip on the b pillar, that is the front part of the window frame of the rear door and the back part of the window frame of the front door, combined. Some people feel it looks better if it is black and not body coloured, since you can have the windows blacked out with dark film and make the whole thing look like one piece, from front door window to rear door window.
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 15:14   #97
BHPian
 
windsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dundee, UK
Posts: 512
Thanked: 25 Times
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy View Post
I think i mentioned this on another thread, but just to reiterate, it looks like there was a problem with the brochures and the communication created on the FIAT website. My dealer informed me that they received a notification from FIAT asking them to black out the leather gear knob and steering grip for the Stile 1.6, as this was erroneous and the 1.6 wasn't being shipped from the factory with these items fitted.
Fiat website still says so. Are you sure 1.6 stile does not come with leather wrapped steering and gear knob? That's very surprising.
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 15:17   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,597
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy View Post
One question for the Stile 1.6 users, and the gurus - does the Stile 1.6 have a drive-by-wire throttle?
Palio 1.9D had Drive-by-wire for sure, don't think petrol Palio had that.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 15:23   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Fiat website still says so. Are you sure 1.6 stile does not come with leather wrapped steering and gear knob? That's very surprising.
what is wrong with this FIAT guys. They are into so much cost cutting that they are spoiling the product all together. I think the St(er)ilized version is going to spoil whatever is left of the sexiest hatch!!!
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 15:37   #100
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pune - Now in Munich, Germany
Posts: 756
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy View Post
notification from FIAT asking them to black out the leather gear knob and steering grip for the Stile 1.6, as this was erroneous and the 1.6 wasn't being shipped from the factory with these items fitted.

Another surprise (i keep realizing new things from the date i've booked the car - which is getting close to 14 days now) is that the stile 1.6 doesn't have an engine immobilizer .. only the 1.1s do. Now isn't that a surprise - a pricier car not having options that are standard on the cheaper version ..
All fiat lover we together can take some action for such stupid things.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 16:16   #101
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Fiat website still says so. Are you sure 1.6 stile does not come with leather wrapped steering and gear knob? That's very surprising.
That's what Manipal here in Bangalore told me. The person at the dealership offered to show the notice from FIAT to its dealers the next time i dropped in there.
Thingummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 16:23   #102
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttamc View Post
Hey, how does one know / check for an engine immobilizer??

Please dont believe the nonsense your dealers telling you about no leather steering wheel and gearknob - they're just saying it to cover their asses. Who is your dealer? if its Shaman, prabhadevi then DEFINITELY do not believe it.

You're booking your car for all these features - and paying a lot more for it, please get what you pay for. The closer it gets to delivery date, the more they try to bull**** you cuz they know you want your car. Please be tough on all these things and don't get taken for a ride (no pun intended)

What's a drive by wire throttle??
I'm not sure about how to identify the engine immobilizer - i believe the key is a little bigger, and there might be a security display (or at least a blinking light) on the instrumentation panel. Maybe the 1.1 owners can throw some light on how this looks.

Drive-by-wire is where the accelerator is connected to an electronic circuit, which in turn sends the appropriate input to the ECU, eliminating the need for an accelerator cable. I think this also manifests itself in the way the throttle response is felt - if the accelerator pedal is floored, it doesn't result in an immediate surge but rather a gradual acceleration. Its supposed to help in fuel efficiency too. Is this available on any of the Stiles, or is it a diesel only thing?
Thingummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 16:41   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,487
Thanked: 130 Times
Default

you could be right about the engine mobilizer .. i didnt get the red key thats supposed to come ..
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 16:51   #104
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 62
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
you could be right about the engine mobilizer .. i didnt get the red key thats supposed to come ..

Yup, i got a blue key as well... but i managed to get the leather steering and gearknob after a lil bit of fighting...

I think the immobilizer can be arranged for as well

I just think its stupid these guys say the car comes with all this equipment etc and then just not show up...

I think they should advertise a 2.0 l petrol engine for the stile and a sunroof as well.. i mean, its all false promises anyway
uttamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 19:45   #105
BHPian
 
Nimz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 462
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy View Post
Drive-by-wire is where the accelerator is connected to an electronic circuit, which in turn sends the appropriate input to the ECU, eliminating the need for an accelerator cable. I think this also manifests itself in the way the throttle response is felt - if the accelerator pedal is floored, it doesn't result in an immediate surge but rather a gradual acceleration. Its supposed to help in fuel efficiency too. Is this available on any of the Stiles, or is it a diesel only thing?
I guess this is the same as a motorized throttle intake which is available on the Spark.
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2002 palio 1.6 GTX (or) 2006 Baleno (or) New palio stile 1.6 sports (or) Ford fusion Mr_Bean Hatchbacks 31 16th December 2010 17:12
Palio Stile 1.6 or Palio Stile 1.3MJD? rudrah Hatchbacks 47 5th May 2008 03:45
Palio Stile 1.6 Sports (Formula Red) guyonblackybx Long-Term Ownership Reviews 106 28th February 2008 21:21
Taking the plunge for a Palio Stile 1.6 Sports - Am i being wise? ReNaGade Hatchbacks 1 27th July 2007 18:16
Speaker size for Palio Stile 1.6 Sports? uttamc In-Car Entertainment 7 29th May 2007 22:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks